pankajdubey wrote:Thanks Rob,
The Venus is natally square MC- so the semi-square should come up at around 45. The direction you are suggesting is of conjunction to MC.
PD
Hi,

I am always using zodiacal PDs so I have no idea. Maybe it's a bug. Let's see what other people say about this.

rob

rob wrote:Hi,

Now it is clear. In mundane PDs the aspect belongs to the significator and not the promissor(Venus). It is not calculated.

rob
Can you give me the power to turn the earth whichever way I fancy :???:

PD :)

pankajdubey wrote:I was wondering if 1/3 +1/6 of a Diurnal semi-arc be used to work out a semi-quadrate mundate aspect.
I'd say a quadrate mundane aspect: 1/3 + 1/6 = 2/6 + 1/6 = 3/6 = 1/2 thus half of a semi-arc, and the mundane semi-arc is always fixed as mundane 180 'degrees'.

Eddy wrote:
pankajdubey wrote:I was wondering if 1/3 +1/6 of a Diurnal semi-arc be used to work out a semi-quadrate mundate aspect.
I'd say a quadrate mundane aspect: 1/3 + 1/6 = 2/6 + 1/6 = 3/6 = 1/2 thus half of a semi-arc, and the mundane semi-arc is always fixed as mundane 180 'degrees'.
I am not sure where my maths went wrong but I mentioned Diurnal semi-arc which is close to 90 degrees being 1/2 of the semi-arc, which is 180 degrees.
So, 1/3 +1/6 of this Diurnal semi-arc should be a semi-quadrate or 45 degrees.

PD

pankajdubey wrote:
I was wondering if 1/3 +1/6 of a Diurnal semi-arc be used to work out a semi-quadrate mundate aspect.
PD
This is my calculation:
Venus ---> Asc= 6.83611

(Venus is at 0.4390 from ASC in the chart).

Then I should arrive from the Asc. to semisquare of MC.
The square are 6 hours, so the semiquare should be 3.

Now I multiply 3 x daily temporal hours (now we are above the horizon) = 43.2886

So the arc of direction is 43.2886+6.83611=50.1247

Now you can convert as you want.

margherita
Traditional astrology at
http://heavenastrolabe.wordpress.com

pankajdubey wrote:
Eddy wrote:
I am not sure where my maths went wrong but I mentioned Diurnal semi-arc which is close to 90 degrees being 1/2 of the semi-arc, which is 180 degrees.
So, 1/3 +1/6 of this Diurnal semi-arc should be a semi-quadrate or 45 degrees.

PD
Sorry if I might have caused some confusion PD, at the moment I didn't realize that you specifically referred to Clinton's chart.

Gjiada wrote:
pankajdubey wrote:
I was wondering if 1/3 +1/6 of a Diurnal semi-arc be used to work out a semi-quadrate mundate aspect.
PD
This is my calculation:
Venus ---> Asc= 6.83611

(Venus is at 0.4390 from ASC in the chart).

Then I should arrive from the Asc. to semisquare of MC.
The square are 6 hours, so the semiquare should be 3.

Now I multiply 3 x daily temporal hours (now we are above the horizon) = 43.2886

So the arc of direction is 43.2886+6.83611=50.1247

Now you can convert as you want.

margherita
Thanks Margherita,

Sounds much simpler.
I couldn't find the semi-arcs mentioned in the speculum in Morinus.

----------
Edit:

I did- it is in Options ->Appearance II

Thanks

Pankaj

rob wrote:
sasha_i wrote:It appears that it's not working
I have just tried it and it worked.
the file need to be name Morinus.jpg, and it has to be a reel jpg.
If you just rename a xxx.gif to Morinus.jpg it won't work.
You have to convert the gif to jpg with a program.
I suggest using first a jpg (that is not too big).

rob
The link is in Hungarian
Van Dam calculates the primaries as they are explained by Ptolemy (in his Tetrabiblos, book III, first century AD) and Placidus himself (17th century).

It all depends on the true motion of the heavenly bodies through the sky. Each planet following its own Placidean arc. In effect, these arcs are computed in the same way as Placidean cusps are calculated.

Which is why you cannot and may not simply add a number of degrees to a certain position.