Nice reply, yours :)

So, what did Ebertin did in the end to the houses?
I've never heard of him before, but I am going to research it.

It's somewhat startling as we seek to reveal these secrets, we stumble on the ancient practices of Astrology!

Feel free to write more!

Between the 1930's and 60's, Ebertin developed a system of astrology known as "Cosmobiologie", which is quite popular today (especially in German-speaking countries) This system does not use any houses whatsoever, its considerartions are focused upon planets, several types of aspects, zodiacal signs, directions and, to a limited extent, stars. It also pays a great deal of attention to the qualitative meaning of the degrees of space (that is, to the degrees of each sign). Practitioners of this approach make use of special dials (particularly one called a "90 degree dial") in making their calculations. The system bears little resemblence to the theories and techniques of traditional astrology. However, it has (to my mind) several very interesting conceptual insights in some areas.

Newbie here, with his first post.

I started my astro journey in 1963 with Jeff Mayo's 'Teach Yourself Astrology'. That book used Equal Houses, and this method was, I understand, the accepted system for the Faculty of Astrological Studies with its main text by Margaret E. Hone.
It was only when I started reading A.T. Mann, who uses Placidus, that I really learned about different house systems. I now find that Equal House just does not allow the nuances of natal chart reading that I require, and I can no longer read Equal House natals. Even in latitudes above 55 degrees, Placidus charts are equal some of the time, but if the chart houses are concertinad ( is that a word?) in the higher latitudes, I apologise and don't read the chart.
Within certain parameters, I think it is the symbolism of the chart, rather than the house system employed, which matters most. If the astrologer can gain true readings of the symbolism, then the choice of House System is secondary.