morinus

Mithra6

I think I have made it!!! :'

It does look fine. Only thing, I have to get used to reading primary directions and to get the right legenda for them :-?

In case you would be willing to explain it to me, I'd be most thankful :lala

violaciaomorinusgreat
ciaodalauraviola

Re: morinus

viola magmar wrote:I think I have made it!!! :'
That gives hope to those who may have been struggling. :)
It does look fine. Only thing, I have to get used to reading primary directions and to get the right legenda for them :-?
Perhaps I can help you there. Morinus uses a notation similar to that employed by Rumen Kolev. A list of directions has the following columns:

M/Z: This tells you whether the directed aspect is calculated in the zodiac (Z), that is, in the normal astrological way, or in mundo (M), that is, by proportions of semi-arcs as invented by Placidus in the 17th century.

Prom: This shows the planet or point that is moved with the primary motion. 'Prom' stands for promissor (or promittor), although strictly speaking this is not the traditional definition of a promissor.

D/C: This tells you whether the direction is made with the natural primary motion (D) or against it (C). D stands for direct, C for converse, although, again, these are not the traditional (pre-20th century) meanings of those terms.

Sig: This shows the planet or point that is considered fixed or stationary in the sky. 'Sig' stands for significator, although strictly speaking this is not the traditional definition of a significator.

Arc: This is the arc of direction as measured in degrees of right ascension, each degree corresponding to just under 4 minutes of clock time.

Date: This shows the date at which the direction should perfect, which depends on which 'key' or formula for the equation of time you have chosen. Whichever key you do choose, don't bother too much about the exact date. Primary directions were designed for year-to-year predictions, not day-to-day.

morinus

Wow, yes, the trick was, as suggested, to click on the morinus.exe file which I simply could not "see, as clear as it stood there! and the SWEP folder. I had kept extracting the morinusWinEng file. I guess that was it.

Anyhow, your detailed explanation is perfectly clear. Oh, thanks. I'll go on then... asking :lala , since I have worked all night on some charts.

1. I could save charts on a folder in desktop
2. I was unable to save them on the Morinus programme; although I
clicked on the Save button, they were not kept on any archive
3. I see that Primary Directions being calculated for a one-year lapse of
time, I could not check them on a daily basis
4. Is there a way to check Progressions on a yearly basis - I don't think
so
5. Is there a way to cast a double-wheel chart with Natal and Progressed/
daily transits in order to be able to check aspects against the Natal
itself?
6. I have not checked Horary section, yet. Is there a Mutual Reception function for charts other than horary ones?

I mean, there is a lot of opening/closing to do and little interchange, unless it is me - probably who is not finding the way...

I am trying to find out the most positive time/day in specific spans of time, for one of my daughters to conceive. She is going for a FIVET and that is due in March 2012.

I have made several attempts with electional charts and have possibly sorted out a date, casting it for a certain hour in the specific location.

All objects would seem nicely set in place, but since the blu colors indicate peregrine planets, should I take it that if I find blu-colored significators I should make different attempts?

This would bring me to a non-ending process :-cry

I shall open here my own specific thread on prediction of pregnancy - I have been actively participating on the subject matter, in another forum.

:brows

Meanwhile, chapeau and know that I am... pending from your lips 8)
ciaodalauraviola

I too have Windows XP - running in a virtual machine (VMWare Fusion) on a iMac, and yesterday after reading the latest posts, I thought what the heck, I give up on running it natively on the mac, I downloaded and unzipped in Windows and lo and behold: it works immediately, without extra installing...
Nice nice nice work!
Many thanks to you, Rob!
Herman

http://www.hervaro.be

i just got this program morinus running on ubuntu.. woowho! looks nice and it even has midpoints and various different options.. thanks so much for sharing this link as it is fun to try different astro software progs..

Morinus on Mac

Dear MacOS users,

Thanks to Vaclav, Morinus(dmg) is available for Mac:
http://code.google.com/p/morinus-astro/
blog:
http://astro-morinus.blogspot.com/

Only Charts/Mundane, Options/AppearanceI/Theme2 and PDs-in-Charts don't work. It seems that currently the place-database is read-only.

According to Vaclav: "Dmg is comparable with Windows binary, e.g. Zip archive without package installer."

Regards,
Rob
Last edited by rob on Sat Aug 25, 2012 6:46 am, edited 2 times in total.

For some reason I can't change the year for new charts. I can change every other field but that one. It stays at 1950. The .00 version of Morinus for Mac when this was announced a while back did the same thing.

Is this me?