Confederations Cup 2009

June 17.

Spain - Iraq, 16.00 CST Mangaung/Bloemfontein 29S06 26E13
Odds: 1,08 10,00 25,00
Asc 6SG38 MC 19LE45 Moon 16AR18 POF 26LI25
Considered to be a walkover by Spain. Sagittarius, the natural sign of Spain is on the ascendant. The Sun is square Uranus and both are in aspect to POF. That configuation is actually quite interesting, but probably no need to expect any suprises.

South Africa - New Zealand, 20.30 CST Rustenburg 25S40 27E14
Odds: 1,28 5,00 10,00
Asc 7AQ38 MC 3SC05 Moon 18AR48 POF 29SC45
Day Mercury, Hour Mercury - rules the asc by triplicity.
The home team are highly held favourties. Considering POF is changing sign and Mars, L10, is buried in the 4th joined to Venus - There could be an outside possibility of a draw? Just be careful before awarding South Africa a default position.
Last edited by Andrew Bevan on Tue Jun 16, 2009 1:55 pm, edited 2 times in total.
http://www.astronor.com

Here's the correct link :wink:
http://www.fifa.com/confederationscup/m ... index.html

Spain/Iraq
I agree no surprises, especially as Jupiter is hour-ruler (same as Asc ruler) so chart is radical. If we give Mercury and Desc to Spain (as faves), then Sun as L10 square POF could be considered a negative testimony for Iraq. From previous examples I've found, Uranus opp POF was inconclusive but generally it didn't appear to upset the favourites.

SA/NZ
Moon is partile trine antiscion Venus (L4). If SA get the Asc as home/faves, then this would favour NZ - maybe not enough to win but at least to score or even possibly draw. Using my alternative method, Sun has minor dignity by face, Saturn is peregrine so I'll give Sun and Desc to SA - in which case the Moon/ant L4 testimony favours them. It will be interesting to see how it works out. The chart is radical by triplicity. (BTW it's Mercury day and Mercury hour, so it's a different kind of triplicity. I'm not certain whether this kind also indicates draws or favours the faves?)

My additions to SA-NZ. Odds of SA win is small, no use to bet. :) As I'm writing this, SA scored, 1:0. The chart is quite similar to previous CC evening game charts. L1 Saturn is aspected by L10 and L4, OK not partile, but aspected. The ascendant should probably be given to SA, home team, and even the colors are OK. As for L7 Sun... It's interesting that the Sun has quite partile aspects, but do these "count"? Trine Jupiter and Neptune, orb 0?19, square Uranus 0?08. And Part of success is at 25Pi56, conjunct Uranus, so this squares to Sun too. :?:

SA-NZ 2:0. Ascendant is SA, using any method known to me - home team, favorite, color method. So I can answer to my own question. It seems that the partile L7 trine with Jupiter (!) didn't help NZ. As for the Part of success square L7, I see two possible explanations. The first: the Part of success has no role... :oops: The second: as it's a square, a "bad" aspect, actually it worked against the hapless NZ team.

South Africa - New Zealand 2-0!
Now what is the difference here to the game between South Arabia and Iran (WCQ). Both games are played in the Day and Hour of Mercury with a Aquarius Ascendant. The difference is Saturn sextile MC in the SA/Iran game. The aspect is cast through signs of long ascension and converts to a square.

It's a bit confusing but I think that when the Lord of the Day and Hour are one and the chart is radical - this is an argument for the favourite if there isn't anything else getting in the way.

Fair enough - we will have to beware next time and either make sure we get it right or pick an easier game!

Well, my alternative method of allocating the strongest sig to the fave appears to be working ok so far. It does seem a little crazy I know, with SA being home team and fave, but for the sake of consistency in these kinds of tournaments..... 8)

Oh, and for the record

Spain 1 - 0 Iraq :'

Well, my alternative method of allocating the strongest sig to the fave appears to be working ok so far.
When you think about it - it really does make a lot of sense. It's a good move.

Egypt - Italy, 20.30 CST Johannesburg 26S15 28E04
Asc 9AQ25 MC 4SC58 Moon 2TA23 POF 14SG09
Odds: 5,25 3,40 1,70
Day Jupiter, Hour Jupiter - same powers as ascendant
POF is square Saturn. The Moon is not far from her opposition to the MC. Note that the Moon's antiscia is also opposite Jupiter, Lord of Day & Hr. Egypt played well against Brazil. I don't mind giving them a chance this evening. :)

It's over, Egypt-Italy 1:0. :) But the chart was quite similar to the evening matches of the last few days. According to the color method, ascendant team (Saturn) was Italy. Still, Egypt prevailed. Why? :shock: Everything is fine, I haven't bet, but could we analyze this match a bit more? There might be an important significator here which took the game away from the Italians...

Andrew Bevan wrote:Egypt - Italy,
POF is square Saturn. The Moon is not far from her opposition to the MC. Note that the Moon's antiscia is also opposite Jupiter
POF square Saturn: 1?43. (Is it a testimony against Italy?) Part of triumph trine Moon 0?39.

The Moon opposite MC, or conjunct IC - is it a testimony for Egypt? And Moon's antiscia opposite Jupiter - testimony for Egypt too?

(When I ask if something is testimony for a team, I suppose that the Ascendant team is Italy.)

Excellent, Andrew, well done! :'

I've just had a look at the chart and see Saturn (Egypt) partile trine antiscion POF. (I would give the Sun and Desc to Italy as favourites - same reasoning as SA/NZ last night).