Where is my booklet?

Hello all! anyone care to shed some light on this horary?
3rd May 2004, 2:46pm, Sheffield UK, 14 Virgo rising. Me signified by Mercury, booklet by Lord 2, Venus. Venus angular, so according to Lilly, booklet still somewhere at home. Venus in Gemini, air sign, so in the upper parts of my home...also Venus on the top of the chart, further emphasising upper levels of house...However, Venus afflicted by antiscion of Saturn, a separating aspect from Mercury, and no applying aspect between Venus and the Moon. Moon also in the Via Combusta, not looking good! Compounded by Venus in Detriment of Mercury. Seems that although the booklet is still somewhere here at home, I wont get it back! I've looked high (mainly high!! :lol: ) and low, without succes. Any thoughts...? :?

Re: Where is my booklet?

Hi Harlequin :)
Venus angular, so according to Lilly, booklet still somewhere at home. Venus in Gemini, air sign, so in the upper parts of my home...also Venus on the top of the chart, further emphasising upper levels of house...
I agree that Air emphasis indicates somewhere high up. 10th house - is there a room that you use as an office or work place of some kind? On a top shelf or on top of a high cupboard? Using Lilly's scoring system for direction (CA, p204), it comes out as slightly West of South-West - if that's any help.
a separating aspect from Mercury
Mercury is actually applying to a sextile of Venus, so that sounds good to me, even though it is slow, having recently turned direct.
Compounded by Venus in Detriment of Mercury
??
Venus in Gemini dignifies Mercury. Not sure what that means though. The booklet likes you? It can see you, but you can't see it? 8) Alternatively, since it's a booklet and therefore presumably small, it's slipped inside another book?

Not sure if any of this will help, but good luck and I hope you find it!

Can you make sense of the Moon in the second house in Libra? The Moon is often an important clue in lost property charts and here it is separating from your significator and the ruler of the 2nd (suggesting the separation between you and your booklet) and then applying to the trine of Mars in the 10th (suggesting that the symbolism of Mars may be involved in the location where you?ll find it again). With Mercury applying to the sextile of Venus, the indications do seem to be that you will get the booklet back soon. Venus and Mars are in Gemini so I?d agree with the suggestion to look inside other books or places near books, ie bookshelves. But I?m wondering about the Moon in Libra - places near windows or off the floor towards the ceiling, ventilation ducts, upstairs rooms, bedrooms, wardrobes and places where Venus-type objects predominate. The try and bring Mars into it to narrow down the search ? concentrate on places near radiators, chimney breasts , places that are hot, places that are red or where there might be something in your home that demonstrates Martian symbolism.

Good luck.

Thanks Ficina and Deb for your replies :D

I should have realised that Mercury had just stationed Direct and so was about to apply by sextile to Venus... an important object lesson here - don't just rely on your software, always check the ephemeris! :oops:
A friend over 140 miles away emailed to say they'd found my booklet... I'd left it there last time I visited, a couple of months ago. It will be interesting to ask them where they found it with respect to location according to sign. The Mars link is interesting, the friend is an Aries!
One thing still puzzles me though; the significator of the booklet was in an angular house, suggesting it was still at my home, clearly not the case! Any thoughts on this? :?

One thing still puzzles me though; the significator of the booklet was in an angular house, suggesting it was still at my home, clearly not the case! Any thoughts on this?
The traditional rule is that an angular significator shows a good prospect for recovery and the recovery will happen soon without too much trouble whereas a cadent significator shows a poor prospect for recovery or that it will happen after a long time with a lot of trouble. This sort of situation couldn?t happen in the past, a missing object had to be in close proximity for it to be found quickly. Think of angularity as showing a strong force that is active and attracting recognition.

It would be interesting to know where it was found. Perhaps the Moon-Mars link is the recovery shown by the telephone call (Mars rules 3rd) with the friend (Moon rules 11th).

Ficina,
You're not put off at all by the fact that the Moon is in the Via Combusta then?
There is a thread titled "Ascendant in via Combusta" on page 2 or 3 of this forum which goes into some detail about this.

Harlequin,
The traditional rule is that an angular significator shows a good prospect for recovery and the recovery will happen soon without too much trouble whereas a cadent significator shows a poor prospect for recovery or that it will happen after a long time with a lot of trouble.
Just FYI...I lost a precious earring and it's significator was in the 7th, angular. The ring was recovered not in my house but a restaurant not far from home, and the very next day. It was very unusual that it was not stolen because it was a nice gold one.

There is a thread titled "Ascendant in via Combusta" on page 2 or 3 of this forum which goes into some detail about this.
Thanks, Taurus7. Some interesting stuff there :)

Thanks Deb, Ficina, Taurus for those posts! :D

I didn't realise that angular signified good prospect for recovery, my understanding was that angular meant still at home, or near where it ought to be.
My friend found the booklet in an upstairs bedroom, near a radiator, by some books. :)

Hi Harlequin....I noticed that the declination of Venus was 27 degrees 48', thereby showing it to be out of bounds.
This would apply then, as your booklet is way 'out of bounds' to you, way out of reach....at least for the time being.
Not sure if OOB planets are normally used in Horary...maybe Deb could answer this.
Gina.

?Out of Bounds? is a modern term (I believe) applied to planets whose declination exceeds that of the Sun. It?s interesting how you?ve used it here but I?ve never seen the consideration applied in horary judgement before.

It's an interesting phenomenon and may indeed bear watching in horaries. According to Leigh Westin, who authored the book "Beyond The Solstice By Declination". the Moon, Mercury, Venus, Mars and Jupiter can all be OOB. Saturn hasn't been OOB since 1600 AD.
Nice to see you back, Deb! :-)

Cheers...