Hello Andrew,

Re: "It looks as if Mars, Sun and Saturn are involved with the Vertex, which is a point I have no experience of..."

The Vertex (from my experience) is especially involved in Births/Deaths and in circumstances (such as a near-death-experience or seeing a UFO, etc.) where the life literally is very different from that particular point on.

On another thread, there is a discussion of Jean Sibelius' chart. For the 4 events that I highlighted through diurnal Transits, the Vertex lines up significantly in three of the four events.

Death of Father, diurnal Vertex conjunct Saturn.

Marriage, diurnal Vertex conjunct Ascendant.

His own Death, diurnal Vertex conjunct IC.

Yes, I do realize that the diurnal Vertex will conjoin every point in the Horoscope on (basically) a particular date each year. The events are shown in other ways as can be seen in the thread, but the point is that these diurnal Vertex alignments appear to time the event (day-wise).

For a brief article on the Vertex by someone who has studied it extensively (and the first person who put me on the path to using the Vertex), please check out this article (by Alice McDermott on Noel Tyl's website), http://www.noeltyl.com/techniques/050531.html

Take care

James

Hello Andrew,

...or in my own chart at major events:

Death of my Father, (diurnal) Vertex conjunct Moon

Death of my Mother, (diurnal) Vertex semisquare Moon

Birth of Son, (diurnal) Vertex square (5th House) Vertex and exact (to the minute) sesquisquare Ascendant

Birth of Twin (daughters), (diurnal) Vertex inconjunct IC

Birth of Son, (diurnal) Vertex opposite Moon

Birth of Son, (diurnal) Vertex sesquisquare (5th House) Vertex and square Ascendant (see how this is similar to the first "Birth of Son" listing above)

Resign from Postal Service in order to move overseas, (diurnal) Vertex opposite Jupiter

Death of ex-Wife, (diurnal) Vertex conjunct Node

OR from my Wife's chart:

Birth of Sister, (diurnal) Vertex conjunct Sun

Birth of Sister, (diurnal) Vertex conjunct Node

Fall from Horse (broken back), (diurnal) Vertex opposite Saturn

Grandmother dies, (diurnal) Vertex semisquare Moon

Move back home to Germany, (diurnal) Vertex opposite Node

Birth of Daughter, (diurnal) Vertex opposite Venus

Notice that most of these are conjunctions or oppositions...

Have fun!

James