Football predictions June 2009

It's holiday time for many tournements, while the leagues in countries with high latitudes, like the Scandinavian, are just getting into their season. Essentially, it should not be neccesary to know everything about the teams and players to examine the outfall of games from an astrological perspective. Some knowhow is good, but not being too personally involved could actually be useful.

Rather than trying to predict the outfall of every match, there could be some games that are more suitable for astrological scrutiny than others. By selecting from international matches and not only those played in England, it might be possible to pick out those games with the most optimal and convincing astrological testimonies.

There will be blunders and there will be charts and suggestions commited from the point of examining astrological detail. The 'Sports and Speculation' section is the ultimate 12th house when it comes to testing and proving everything you ever knew about astrology. But we have fun and it keeps us on our toes, and hopefully we will be able to keep trot with progress. Good luck! :)
http://www.astronor.com

Two games to start the ball, but I am lacking conviction. Maybe it is the Sun or the fact that it is a Bank holiday. 8)

Finland
Inter Turku ? Honka
, 18.00 CST, 60N27 22E17
Odds: 2,40 3,15 2,95
Asc 8SC17 MC 0VI29 Moon 0LI24 POF 27AQ22
Day Moon, Hr Jupiter ? not radical
Mars, L1, is trine the MC and it would be easily to go for a home win. However, the Moon is inconjunct Mars, might upset the balance and bring in a ?long shot?. Jupiter is conjunct POF, but I notice that POF is more exactly conjunct Chiron. I think this will split the result two ways and end up in no man?s land. In view of the lack of radicality, I go for a draw. To be on the safe side ? go for either a draw or a home win.

Norway
Fredrikstad ? Start
, 16.00 CST, 59N13 10E57
Odds: 2,15 3,35 3,25
Asc 13LI19 MC 19CN32 Moon 29VI17 VOC, POF 2AQ56
Dy Moon, Hour Moon ? Radical by equal powers Venus
The Moon is L10 and Void of Course, POF casts antiscia to 27SC04 and is square the fortune Jupiter, but more accurately Chiron. Venus, L1, is in an angular house and sextile Jupiter. The Sun is trine the ascendant, but I am not sure whether that is enough. Considering L10 is VOC, the draw seems a plausible alternative.

Fredrikstad match

Well, Fredrikstad have won, 1:0. My amateur comments: it's quite interesting, but my software has put the POF to 1AQ24 instead of 2AQ56. In this case the APOF is different, too, and we can't talk about square to Jupiter or Chiron, at least with small orbs. And, as North node is at 1AQ34, it's a very tight conjunction. (Of course, in case of the 2AQ56 POF, there's a conjunction as well, not as tight.) What's your experience with the North node? Does it represent the home team, or favourite team, somehow? If the answer is yes, that tight conjunction with POF could have been a testimony to Fredrikstad victory.

Oh, thank you for your interest Taurean! I didn't think anyone would be bothered with the Norwegain games. I think I will start labeling my football predictions: Low conviction, medium conviction, medium high conviction, high conviction. Some games are simply for observation and gathering information. That is a part of our work. Games with low conviction should not be funded, or probably only in a small way

Norway
Fredrikstad - Start 1-0

Finland
Inter Turku - Hona 2-1

This means I got both my matches wrong today, although there was evidence for a draw or a home win in both. One thing seems evident; Forget Chiron for this kind of work. Actually, our focus should probably be on the traditional planets - unless the outer planets have a recognizable virtue or significance (i.e. underdog...)

The Norwegian game had Moon, L10, VOC. I'm not impressed. However, although Fredrikstad were favourites by odds - this was a case where no. 13/16 in the norwegian elite league beat no. 2/16. So in one way it was an underdog victory.

I am not sure about the POF and the Nodes. Both are dark points. However, when the node is involved - check the statestics and history between the teams. Maybe the one team has a record of victories over the recent years - as if it was fated. :idea:

In the Finnish game, note that Jupiter conj POF paid off for the favourite and showed no indication of its rulership of the 4th house, neither offering a draw nor advantage to the guests.

My focus will be higher for tomorrow. There are two games with more decisive testimonies. I'll get back to these later. :)

Games for June 2
I feel a medium high conviction regarding Tuesday's games. The two matches I have picked collect a total odds of 3,6:1. I note that I am going with the favourites by odds, but the games still have to be played.

Norway, Tippeliga (Elite league)
Str?msgodset ? Brann
, 19.00 CST: 59N44 10E15
Odds: 3,00 3,45 2,25
Asc 11SC14 MC 4VI41 Moon 14LI04 POF 13PI01
Dy Mars, Hour Venus ? radical, same powers as sign on asc.
Venus has greater testimonies on the 7th. POF square Sun through signs of short ascension (and not buried by the Earth) ? favourites should get it.

In Irland ? not individual time
Drogheda ? Cork
, 19.45 BST: 53N43 6W21
Odds: 5,00 3,50 1,60
Asc 21SC58 MC 15VI05 Moon 15LI01 POF 24PI38
Dy Mars, Hour Mercury ? Mercury, L10, angular on 7th
Drogheda were my draw-underdogs in the game with Shamrock on May 30. For this reason I think they loose the benefit in the previous game, but remain underdogs. The problem is that today's game lacks an individual starting time. However, my feeling is that there should be some evidence to spill the beans for Cork. I like the fact that Cork are playing away. The Lord of the Hour on an angle proves radicality. Cork's weakness is that they don't often seem to score more than one goal (In comparison to Liverpool who went absolutely bananas at the end of this years tournement!) Saturn is on the MC. In yesterday's games the Norwegian home team Viking were humiliated by V?lerenga in yesterdays game by 0-3 with Saturn on MC at the time for the game start.

I am going with Cork, unless I should go with omens where the cork broke ended up in my bottle of good stuff earlier this evening... :(

Ideally, in the Norwegian game there could be some further testimony connecting victory to the 7th, but it will most often be sufficient seeing POF indicating the favourites (Sol).
Last edited by Andrew Bevan on Tue Jun 02, 2009 5:22 am, edited 1 time in total.

Hi Andrew,

Re Norwegian game, Str?msgodset doesn't appear in Solar Fire atlas so I had to Google for it and got Drammen - same angles as you've listed so must be ok.

I agree Brann, the faves, should win. As you say, hour ruler is also Desc ruler plus a couple of antiscial testimonies - ant L7 conjunct MC and Moon opposite ant L4. These are very minor but every little helps.

You play with fire my friend! Brann is Norwegian and means 'Fire'.
Make sure you don't get burnt! Don't forget we make mistakes and our understanding is still in the learning. We do get things wrong aswell, you know! :D

Make sure that any bets placed are done in your own wisdom.

And last but not least, don't forget to contribute with something useful to the group! 8)
Last edited by Andrew Bevan on Tue Jun 02, 2009 5:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Stromsgodset - Brann 2 - 1 ! :,

Now we'll all be in trouble! We should have been sending Ficina tips - and now she will be furious. :???:

First, I hope you were joking, Replaycy, about putting all that money on the match. Better to make small placements and build up some experience. Now it feels like a serious flaw, is no fun at all and will take some serious discipline to recover.

There is another match in Norway this evening between Nybergsund and Kongsvinger that started at 19.35 BST. Asc 16SC31 - Venus is Lady of the hour. Same situation - the away team are favourites, yet the home team is 2 goals up. Is there something we have missed? Does the mutual reception between Venus and Mars have any say?

Drogheda are giving Cork a hard time, too. :sg

Everyone should be wearing crash-helmets.

Rather than trying to predict the outfall of every match, there could be some games that are more suitable for astrological scrutiny than others. By selecting from international matches and not only those played in England, it might be possible to pick out those games with the most optimal and convincing astrological testimonies
I agree with you Andrew.
I don?t see any reason why should be a method that could give 100% results.

Besides that, the reason that favorites are favorites is because they will win most of the time!
But the way to cash some money is exactly to find that few occasions were favorites won?t win.
But maybe there is one or two occasions every month were a significator is so afflicted that we can have more trust on a great winning or defeat. Others time we can only have a low level of confidence.
Meu blog de astrologia (em portugues) http://yuzuru.wordpress.com
My blog of astrology (in english) http://episthemologie.wordpress.com

All the Irish games had the same starting time with Saturn on the MC and Mercury opposing the ascendant. All the home wins won, irrellevant of whether they were favourites or not. The Norwegian games were also home victories. :shock:

What happened?

The Irish games started with a Scorpio ascendent, about 22Scorpio, on the Day of Mars and in the hour of Mercury (which isn't even radical). The home teams all won. It has to be recorded for later reference. The same thing occured in Norway on May 24. This was a Sunday, but the games were played in the hour of Venus with Libra rising, which is radical (prior to the hour of Mercury with Scorpio rising). 5 games were played in the elite division and they were all home wins. A 6th game starting 2 hours later was also won by the home team.

On April 19. then 5 out of 6 games in the Norwegian elite division ended a draw. The 6th game was an away victory won by the underdog. These things puzzle me. It is natural to look for some sort of uniform factor. :???: