Here is one for our collection of observations:
Norwegian Elite League

Lillestr?m - Start,
19.35 CST Lillestr?m 59N57 11E05
Odds: 2.25 3.40 3.00
Asc 4SG51 MC 15LI59 Moon 7SC00 POF 1AR50
Day Mercury, Hour Saturn - not radical
The game ended 3-2. The guests received a Red Card in the 89th minute.
POF at 1AR50 is square Pluto at 1CP46. Is this the red card or the number of goals? This aspect, together with the chart not being radical is rather confusing. It is important to note that Venus, L10, is square Jupiter L10, together with the application of Mercury L7 to Jupiter L1 (but this is a too wide a window and not enough). The ascendant is trine the antiscia of Venus, L10.

Personally, I would probably have got lost on this one by the fact of POF being square Pluto and the chart lacking radicality, but I'm looking for new information - so why not include it! I'm checking out an idea - if the Lord of the Hour isn't radical, check out what the lord of the day is doing. Here the Lord of the Day, Mercury, is trine Jupiter, L1, - but I am uncertain as to whether this thesis will hold water. One thing that I think we have shown through are studies is that the Lord of the Hour is significant. That is, from an astrological perspective, very interesting in it self. Let's press on!

PS! Edit: One of the Lillestr?m got a shoulder from a Moss player in the face during the match and lost his upper left front tooth. POF in Aries square Pluto?

Our friends in Iceland:
Fylkir - Vestmannaeyar,
20.15 BST Reykjavik
Odds: 1.45 3.75 6.50
Asc 24SC33 MC 7LI10 Moon 7SC53 POF 22PI11
Day Mercury, Hour Saturn - Mars and Saturn are in the same triplicity.
The beauty of this chart is POF casting it's antiscia to the MC.
Fylkir, the home team favourites, won 3-0.
Last edited by Andrew Bevan on Thu Jul 02, 2009 12:06 pm, edited 3 times in total.
http://www.astronor.com

June 2. - A good one lined up in Iceland:

Valur - Hafnarfjordur,
21.00 BST Reykjavik 64N09 21W51
Odds: 3,20 3,20 2,05
Asc 1SG10 MC 20LI42 Moon 20SC43 POF 10AR49
Day Jupiter, Hour Sun - radical by powers with asc and triplicity
The Sun, LHr, is square POF. I feel quite positve that the favourites should get it. Mercury, L7, is opposite the antiscia of Pluto. Maybe we should just monitor for something extra-ordinary?

Valur - Hafnarfjordur 0-5

That is rather convincing! A nice return, too! :) :'
Both teams figure towards the top of the Icelandic league. It is if Pluto will push an extraodinary result or provocative event during the match. In other charts the prominence of the Nodes (not applicable here) may suggest that the teams are in some sort of 'fated lock' in terms of past results. Just keep eyes open so that we can check it out when the charts arize.

Two matches for Friday, one being played in the Women's league in Sweden:

Djurg?rden (W) - Kristianstads DFF (W), 18.30 CST Stockholm
Odds: 1,20 6,00 9,00
Asc 0SG51 MC 8LI02 Moon 1SG10 POF 20AR09
Day of Venus, Hour of the Moon - conjunct the ascendant.
The odds are rather obvious, but with the Lady of the Hour being in the ascendant, this should be a certain testimony indicating that the home team favourites get it.

Ireland Div. 1
Shelbourne - Mervue United,
20.00 BST Dublin
Odds: 1,27 4,75 8,75
Asc 17SG17 MC 22LI22 Moon 2SG27 POF 7TA44
Day of Venus, Hour of Saturn - LHr. square asc. through signs of L.A.
Again the odds are stacked in favour of the home team. The Lord of the Hour aspecting the asc. should be enough for the favourites to get it, but I do also not that the MC's antiscia casts a sextile to POF.

The total odds are 1,52:1. It's not much, but it may be combined in a triplet with Bray being defeated by Bohemians at 19.45 BST with the odds 1,40:1. The triplet is hardly sexy, but still fetches a price of 2,13:1. :wink:

Re Valur: L7, Mercury, stayed in his own (7th) house from the first moment of the match to the last. Moreover, he was also in his own sign, Gemini. Actually the 7th house was intercepted in Gemini. :)

Re Djurg?rden (W): Mercury is just outside of the 7th house here, and "on the wrong side", not being close to the 7th cusp but to the 8th cusp. As for close arabic part aspects, part of valour+bravery trine Jupiter 0?31, part of success conjunct MC 0?51.

I thought that Saturday appeared rather difficult when looking through some of those matches I thought would be interesting, but I have tried to select those three charts that made the most sense:

Finland:
Klubi 04 ? JIPPO, 15.00 CST Helsinki
Odds: 1,70 3,40 4,30
Asc 2SC24 MC 20LE11 Moon 11SG31 POF 1AR13
Dy Saturn, Hour Saturn ? same tripl as Mars, L1
Saturn antiscia to Sun, L10. Jupiter at 26AQ26 casts antiscia to ascendant.
Disturbing factors are POF square Mercury 1CN30 opp Pluto 1CP41.
Antiscia Venus, L7, at 0LE52 trine POF

Ireland - Div. 1
Kildare County - UC Dublin,
19.30 BST Kildare
Odds: 9,00 4,30 1,30
Asc 11SG58 MC 14LI39 Moon 14SG16 POF 13TA19
Day Saturn, Hour Sun ? radical by triplicity and powers with asc
POF sextile Sun, Lord Hour
Moon angular house in 1st, sextile MC
Saturn casts antiscia to IC. Moon antiscia 15CP44 square MC

Finn Harps ? Sorting Fingal, 20.00 BST
Odds: 3,75 3,25 1,85
Asc 15SG13 MC 21LI48 Moon 14SG31 POF 16TA48
Day Saturn, Hour Sun ? relates to Asc. + triplicity
Moon angular is favourite. LHr in signs as L7th.
POF trine Saturn. Exaltation degree of Saturn is on the MC.

I don't know all these teams too well, but the judgement seems to make sense in terms of odds and who is playing at home and away. The triplet collects a price of 3,76:1. :???:

Klubi 04 - Jippo 1-1 :(
Kildare - UC Dublin 0-1 :'
Finn Harps - Sporting Fingal 3-2 :,

Well, I know I said I thought the games looked difficult, but that was pretty bad. The draw in the Finnish match was probably OK in terms of there being testimonies both ways. Now why Finn Harps got their victory is more disturbing. Perhaps the Moon on the ascendant is not completely neutral after all. She does have dignity there by face. POF trine Saturn did not do it for the favourites either. It makes sense if the home team maintains the claim of the Midheaven due to the Almuten, Saturn.

But we have to note that Saturn is Lord of the Day, too. Perhaps that is the clue - that the Lord of the Day is for the home team or beholder of the pitch/ground. Then the Lord of the Day trine POF gives the home team the upper hand... :???:

Andrew Bevan wrote:Now why Finn Harps got their victory is more disturbing.
Yes, but the charts of the two Irish games are quite similar! (So the other question could be why UC Dublin has won as it was predicted? :) ) The POF trine to Saturn is very close in case of FH, yes, but we have the same aspect in case of UCD too, although a lot wider. Differences I see... 1) aspects to MC: FH - Jupiter trine, UCD - Sun square. 2) the Moon is near the asc in both cases, but FH - in 12th house, UCD - 1st house.

Is this stuff important, or what if we have a who-is-who issue here? :?

There was the unfortunate issue of the game in the upper division between St. Patrick's - Shamrock Rovers starting at the same time as Finn Harps/Sorting Fingal, 20.00 BST. The angles here being: Asc 18SG04 MC 23LI25 Moon 14SG31 POF 19TA39

The could be the issue of Finn Harps being ruled by either Sagittarius or Cancer, that could be an assisting factor during the match in question. Ie. The Moon in Sagittarius was on the ascendant.
Is this stuff important, or what if we have a who-is-who issue here? :?
I was hoping we might form an opinion on some of these questions at at a time when lesser things all were happening at once. There is also the problem of a game being played in central Europe, a match in England will have the exact same angles half an hour later. Is there any difference between a game played in Sweden and a game played in Denmark. Some times there is only a bridge separating the two...

Ireland 1st division
Longford ? Waterford (Longford, 18:30 local time)
Odds 4.75 / 3.50 / 1.75

Asc 0SG31 / MC 28VI26 / Moon 25SG44 / POF 12TA25
Day of Sun / Hour of Mercury

I give Asc/Jupiter to favorites Waterford. (Too bad, essential dignities of L1 and L7 are the same, just like yesterday.) Moon sextile L1 Jupiter. L10 Mars square L1 Jupiter. I see nothing else special. The starting time of the match is relatively unique, this is one of the two Irish games today, the other one starts 45 minutes later. It?s the first round of the championship, in theory everything can happen, but I would say that the favorites Waterford should get it, maybe a draw, but ? for me ? no strong testimony points to home victory.