Manchester United

There was some discussion last year about ManU's foundation date - whether it was 26 or 28 April 1902. http://skyscript.co.uk/forums/viewtopic.php?t=3710

Just to put the cat amongst the pigeons I've found yet another date! I came across a review of a book by Gary James called 'Manchester - A Football History'. It appears to be a very well-researched book (published May 2008) so this new date of 24 April might be worth testing. Here is the relevant extract from the review.

"For all the ink that has been spilled in the name of Manchester United, only now do we learn the definitive - some say fateful - date on which the planet's most famous sporting institution spluttered into life, as Newton Heath FC was consigned to history.

Even Old Trafford's mighty United Opus tells us it was on 26 April 1902 that the struggling former railwaymen's team, facing a winding-up order, was superceded at the New Islington public house in Ancoats by United, in what might today be called a re-branding exercise, and it says everything about his immaculate piece of scholarship that James reveals the club to be two days older than it seems to think it is. The meeting was on the 24th
."

Setting a chart for this date and using a time of 11am gives an Asc of 8?16' Leo. (I usually start with 11am and work from there.) However, on the day that ManU were trounced 4-1 by Liverpool at Old Trafford, the transiting SN was exactly conj this Asc and it was still partile conjunct when they lost 2-0 at Fulham a week later. Yesterday transiting Sun was partile conjunct the MC of this chart, 15?31' Aries, and they beat Villa 3-2 in a brilliant match with a breathtaking finale.

Obviously it's possible to mess around with the Asc and MC degrees for any of these April 1902 dates but I thought it was interesting that these particular degrees came up at exactly 11am on the 24th. I shall continue to keep an eye on it.

Echoing Goca, thanks Ficina :'
Very intriguing about the 11am chart ... definitely to be kept an eye on!

When ManU had freak bad results on 14 + 21 March, Saturn was at 17 Virgo, which left me wondering if Sir Alex's natal Moon is at 17 Gemini. I'm going to rectify his chart when I have time :)

You're welcome, ladies :)

Interesting observation re Fergie's chart, Gem. Also interesting that in 24 April chart, ManU's Venus is at 17 Pisces. Saturn opposing it is not a particularly significant aspect on its own but it certainly wouldn't have helped!

hello
Nice thread having such a wonderful information about Manchester - A Football History', thanks for posting..
My favourite team is also this one Manchester..
Spam link removed by moderator