European Championships U21

Link: http://www.uefa.com/competitions/under2 ... index.html

The tournement is being played in Sweden with the finals being played on June 29. One of the challenges is deciding who is the asc. and who is the des. My option is to try and decide the games in terms of favourite and underdog with particular reference to the Part of Fortune:

Todays games:
Sweden - Belarus, 18.15 CST Malm? 55N36 13E00
Odds: 1,70 3,50 5,00
Asc 17SC36 MC 10VI18 Moon 4AR28 POF 26LE26
Day Mars, Hour Venus - shares powers with the sign on the asc., radical.
POF is immediately opposite Neptune. How confusing!! There is the sextile with POF's dispositor the Sun, but then more accurately the opposition to the fortune Jupiter. I want to see whether POF's aspect to a fortune advances the favourite. Sweden?

Italy - Serbia, 20.45 CST Helsingborg 56N03 12E42
Odds: 2,15 3,25 3,30
Asc 12SG55 MC 20LI41 Moon 5AR48 POF 22VI59
Day Mars, Hour Moon - not radical
This is a tough one. Moon casts her antiscia to 24VI12 - just off POF. Too close to call. I am not willing to back it. A draw would be acceptable.
http://www.astronor.com

One of the challenges is deciding who is the asc. and who is the des.
Suggestion: give the most essentially dignified planet to the favourite. At the moment this is clear cut with Venus and Mercury being in their own signs. Thus in games where Venus/Mars are L1/L7 (or vice versa), the faves are Venus. In Mercury/Jupiter games, the faves are Mercury. I remember trying this in the past and it wasn't terribly successful but it might be worth giving it another go.

Sweden/Belarus
Using the method I've suggested, Sweden would be Venus which is partile trine MC.

I noted in last season's Prem games that when the hour ruler and Asc ruler were in the same sign (as in this chart) it was a fairly reliable indicator that the faves would win.

Italy/Serbia
This is one of those 'nothingy' charts - no clues at all.

Nicely done, guys, to say the least! :) Personally I'm baffled a little bit, because the color method (which I like to calculate with) seemingly not applies to this Sweden match, because the away team wore white - so practically they were even "lighter" than the yellow home team. :shock: But that's my problem. :) What I would like to add, probably irrelevant. From the Arabic parts, I used to examine not only POF, but the so called Part of success. In most cases, this point wasn't aspected, but in case of this Sweden-Belarus match, POS was "sitting on the descendant": Desc 17Tau36 / POS 18Tau11. In the 7th house, close to the cusp. In other words, in opposition with the ascendant.

Thank you for adding all your comments, Taurean, both regarding your thoughts Colours and on the Arabian Parts. It is a maze and we just have to plod our way through the confusion. Please do keep monitoring this stuff. I do not have the capacity. Presently I am finding a lot of use of POF and we seem to be getting the knack of how to put it to good meaning. POF is a great Part, because it picks up the swift movement of both the Moon and Ascendant.

June 18:
GermanyU21 - FinlandU21, 18.15 CST, Halmstad 56N39 12E50
Odds: 1,30 4,75 10,50
Asc 18SC01 MC 12VI14 Moon 1TA05 POF 21VI33
Day Jupiter, Hour Sun - shares powers with Mars, L1.
This would be my best argument for the favourite getting it. Venus, L7, is in a partill trine to the MC. But as Ficina has pointed out; we have not certain idea of who is asc and des here. The dignified fortune aspecting an angle may simply be tha favourite. The chart shows no token of the underdog.

Spain U21 - England U21, 20.45 CST, Gothenburg 57N43 11E58
Odds: 2,45 3,30 2,75
Asc 11SG40 MC 22LI01 Moon 2TA31 POF 16LI33
Day Jupiter, Hour Venus - same powers as L1, radical.
I don't know. Sagittarius on the ascendant agrees with Spain. Jupiter is also Lord of Day. Venus and Jupiter agree by powers. Venus is Lady of the 10th. Venus, LHr, is with Mars L4. Is it the Moon opposing the antiscia of Jupiter, L1, that offers the clue - but does that do anything but emphasis the favourite?

Germany/Finland
Giving Venus and Desc to Germany (as faves), the Venus trine MC testimony favours them.

Spain/England
I'll give Mercury and Desc to Spain. I have Mercury as hour-ruler and it's in the same trip as Asc ruler Jupiter, so possibility of a draw. However, Part of Triumph is partile conjunct IC, favouring Spain.

Note to Taurean - I think the Arabic part you are calling the Part of Success is actually the Part of Triumph (Asc + Jupiter - POF). Part of Success is Asc + Saturn - Sun. According to Al Biruni :)

Ficina wrote:Note to Taurean - I think the Arabic part you are calling the Part of Success is actually the Part of Triumph (Asc + Jupiter - POF). Part of Success is Asc + Saturn - Sun. According to Al Biruni :)
Yes, that's right, Asc + Jupiter - POF! I have read somewhere that this point might be useful too, not only POF. As for the name, I used the online Arabic parts calculator for reference, and there, this point is called (Part of) Success. And Asc + Saturn - Sun is called, on that website, Allegiance. :shock: Maybe they have mixed some points. :)

There's a point named Victory. Maybe that could be useful too. But I don't want to get lost among these points...

The great thing with POF is that it moves so swiftly and according the different rules than the planets or house cusps separately. I do not mind supporting the notion than another part with some of the same attributes as POF would be useful. The swifter it moves the better! Could an equivilent point to POF be cast from either the MC or the cusp of the 5th?

There is nothing wrong in looking around while we are working with all these charts. :'

Well, Solar Fire has Part of Success listed as Part of Fatality!
There's a point named Victory. Maybe that could be useful too. But I don't want to get lost among these points...
I've added several of these Arabic parts (including Victory) to Solar Fire. Most of these are mentioned on this thread http://skyscript.co.uk/forums/viewtopic.php?t=4047 I take note when they are partile conjunct or opposite a significator - which is actually quite rare. Conjunctions to angles haven't proven very reliable in the past but we'll see if it works tonight.

Ficina wrote:I've added several of these Arabic parts (including Victory) to Solar Fire. Most of these are mentioned on this thread http://skyscript.co.uk/forums/viewtopic.php?t=4047 . I take note when they are partile conjunct or opposite a significator - which is actually quite rare.
Thx for the link, Ficina! I read the thread. But, do you only take note when a point is partile conjunct or opposite a significator? What about squares, trines and sextiles? Are these not so important, having smaller impact?

What about squares, trines and sextiles? Are these not so important, having smaller impact?
Funny you should say that. No, I've never bothered to check them but I wish I had before tonight's game. England are beating Spain 2-0 and I now see that Jupiter (England) is partile trine the Part of Conquest! Triumph conj IC was rubbish, but I'm not surprised about that.