Here's another thought and that's regarding Jupiter being retrograde and moving very slowly since it stationed on 15 June. I've just checked back over all the games we've looked at since that date where Sag has been on the Asc. Not one of the Jupiter teams has managed to win, and that includes several odds-on faves. They've all either drawn or lost.

1) Egypt - USA 0-3: The Moon was in Gemimi. It's almost like an invincible thing when the Moon is in the sign that rules the nation. These things must not be forgotten.

2) Tenerife-Castellon 1-2: Moon is Lady of the Hour and she is in the same sign as Mercury, who is L7. So I guess that wasn't so difficult after all. The Moon, LHr, square Saturn could have spelt the underdog. POF's aspect with the fortune Jupiter, L1, is less fortunate because it was a hard square. Scorpio and Aquarius stuff gets thrown all over the place! :-?
http://www.astronor.com

June 22 - Our friends in Iceland:

Valur - Vestmannaeyar, 20.15 BST Reykjavik
Odds: 1,45 3,85 6,00
Asc 19SC31 MC 27VI49 Moon 1CN18 POF 10SC10
Day Moon, Hour Jupiter - not radical
Spooky chart with the Moon cazimi, and Venus would have been cazimi Mars, too, if only he had a little bit more round the waist. Mars, L1, is exact semi-square Moon, as Venus is exact semi-square the Sun. The Sun and Moon are in the degrees of the Nodes. It's a Drag Party! I don't want to call the Winner in this One! It's a draw!

Brei?ablik - Stjarnan, 21.00 BST Kopavogur
Odds: 2,10 3,25 3,05
Asc 25SC47 MC 10LI07 Moon 1CN46 POF 26SC02
Day Moon, Hour Jupiter - Jupiter square the ascendant
This chart can be granted radicality on the same terms as a rock-festival squares anything that has to do with music. Venus, L10, is conjunct Mars, L1, so I think the home team should catch whatevers going. 3 points to the home team - that's my guess.

Valur/Vestmannaeyar
Some interesting Arabic parts connections here. Jupiter L4 is partile conjunct Victory and Triumph; Mercury L10 is partile trine antiscion POF. Difficult to weigh up. Perhaps a draw is the safest bet.

Breidablik/Stjarnan
Venus being L7 and L10, together with Moon applying opp Pluto, suggests to me that Stjarnan could get at least a draw, if not a win.

The only trouble with the Venus L10 and L7 theory is that in Iceland the time window is over 1hr and 10 minutes long and creates a situation that is typical for the time of day at this time of the year.
together with Moon applying opp Pluto
Yes, there is Pluto. I forgot him. In the Lord of the Rings the dwarfs actually play quite an important part. They do not like to be tossed! 8)

I don't know whether I want to play ball tonight - it is rather an advanced arena.
Last edited by Andrew Bevan on Mon Jun 22, 2009 3:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Andrew Bevan wrote:Yes, there is Pluto. I forgot him.
I'm glad you say that as I wasn't sure you are using this planet (alongside with Uranus and Neptune) for predictions. :oops:
Andrew Bevan wrote:Tenerife-Castellon 1-2: Moon is Lady of the Hour and she is in the same sign as Mercury, who is L7. So I guess that wasn't so difficult after all. The Moon, LHr, square Saturn could have spelt the underdog.
Please tell me, Andrew, which team "is" the Ascendant (Jupiter) in this scenario! I guess it's Tenerife, and you are saying that Mercury (Castellon) is strong and is "helped" by the Moon? (I'm baffled, color method failed me again in a short time. :( )

Andrew wrote:The only trouble with the Venus L10 and L7 theory is that in Iceland the time window is over 1hr and 10 minutes long and creates a situation that is typical for the time of day at this time of the year.
Yes, we discussed this earlier in the thread. The thing is, I don't see anything in this chart for the home team, so I thought it might be worth mentioning and observing. If it doesn't work, I'll disregard it in future 8)
Taurean wrote:I'm baffled, color method failed me again in a short time.
Don't worry, Taurean. None of our methods work 100%. It's something I've come to accept over time. I think it's good that we are using different methods and trying out different techniques. Makes it more interesting. Hang on in there :)

Don't worry, Taurean. None of our methods work 100%. It's something I've come to accept over time. I think it's good that we are using different methods and trying out different techniques. Makes it more interesting. Hang on in there :)
Our techniques are terrific. It's just my understanding of them that is useless... 8)
I would give the home team the asc. as a standard. The favourite gets POF and the 10th. The 10th is the ability to come out on top.

Valur/Vestmannaeyar
Mercury, L10, his antiscia casts a partill trine to the ascendant. This might just do it for Valur all the same, who are in much better shape than Vestmannaeyar.

I'm still interested to see which way the ball bounces with Jupiter, LHr, square the asc in the Breidablik/Stjarnan game. I changed my mind and join Ficina with going for Stjarnan. They are second in the league and have been up against tougher teams than Breidablik. Lord of the hour in a hard square to the ascendant might be a signature of their success.

I reckon we've soon have worked through the book of testimonies. Practice makes perfect. Here is one for this evening:

Norwegian 1. div

Notodden - Nybergsund, 19.35 CST 59N34 9E17
Odds: 2,15 3,50 3,10
Asc 29SC05 MC 5LI30 Moon 15CN23 POF 12SG06
Day Mars, Hour Venus - radical
Venus, LHr, is in the same sign as L1. It should go to the home team favourites. And Nybergsund had such a good start to their season! :shock: The only extra thing to consider is POF in exact opposition to Mercury, but he's a neut' anyhow. The Moon's sextile to Saturn through signs of long Ascension might tend to cool things down and cause a balance.

I reckon we've soon have worked through the book of testimonies. Practice makes perfect.
Hopefully! These games have been very useful for testing out various testimonies. For example, the 'minor' Arabic parts aspects were overruled by the antisicion POF aspect which generally works well especially for favourites. Also, I failed to notice that the Moon/Pluto aspect perfected during the course of the game, so it was interesting that Stjarnan scored first, then Breidablik went on to win. Needless to say, I won't be bothering with Venus L7/L10 any more :wink: