Well, I had certainly got my weight on the wrong foot today. It is interesting that Sweden beat Serbia - with Serbia WINNING two red Cards, not that is something they should be proud of. Nybergsund beat Notodden with POF being in an exact opposition to Mercury. It seems that the most accute and accurate aspect always gets the upper hand. So today I only got 1 out of 3 - and that is terrible! :-T
http://www.astronor.com

It's the first time I've seen a favourite win when Pluto's been conjunct POF. Perhaps we can't rely on the usual testimonies working when we have games starting at the same time. It just messes things up. Anyway at least the host nation are still in the tournament which is good. They meet England in the semis which are being played on Friday. Let's hope the two games are at different times!

June 26. Semi-finals:
EnglandU21 - SwedenU21,
18.00 CST Gothenburg
Odds: 2,05 3,30 3,60
Asc 19SC17 MC 15VI44 Moon 28LE55 POF 13CP02
Day Venus, Hour Mercury/Moon - Void
Sweden must be the home team. England are the descendant. Mars, ruling Aries = England, is sitting on the 7th. Saturn, ruling Aquarius = Sweden, is on the MC. England are favourites by odds. I can't work it out. With the Guards being on the shift (the LHr being on the change) and the troops being caught on the middle of the bridge, my guess would be a draw.

Italy U21 - GermanyU21, 20.45 CST Helsingborg
Odds: 2,25 3,20 3,20
Asc 20SG30 MC 1SC06 Moon 0VI35 POF 15AQ47
Day Venus Hour Jupiter - radical
The chart being radical, together with a luminary, the Moon, being sextile the Midheaven - I think the favourite Italy should get it.

England/Sweden
I was looking at this chart before I read your post and was thinking it might be a draw, so it's interesting to see you came to the same conclusion.

I agree Sweden should be Asc as home team and England Desc as faves with Venus as stronger planet. L1 and L7 hugging the Desc, Moon VOC and much fixity in the chart (both sigs, Moon and Asc/Desc) all point to the possibility of a draw and the game going into extra time.

Somebody has to win though. L10 Mercury is opposite antiscion POF. This is a fairly minor testimony and I'm not too sure who it favours. Probably England. Any thoughts?

Italy/Germany
Not much going on in this chart. I'll give Mercury (stronger planet) to Italy as faves. Mercury trine POF - not partile and rather wide at just over 1?. Chart is radical but hour-ruler Jupiter is also L1 which I've given to Germany. Difficult to assess. I'll say Italy will probably edge it, with the outside chance of a draw.

Looking at the chart for the England/Sweden game with the infortunes angular - this is probably what you classically would imagine to be a game decided on penalties. I have no experience of such, so it will be interesting to see.
-------------------------------------
Well, I don't know a penalties. Punishment would be a better word!
The English boys are up 3-0 after 45 minutes. :shock:

Although our predictions included a couple of 'probablys', England to win on penalties is what we said 8)

I did feel sorry for that last Swedish penalty-taker who hit the post though. Horrible way to lose :(

ItalyU121 - GermanyU21 0-1 :(

I thought that the England/Sweden game was going to be the evening's astrological challenge, then along comes this one and upsets our double.

As you said, Ficina, Mercury was trine POF. In hindsight I will note that the trine was cast through signs of short ascension and below the horizon, converting to a square. I also note that the Moon, who was aspecting the Midheaven, cast her sextile through signs of long ascension, also converting to a square. But if this is the explanation then the chart is so finely balanced and it is difficult to add up what actually causes the upset. The chart was radical, however, I never tried to decide who was the asc. in this chart. Best put to one side for later comparisons. :???:

Oh dear, up a ladder then down a snake :roll:

My only hindsight comment is that if a chart lacks clarity then it's best left alone, rather than trying to force a prediction out of it. I must try and remember that in future 8)