Jupiter/Neptune

Does anyone fancy discussing the Jupiter/Neptune conjunction? It seems relevant to me that the last Opposing Jupiter/Neptune conjunction ie in Leo saw the founding of the International Astronomical Union in France, 1920. This is the founding body of international cooperation in astronomy and also responsible for naming, classification etc.

This Aquarian conjunction sees a mission by the Shuttle to upgrade the Hubble space telescope's instruments, and carry out repairs . THis is going to hugely boost the capabilities of the space telescope which has already revolutionised our view of the Cosmos, I can hardly wait, here's hoping all goes well!!

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/sci/tech/8038257.stm

mike c

I meant to say 1919 in the last post for both the Leo conjunction and the foundation of the International Astronomical Union. I guess those kinds of errors are my own personal conjunction twixt Mercury and Neptune making its presence felt!
mike c

Jupiter/Neptune

Among the events that took place in the weeks leading up to the Jupiter/Neptune conjunction of 1919 were:

The Treaty of Versailles was signed, ending World War I with Germany.

The German national assembly adopted the Weimar constitution

Austria and the Allies signed the Treaty of Saint-Germain recognizing the independence of Poland, Hungary, Czechoslovakia and Yugoslavia.

Exactly 20 years later, when Jupiter and Neptune passed opposition every one of these things turned out to be ?pipe dreams? of law and morality amongst nations that had actually set the stage for a time of madness.

I think this astrological phenomenon is more of a portent of dreams for an enlightened future being based more in illusion. People with the best 9th house intentions were unlocking the doors to release all the worst of the 12th house type people to take the dreams and turned them into nightmares.

In 1919 the public was more concerned with the flu epidemic and the faltering post war economy and most of these issues weren?t really front and center issues. I hope we are not in the same dream state now that the people were then.

Exactly 20 years later, when Jupiter and Neptune passed opposition
hi there , actually the Jupiter /Neptune conjunction occurs approx every 12-13 years, so the first opposition after 1919 was in the midst of the so called "Roaring Twenties" . I suppose that was a time when celluloid dreams ie Film held grip over people's imaginations.

Actually all those hubristic political schemes you mentioned, at the end of World War One seems very fitting for the Leonine conjunction.

So if that 's the case how does this current Aquarian conjunction differ???

regards mike

Jupiter/Neptune

Let?s look at the Jupiter/Neptune phenomena as not individual events, but links in a chain. (Limited to looking at Germany for brevity)

The Jupiter/Neptune opposition after 1991 was in January 1927 (Aquarius) and in the weeks leading up to it?

The League of Nations admitted Germany.

Part II of Hitler's Mein Kampf was published

The German Marxist government fell.

So the pendulum was starting to swing.

So, looking now at the next conjunction of Jupiter/Neptune in 1932 (Virgo), we see events transpiring in the preceding weeks that start to reflect what was set into motion with the 1919 conjunction.

The Nazis were voted 1/3 of the seats in the German Reichstag

Hitler refused Von Hindenburg's proposal to become his vice-chancellor, wanting to get the power for himself.

Hermann Goering was elected chairman of the Reichstag.

Then the German government fell and the Reichstag was dissolved leaving the door open for Hitler to take over.

Now, perhaps I have got this ?Germany? thing on my brain and I am looking too much at it as regards the ?images?. Maybe, that is part of my looking at it from an American perspective. I don?t know.

I will admit that this has been on my mind since last summer when Obama had his big rally in Germany. I found that very disturbing. It just had too much of a ?Nuremburg Rally? look to it. The again, he played the same theme at the Democratic convention with the stage built to have a resemblance to, what was supposed to be Greco/Roman motif, but was too close to the Nuremburg stadium for me.

I am not saying that Obama is a Nazi or even has the makings of a political demigod. He isn?t that sharp. But he understands the value of image and propaganda.

I am just saying that I was unsettled by how people got so worked up with the same theatrical props that characterized the rise of the Nazis. People can be really taken in by the effective workings of the symbols of propaganda and it concerns me that they might easily be led astray again and I think that Jupiter/Neptune is a combination that reflects peoples desire to be deceived.

Hi John I think, following on from your mail and my reply, that that 1919 conjunction being in Leo was part of what you say about the rise of fascistic politics and Germany etc, but maybe in Aquarius its a different beast??

Neptune's Leo journey involved a prior meeting with Saturn via conjunction , but now its meeting with Saturn has been via the quincunx that ushered in the year , from Virgo. I guess thats a less authoritarian setup, more something of a disappointment with the powers that be perhaps, or lack of belief in authority?? I don't think people are likely to march to anyone's drum anytime soon!

mike c

Jupiter/Neptune

When I think of Leo and the Sun as symbolic of the male domination I think of Germany being ?The Fatherland?. Aquarius, I think most agree, is symbolic of the US.

Another interesting Neptune idea is the use of television and Nazis Germany was the first country to have national television broadcasts. (You had them in the UK at the same time, but regionally.) The Nazis were the first to use television as a means of disseminating propaganda. (Think of the movie ?Contact?)

The US has taken television and propaganda way beyond what the Nazis did. You may see American TV in the UK, but I don?t know if you are see the total bombardment that the US population gets.

Check out this video from ?The Alex Jones Show?.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s26FwCgA42A

You may not be familiar with Alex Jones; however you may be able to hear him in the UK. Americans are not listeners of short wave broadcasting like the rest of the world, but Alex Jones broadcasts extensively on SW and you can get details at

http:www.infowars.com

My point here is that with the Aquarius connection I can see Americans being very likely to fall under the negative Neptune influence of television. Going back to the 2004 presidential campaign I feel there was a definite indication of people being taken in by the Neptunian propaganda imagery.

That has always struck me as funny because I think of US as Virgoes, probably because pilgrims landed in September, and Paris Peace treaty signed in September etc... except when I think of us as Cancers (4th of July)
I tend to think of Germany as Saturn, fatalistic and authoritarian, rather than Sun... But I'm inclined to think differently than others so dont be too shocked by that,
I think of France as the dark side of Venus,
I think of England and Japan as Sun, Scotland as mars, Ireland a lot like Saturn or even Pluto, very fatalistic in my world view.
I think of Canada as the light side of Venus, haven't thought them all through but its interesting to think about... G

Here is a lead:

From 'Encyclopedia of Astrology', Nicholas deVore, pg 80:
A 600 year Naros period is one-sixth of the 3,600-year "Saros" cycle.

The double Saros (7,200yrs) is a compound recurrence cycle of the four innermost planets. If we divide this into 12 subperiods we find a significant cange of aspect pattern every 600 years: Jupiter and Neptune advancing 8, Saturn 5, and Uranus 2 signs - which 600-year period is the equally famous Naros cycle of the Chaldees. In adddtion, the Sun, Moon and Mars recur in the same position at the end of 6 Centuries. Therefore since Jupiter-Neptune remain in the same aspect, both advance 240 degrees in the Naros period, one may consider this a Jupiter-Neptune dominated cycle, that has to do not only with political economy (Saturn-Uranus) but with religion and philosophy.
I recently read an article on the current Sun-spot calm. The Sun is 'sleeping'. I just find myself wondering whether there could be any link to the Jupiter-Neptune configuration.
http://www.astronor.com

one of the things you fail to see is at the same time Hitler was voted into office, Franklin Delano Roosevelt was voted into office, also with one of the most dismal election showings (very low voter turn out)

FDR adn Churchhill were to my mind opposites of Hitler.
But both were charismatic men
so I hope you see why I might think there are two sides to that coin. :)

Granny

I recently read an article on the current Sun-spot calm. The Sun is 'sleeping'. I just find myself wondering whether there could be any link to the Jupiter-Neptune configuration.
In a nice piece of serendipity it happens that the periodicity in the Sunspot cycle was first proposed by Heinrich Swabe, under the last Aquarian, Jupiter/Neptune conjunction in 1843. He thought the sunspot count had an approx 10 year cycle, not too far from our modern understanding (wiki info).
mike c