Last day of the month and I will attempt to achieve something difficult. I do not accept responsibility for the risk than anyone is willing to take by backing this prediction by money. It is simply an exercise in seeing how far it is possible to push this baby by predicting something unlikely.

Spain
Hercules - Celta Vigo
, 12.00 CST Alicante
Odds: 1,55 3,45 6,00
Asc 18LE34 MC 10TA58 Moon 13VI36 POF 22SC04
Day Sun, Hr Saturn ? Not radical.
This is my big outsider. The chart lacking radicality is one indication of the favourite loosing grip of it. The Moon is applying to Saturn, L7. Stationary Mercury opposes POF. I go for the underdog!

Sweden
Orgryte ? Djurgaarden
, 13.00 CST 57N42 12E00
Odds: 2,90 3,35 2,30
Asc 14VI33 MC 7GE51 Moon 14VI10 POF 18SG35
Day Sun, Hour Jupiter- Not radical
Orgryte haven't won a game sofar this season. In fact, they have lost 10 out of 11 games. The chart is not radical. With the Moon conjunct Saturn on the Asc. I believe this will be a loosers victory. Points go to the home team but who will get nowhere this year and is a certain candidate for lower divisions.

Portugal Cup
Porto ? Ferreira,
18.00 CST Lisbon
Odds: 1,30 4,50 9,50
Asc 24LI16 MC 28CN01 Moon 17VI00 POF 0AQ56
Day Sun, Hour Venus ? Radical
The game is played on a neutral ground. Venus, who is L1 and Lady of the Hour, is angular and opposes the Ascendant. The favourite gets it and Porto win.

The total odds of these 3 matches in a mulitiple bet adds up to 22,62:1. It is an unlikely event. If astrology does get it right, then the prediction has acheived detecting a co-inherence of events that is considered beyond chance. I quite frankly don't have a clue - I just go with the astrology!

My low-risk suggestion for today is:
Porto - Ferreira 1,3:1
OB Odense - AC Horsens 1,32:1
RoPS - HJK Helsinki 1.52:1
Total odds 2,61:1
http://www.astronor.com

I do declare I won over ?900
Wow, well done! At this rate Unibet will be closing your account :wink:

Hercules - Celta Vigo 2-2
The chart lacking radicality is one indication of the favourite loosing grip of it.
The underdogs didn't quite make it. Celta Vigo had a 1-2 lead before the crunching equalizer. That was close!

Orgryte - Djurgaarden 0-0 :?
Points go to the home team but who will get nowhere this year and is a certain candidate for lower divisions.
No goals in this game. Seeing the Moon with Saturn on the ascendant I had the wisdom of including a home win or draw in a multiple bet that excluded the Hercules - Celta Vigo game that involved the most risk.

I let you know how I got on when the games are over!

Porto - Ferreira 1-0 :'
OB Odense - AC Horsens 2-1 :'
RoPS - HJK Helsinki 1-0 :(

The game in Finland spoilt my day. This was the most disappointing result today, in terms of charts and possibilities. League tops defeated by the bottom. In the chart POF was 7AQ18 casting its antiscia to 22SC42. This was opposite stationary Mercury. The chart was radical and I didn't think this would be enough to upset what looked like a default win.

While I'm not getting everything correct, results do seem to get pushed the right way.
There have also been the some interesting cases of underdogs.

May is through and I can show a profit of ?2600! I do believe that is quite respectable. :lala :'

Better than a kick in the face!

How well, or badly, have you done over the years with astrology, gambling and money making?

Trevor,
Unfortunately, your question cannot be answered with the same number of words. I think the 'sports and speculation' group is both a playground and a learning experience for all of us. I asked Ficina whether it was alright to indicate profits, seeing that these were coming in, and we agreed that this was a good indicator of both the usefulness and progress of the group. Money talks and profits are fun - particularly when they are consistent!

I started practicing astrology full time in 1984 and have a home office. My focus and priorities have shifted over the years. I have had 5 children and we live a successful life according to our priorities, however, sometimes this may be viewed as simple. In the 90's my livelihood was from astrology and also in combination with astrology as a supplement to technical analysis for trading the stockmarket. I know what it is like to make a ?100.000,- winning in one day, but I also know what it is like to hit a black sea and ride it for a year. Not all weeks, months or years are equally opportune.

Since joining the goup, there has been a lot of testing and experimenting. But I have hit the 3rd prize in the lotto, I did cash in on the predicting the winner of the Eurovision Song Contest and I have scooped in on soccer predictions through May. This is my best month on the 'odds' since I joined the group.

Some of my best work within astrology is available on my webiste at http://www.astronor.com/dokumentasjon.htm. You will find different things here, but basically I try to share my experience and attempt to document the usefulness of astrology by getting ahead of events in various fashions. However, I do not publish books and I am not a recognized international speaker. However, there are other projects and involvements that may surface some time in the future.

I hope that gives you my position on this matter. Success is very much a question of dicipline and I very much hope you will join us and participate in the all work! :)

Andrew,

Thanks for the detailed response.

I'm asking a very simple question, over the years using astrology lets say just as regards sports betting how much have you won and how much have you lost.

I'm interested in gambling as my father was a Professional one and later a Bookmaker so you could say he played the odds for a long time. He won more than he lost as you might expect, and fortunately wasn't someone who blew it all away. But this takes quite a bit of skill and experience.

The problem with astrology, as I'm sure you know, is how you separate your knowledge of the odds or expectations of the result from the judgement. This is the same problem for Stock Market astrology, of course all astrologers in this field will say they do well, but how do we know they wouldn?t do just as well not using astrology. I note the debates as to who should be the favourite; well this is going to be influenced by who you want to be.

I might be interested in comparing say 50 football predictions with yours when the premier league starts, mine would be non-astrological, I know something about odds and football, and seeing who does better. If you were to do a lot better than me then I might get more involved. I've absolutely no idea if you would at this point in time but would be a bit surprised if there was much difference. So you could call me a sceptic or a Control Group. Might be interesting for all?

Hi Trevor

This forum isn't a contest showing off who gets best results, nor is a place to prove astrology fares better than pundits or other predictive methods. As I think Andrew said elesewhere, this is an Astrological forum where we discuss charts, explore and test out techniques and talk about what works and what doesn't. Why not join us and give a shot yourself using your astrological knowledge and skill?

Gem wrote:Hi Trevor

This forum isn't a contest showing off who gets best results, nor is a place to prove astrology fares better than pundits or other predictive methods. As I think Andrew said elesewhere, this is an Astrological forum where we discuss charts, explore and test out techniques and talk about what works and what doesn't. Why not join us and give a shot yourself using your astrological knowledge and skill?
One question is why 'assume' astrology can tell us anything about a 'sports result'. Where did the idea it could come from or what's the 'thinking' here?

In any 'event' isn't the idea to see what astrology could provide in this area , wouldn't you like to know more by comparing it to non-astrological techniques.

Any 'technique' can work now and then, but the only worthwhile analysis is to see it's results over a period of time.

Otherwise what's the point?

Hi Trevor,

Gem is absolutely right regarding what this forum is about. If you are interested in making the kind of comparison you suggest, perhaps you might consider making your own astrological predictions and comparing them with the online pundits and tipsters, of which there are many. Alternatively you could make two sets of predictions yourself: one based on astrology and the other based on odds and football knowledge and see how they compare.
Why not join us and give a shot yourself using your astrological knowledge and skill?
Please do. The more, the merrier :)

Ficina wrote:Hi Trevor,

Gem is absolutely right regarding what this forum is about. If you are interested in making the kind of comparison you suggest, perhaps you might consider making your own astrological predictions and comparing them with the online pundits and tipsters, of which there are many. Alternatively you could make two sets of predictions yourself: one based on astrology and the other based on odds and football knowledge and see how they compare.
Why not join us and give a shot yourself using your astrological knowledge and skill?
Please do. The more, the merrier :)
My astrological 'skills and knowledge' would suggest astrology couldn't predict sports results which is why i'm curious to see if it can.

I wouldn't know where to start in trying to do this myself i'm afraid.

Hi Trevor,
I don't think people want to be put up against a wall for participating under 'Sports and Speculation', because it is truly like balancing along a razor edge that we all are doomed to fall off once in a while. Then, say, Ficinia comes up with an excellent prediction for a home win :wink: and for the sake of the contest everyone else comes running in with different arguments, so at the end of the day we have 3 different opinions.

However, you expertise is highly appreciated. Personally, I do not object to discussing the terms of a challenge of the kind you outline. But we might continue this discussion under a seperate thread. I try to include as many details as possible prior to a match in a systematic manner so that it is possible to view the odds and stakes involved. I think that for astrological prediction of football matches to prove its usefulness, it is important to focus on the away wins, the draws and the underdogs. Favourites winning at home are fun, but then anyone can say 'I expected that!'

Now to design such a test I think it is fair that it is done on the terms of astrology. That means that the astrologer waits for the ultimate chart, just in the same way that the gambler waits (or at least should) for those bets that gain his confidence.

The terms of the 'Sports and Speculation' section is 'Play, Discuss, Share and Learn'. We are all students that love to explore and philosophize upon the boundaries of astrological judgement and astrological precognition.

From the perspective of professional gambling it is only necessary to pick one or two games per week at average (providing you are not making too many mistakes). Some bets are dicey and should only be backed with small stakes. Others have greater apparent certainity and can be funded more heavily. Let's discuss under a seperate thread! :)