Progressions: Saturn-Venus, Sun-Jupiter

Hi,

I currently have a couple of really interesting progressions. The first one is Sun progressed conjunct Jupiter progressed. Both on the verge of the natal IC.

Sun 21 5? Sag
Jupiter 21 46' Sag
Natal IC 22 52?Sag

Both these planets have a degree or two before they reach the IC, but they are within one degree of each other already.

This is meant I?ve read to be a very useful progression. And I can see it beginning to have effect on my career. I?ve started teaching and hoping to get some professional qualifications very soon in August. I was wondering about its effects on the home life also...

The second progression is Venus progressed conjunct Natal Saturn. This will be within one degree orb in September. This progression takes place in Scorpio in natal 2nd house. Though the Natal Venus is in Libra and Angular and free from stressful aspects. Natal Saturn is 45 Ascendant exact, and 90 degrees Sun/Moon.

So the Venus progression to Saturn will be:

Progressed Venus 8 8?
Natal Saturn 9 22?

With Natal Saturn semi-square Natal Ascendant, and Square Sun/Moon, (midpoint).

What I can say about this progression at the moment is that I suffer through it. How should I be? How should I act? I don?t really know what it is that I am doing wrong, but I know that I do wrong. Should I be serious and cold...? To avoid being hurt...? I seem to be heading in that direction. It is as if to have feelings is a crime, I find myself contantly saying "I will control my feelings and not let them dictate what I know with my head." But on the other hand I know without a doubt that my feelings are right.

Look to the nativity

Progression are meaningless unless they trigger something in the natal chart. Generally, this means that the planets involved in the progression have to have some sort of relationship to each other in the nativity, typically an aspect, though sometimes there will be an effect if one planet disposits the other.

The aspects in the natal chart that seem to "work" include the major aspects and the hard minor aspects. The semi-sextile is useless.

The Sun and Jupiter in your chart have no aspects or other relationships, so it is doubtful that the progression has much to do with your career advances. That said, with Jupiter in domain in the third house, education is definitely favored over the course of your life.

I don't think that you have anything to worry about regarding that Venus-Saturn progression as the two planets are not in aspect in your nativity. Of course, Saturn is the exalted ruler of your Venus, so that could be a concern, but Venus is strong in domain.

Progressions, especially secondary progressions, are very weak to use reliably in prediction. Nothing may happen at all. You may feel rather upbeat and excited about life, but that does not mean success at all. That is where Saturn comes in.

The Sun Jupiter progression could indicate a time of more spirituality in your life; it would depend also on what the Sun and Jupiter rule in your chart.

If you want some real excitement with progressions, try tertiary or minor progression. Tertiaries seem like transits with their effectiveness.

Re: Venus/Saturn, how should you act? Just be yourself, you may be going through some very serious phases with relationships, including feeling cut off or alienation from others. Much depends on a look at the natal chart.

Curtis
Many articles published on www.starworldnews.com

Curtis SWN wrote:Progressions, especially secondary progressions, are very weak to use reliably in prediction. Nothing may happen at all.... Much depends on a look at the natal chart. Curtis
Your last sentence says it all. Progressions of any type are useless as a predictive tool unless they relate, in a significant way, to the natal promise.

If they do pertain to the natal chart, they are a spectacularly useful predictive tool.

Ellen wrote:
Curtis SWN wrote:Progressions, especially secondary progressions, are very weak to use reliably in prediction. Nothing may happen at all.... Much depends on a look at the natal chart. Curtis
Your last sentence says it all. Progressions of any type are useless as a predictive tool unless they relate, in a significant way, to the natal promise.

If they do pertain to the natal chart, they are a spectacularly useful predictive tool.
I think it?s more the other way round. Transits may not brinig about anything on their own, but coupled with progressions and Solar Arc it makes predictions fairly accurate.