The best you can get. Thank you so much for making it available for free :'

There's only one thing driving me crazy - is anyone else having shortcut problems? Every 3 weeks(roughly) it's been crashing, bringing it to the 5th time in a row this evening and I loose all the data/settings and have to start all over again...could it just be that my computer went totally berserk or what :-cry

Well, I think it is a problem with your pc Goran...

Mine has a problem when I select fixed stars for primary directions, the program keeps loading indefinitly the pds, and it happened somewhere along my configurations of which fixed stars to use. I do not know if this is a bug on the program or something that corrupted in my pc specifically, but I would have to go over configs again, so I'm not really that driven right now.

Anyway, good luck!
Paulo Felipe Noronha

Yes, it's probably my PC creating problems...
As far as the fixed stars are concerned, I don't use the option provided in primary directions because the positions are set for 1950. and they're all currently almost one degree further in longitude than that.

Regards,
Goran

Let me know if you succeed (and how!).

I have tried downloading it 3 times without any joy. :( Odd as I have downloaded other software without any problems. There is nothing wrong with my PC as far as I know.

Mark
As thou conversest with the heavens, so instruct and inform thy minde according to the image of Divinity William Lilly

downloaded morinus

dear Mark,

I have been downloading for agesssss and this is the first time I meet with such a problem. Actually, if you go on morinus website, altough you get there with a free downloading option, you have to place an order and pay for it so, maybe as a newest version has been put on the market, not even the oldest one is available for free and one has to buy it. Sure, fair enough but then, take off all alluring web ads!!!
ciaodalauraviola

Re: downloaded morinus

viola magmar wrote:I have been downloading for agesssss and this is the first time I meet with such a problem. Actually, if you go on morinus website, altough you get there with a free downloading option, you have to place an order and pay for it so, maybe as a newest version has been put on the market, not even the oldest one is available for free and one has to buy it. Sure, fair enough but then, take off all alluring web ads!!!
I think there must be a mistake here. This thread is about the freeware Morinus, available here:
http://sites.google.com/site/pymorinus/
There is also another, commercial software called Morinus 2000, developed by Dutch astrologer Wim van Dam:
http://www.astrosoftware.com/WimVanDamProducts.htm
The two are very different, despite the unfortunate similarity of names. Have you perhaps got them mixed up?

As it happens, I downloaded the latest version of the freeware Morinus only today, with no problem whatsoever. Works like a charm.

As it happens, I downloaded the latest version of the freeware Morinus only today, with no problem whatsoever. Works like a charm.
Its seems you are Margherita enjoy a charmed life with Morinus. :D

I maybe should have opened a new thread for myself entitled 'Morinus for Dummies'

Mark
As thou conversest with the heavens, so instruct and inform thy minde according to the image of Divinity William Lilly

Mark wrote:Its seems you are Margherita enjoy a charmed life with Morinus. :D
I think we do, rather. :) But so should others, if they want to.
I maybe should have opened a new thread for myself entitled 'Morinus for Dummies'
In all seriousness, please feel free to let me know (here, in a new thread, or by PM) exactly what goes wrong when you try to set Morinus up, and I'll do my best to help, though the gods know I'm no computer wizard.

On a slightly less serious note, I'm reminded of this classic from some 20 years ago:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sDSeyH4SDlM

morinus

BTW, which version would you suggest I download? Do I have to download ephemeris, too? All of them?

I had already downloaded from this site. Now, when I did it and tried to unzip, it extracted the files but.... nothing? Did I do anything wrong?

thank you very much, violalaura
ciaodalauraviola