The Swine Flu spreads global fear

The Swine Flu spreads global fear

Let's start a study of this global epidemic with a brain storming session. What are we looking for? Is it an effect of the on-going oppositions between Saturn and Uranus, or is it signified by the current solar eclipse of 26 January 2009 in the humane sign, Aquarius? The co-rulers of Aquarius are in conflict with each other. Is there something wrong with Venus retrograde motion and her 2nd station in the 30th degree of Pisces, so close to Scheat, and does this deprive her of her immune system? Then Venus is frustrated by Mars through the entire sign of sign of Aries - does this create some sort of pannic due to something that gets out of hand. Chiron conjunct Neptune - does this make us more vulnerable?
http://www.astronor.com

The worst flu 'pandemic' was in 1918 but it is going to be difficult to seperate the flu from the war.

In March 1918- Pluto was in Cancer at 3 degrees and now it is in Capricorn 3 deg.
I suspect it is Pluto in a Cardinal sign or the cancer - capricorn axis that could be the problem.

The WHO has raised its alert level but has not advised any international travel restrictions.It could still be more 'fear' than actual pandemic.

PD

If you cast the chart for the recent February Lunar Eclipse at Mexico City, indeed you will see the Saturn/Uranus opposition right on the Asc/Desc Axis. As far as I understand, lunar eclipses have to do with the people (Moon) being mislead by the authorities (Sun cover-up), among other things, as it is the Moon which is being obscured from the light.

I suspect the authorities are not revealing the whole truth regarding the origins, extent and severity of that global epidemic.

Another thing to consider is the Jupiter/Neptune/Chiron conjunction at 26+ Aquarius (square Mercury on Algol).

Pankajubey wrote:In March 1918- Pluto was in Cancer at 3 degrees and now it is in Capricorn 3 deg.
I suspect it is Pluto in a Cardinal sign or the cancer - capricorn axis that could be the problem.
That's interesting. Pluto in Capricorn breaking through crusts!
By the way, the Black Plague, according to historians, reached Norway by ship from England in the Summer of 1349. At this time there was a Solar Eclipse at 2CN43.

Is there a concrete date and/or time for the 'beginning' of this Swine Flu?
No, they originally thought the first case was a woman who died on 13th April. But since then they have identified possible cases as early as February ( near an industrial pig farm in one of the states)

As for the astrological signature. I am sure that the Neptune Jupiter Chiron, conjunction with is playing some part. Elsewhere I identified new diseases spreading as a possible manifestation ( have to go to work now will look up what I said exactly later).

However the importance of Pluto at the same degree cannot be ignored. I suppose that is what makes it deadly or not. I will take a look.

Transmission, however, I am betting is being played out by Venus and Mars, so watching them might indicate where we go from here.

I have briefly looked at the Mexico chart ( poor Mexico just got an earthquake for good measure). The 1810 chart does have the Saturn station opposite its Pluto, but it isn't the one I use for economic purposes so I'm not really familiar with it.

Thank you, Amelia. The first dead identified by Swine Flu could be a possible starting date for astrological investigations.

I agree with your proposals and think that all constellations mentioned as yet are to be taken in cnsideration. Surely there are more and all work together. And probably in combination with some reference chart for example lunar or solar eclipses as mentioned already.

What about the Sun's ingress into Aries or else Capricorn?

The WHO has raised its alert level but has not advised any international travel restrictions.It could still be more 'fear' than actual pandemic.
There are what, 5 or 6 billion people on earth? The population of the USA is about 300 million, and to date in the US there are fewer than 100 confirmed cases none of them serious. I believe all the deaths have occurred in Mexico, and the press is calling this a "pandemic?" There are probably more cases of other kinds of flu in the US right now. The deaths in Mexico are fueling the near hysteria in the press. The public seems to be more grown up. At this point I don't think the end is nigh, at least not from this.

Anyway I thought I'd interject a little mundane astrology of Morin. From what I"ve read of Astrologia Gallica, Book 25, Morin is, as usual, a bit off the beaten path. He looks at eclipses as lunations that occur on the ecliptic so they are a little more important than lunations that occur at other times (one exception see below). He views the great conjunctions of Jupiter and Saturn, along with the lesser conjunctions of Mars with both those planets, to be of some import, but not as important as the Arabs claimed they were. In his mind the big one is the annual Aries Ingress. The return of the Sun to the place he believed it was at the beginning of the World is of extreme importance. If a subsequent eclipse occurs near the Aries Ingress, and the chart for the eclipse is similar to the Ingress, then it takes on more importance than usual. These ideas are consistent with his views on solar returns for a nativity.

Casting the Ingress for Mexico City we get 10 Pisces rising and 16 Sagittarius on the MC, Jupiter rules both and is tucked into the 12th in Aquarius with no contact with his dispositor Saturn. The Saturn - Uranus opposition is 6 degrees separated and not all that close to the ASC-DSC axis for my tastes.

What is interesting is the nodal axis falling exactly (0 orb) on the 6th - 12th axis (Placidus - sorry Jean Baptiste). The 6th, of course is the house of illness. Morin would include the 12th as illness, too. He might look at Jupiter as the most important planet in the 12th as it is closest to the cusp of the 12th - obviously he wouldn't have looked at Neptune at all. Jupiter would represent the expansion or spreading of the disease and perhaps Mars in a water sign as the infection itself. If so, Jupiter in a fixed sign indicates the disease will stay pretty much in Mexico, and so far that has been the case. With modern travel it is difficult to completely contain anything in one country.

The previous eclipse chart cast for Mexico city has the same signs on the angles as the Aries Ingress, and the lunar eclipse axis falls in the 6th and 12th houses. The coming total solar eclipse (Morin made a bigger deal of total eclipses than any other kind) has the same angles within a few degrees of exact as the Ingress and that eclipse falls in the 6th house as well. The antiscion of the eclipse falls on the 4th house, end of the matter, so perhaps it will be all over by July - we hope with a minimal amount of suffering. Of course this could mean it will be all over in Mexico, but not other parts of the world. And Mexico is having other serious problems, e.g drug, wars, earthquakes, and government instability. We probably shouldn't limit our thinking to the flu.

Tom

Tom wrote:There are what, 5 or 6 billion people on earth? The population of the USA is about 300 million, and to date in the US there are fewer than 100 confirmed cases none of them serious. I believe all the deaths have occurred in Mexico, and the press is calling this a "pandemic?" There are probably more cases of other kinds of flu in the US right now. The deaths in Mexico are fueling the near hysteria in the press. The public seems to be more grown up. At this point I don't think the end is nigh, at least not from this.
I do agree with your objective view. I hope you are right. We will have to see where it ends. Unfortunately, health authorities do not understand to much about swine flu, yet. How it spreads and why it attacks mainly healthy and young people (in their sexual prime) rather than the old and sick. Do we have any chance of understanding the mechanics of such a virus from an astrological point of view?
Tom wrote:Anyway I thought I'd interject a little mundane astrology of Morin. From what I"ve read of Astrologia Gallica, Book 25, Morin is, as usual, a bit off the beaten path. He looks at eclipses as lunations that occur on the ecliptic so they are a little more important than lunations that occur at other times (one exception see below). He views the great conjunctions of Jupiter and Saturn, along with the lesser conjunctions of Mars with both those planets, to be of some import, but not as important as the Arabs claimed they were.
Thank you for mentioning the great conjunctions.
Here is a table at Richard Nolle's site:
http://www.astropro.com/features/tables ... 000sa.html

The transition trough the triplicity of Earth was broken in 1981 and their occurance does now move though the element of air, which is largely the humane signs. This also occured in the period 1186-1404 were we find the black death together with a period of global heating.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Black_death
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Medieval_Warm_Period

But then I agree with you. Let's get real and keep our feet on the ground. :'

Hi. I'm interested in a bit of "compare and contrast" with the 1917 outbreak, since the 1917-1918 pandemic is always referenced. It inrigues me that the 1917 outbreak had a conjunction of Mars and Pluto, and a Saturn and Neptune conjunction. The Mexico outbreak has a Mars and Pluto square and a Jupiter and Neptune conjunction. Both the 1917 and 2009 conjunctions falling in opposite fixed signs.

Possibly the contrast of Jupiter to Saturn means this outbreak is not as deadly and will fizzle out, having taken its part in the series of global panics that have marked Neptune's journey through Aquarius!

mike c

But then I agree with you. Let's get real and keep our feet on the ground.
As a public service I'm offering some feet on the ground information. The CDC (Center for Disease Control) in the US, back in 2003 issued a report that concluded that 36,000 people in the US die every year from flu and complications from the flu.

http://www.cdc.gov/od/oc/media/pressrel/r030107.htm

We are a long, long way from eclipsing that.

Tom

On the other hand, Tom, health authorities do not understand the Swine flu, it is leathal and hitting the fit and the strong, mostly ages 25-50yrs. Officials fear it might behave like the Spanish flu(1917-1920) that spread around the world before hitting hard into the fall. The Spanish flu infected 2/3 of the world's population and killed 5-10 times more people than the first world war. 2/3 of the casuality caused by this flu occured between October - December 1918.

Is the world past pandemics? I think we should think the current situation through, keep our heads level but thinking caps on. There is always the chance of coming up with a few good ideas.