John Lennon Appearance a clue or not?

Another chestnut to unravel, or not, is John Lennon's actual TOB. Various times have been mooted over the years.

It occurs to me if some of the old fellows ideas about the ascendent and appearance are on the money then this should provide some firm clues as to which rising sign is the accurate one.

I had a quick scroll back through this board and couldn't find any banter about this geezer here to date.

I'm a bit sceptical about (just) the visuals giving the game away, but the optimal mind to have when exploring the astro logos is an 'open' one.

Maybe easier than Jackson as even though he mucked about with hair styles and facial growth he didn't go overboard. Also a white european and i'm not sure older texts were all that cross-cultural (?).

Any ideas?

Re: John Lennon Appearance a clue or not?

carriere.francois wrote:
trevor wrote:Another chestnut to unravel, or not, is John Lennon's actual TOB. Various times have been mooted over the years [...]
Trevor,

For any doubt on birth data go to Astro.com's Lois Rodden AstroDatabank and read the source:
http://www.astro.com/astro-databank/Main_Page
The point of the post is to discuss whether the appearance suggests a particular time is correct.

For Lennon the 6.30pm time is based on his Aunt's memory and the 7.15am his version. So either Aries or Libra rising.

The point of the post is to discuss whether the appearance suggests a particular time is correct.
So Trevor, why don't you discuss it? You plunked it down and suggested that we have at it. I get the feeling that we are expected to perform like seals at a circus.

Well said Kirk. Since the time of Gadbury and Lilly there are numerous books explaining how to do astrology. Indeed their purpose was to make it possible "for the person of average intelligence" to study the art.

From previous evidence I doubt if Trevor has read any of them.

Matthew

Kirk wrote:
So Trevor, why don't you discuss it? You plunked it down and suggested that we have at it. I get the feeling that we are expected to perform like seals at a circus.
I wouldn't really know where to start with a traditional narrative. I suppose we should start with the Horsocope and the linkage of the ascendent to the body , so the Hellenists perhaps. But are there earlier ideas on physicality?

I did say in my opening post that I have a scepticism towards the 'value' or perhaps gravitas some folks appear to give to this notion.

Although plenty of ''moderns'' say something similar about the ascendent. Sasportas in his Houses tome says:
Aries rising ' a lively energetic face with intense but darting eye contact' and
Libra 'a well proportioned body with a stipulation that there is a tendency to put on weight'.

Lennon was 5 foot 10, seemed to be of an average type build, a bit lanky maybe?, light brown eyes....what else do we need?

matt23z wrote:Well said Kirk. Since the time of Gadbury and Lilly there are numerous books explaining how to do astrology. Indeed their purpose was to make it possible "for the person of average intelligence" to study the art.

From previous evidence I doubt if Trevor has read any of them.

Matthew
'explaining how to ''do'' astrology' ?

You might be referring to a number of ideas and constructs here, which were generated from where ?, we'll find ourselves immersed in the cognitive science of divination again and the psychical mathematical qualities of consciousness.

But you're right anything written, or even spoken about, pre June 15th 2.00pm 2002 I don't bother with much. This may seem arbitrary but if you read between the lines, after the pre-requisite spatial translations, of some ancient texts this is Hermes T's 7 yr rule!! True or false?

re John Lennon

With libra rising, lennon has a late capricorn moon. With aries rising, he has an early aquarius moon I think the moon sign is a little easlier to settle this question. i personally go with the aquarius moon: it is clear that Yoko, with the sun, venus and saturn in aquarius was "the love of his life" in spite of the reports of a rocky relationship. Also, with the aquarius moon, the pluto/moon opposition is much closer. Eric Clapton has a moon pluto square, and let's face it, both of these men were abandoned by their mothers as young boys

Again, Trevor, you either want to discuss the validity of the method, or you want to apply the method to a special case. You can?t do both, and worst, you can?t pretend that you are doing one thing, and try to deceive others to do as you please.

I don?t think that you aware, but it is obvious that members of the forum have noticed that you are trying to "test" them in less than transparent ways. No one likes that, but apparently you rather disregard Deb?s comments.

If you want to discuss the validity of the several methods of identifying appearence, you are more than welcomed, but create a clear thread about it, and be transparent about your objectives.

If you want to apply the several methods, and see if they work or not, please feel free too to post your own evaluations, and see if the rules work, don?t work, work half the time, etc.

But, now if you try to keep this thread in this kind of line, I will simply erase this thread and any one done in similar way. Be transparent or don?t post on the forum.
Meu blog de astrologia (em portugues) http://yuzuru.wordpress.com
My blog of astrology (in english) http://episthemologie.wordpress.com

Lennon?s TOB

In an other thread (MJ:s TOB) I notice that:

I have come to the following TOB for John Lennon: 15.12.20 zone: -1

Especially in his early days Lennon looked very much like Acs in Capricorn, but later on the Moon in Aquarius in the first more and more took over.

Please study this chart with biographical data.
It is a long time since I did this, but I do remeber that the Huber age point was conjunct Pluto in the 7th at his departure.