Eurovision Song Contest 2009

Upon the appearance of Comet Lulin I would like to predict that Norway wins this years Eurovision Song Contest with the entry ' Fairytail'. If anyone else wants to take me up on that and can predict which nation will win and offer a good astrological explaination, I will buy a bottle of wine to the winner. 8)

In 1985 Norway won it's first Eurovision Son Contest ever (and broke a terrible record with zero points twice!) with the song 'Let it Swing'. This was the same year as Halley's Comet last swung in and paid us a visit (perihelion on Feb.9 1986) and the comet was conjunct the MC of the national chart of Norway on the day of the final, May 4. 1985. This years entrant, Alexander Rybak, has his natal Sun on the MC of the national chart of Norway.

As a part of my astrological practice I also take particular notice of the 15 year cycle. This comes close to, and other astrologers have mistaken me for making practical application of the Saturn cycle (15+15yrs), but I am actually applying an Age Point direction were events or topics are repeated according to 15 year patterns. In 1994 Norway arranged the Winter Olympics in Lillehammer where a Norwegian band 'DiDerre' had a great hit with a song called 'Jenter' or in English, 'Girls'. The song was about girls that come and go... just like comets.

This years Nowegian entry is called 'Fairytale', which also is about a girl and previous sweetheart that came and left. The Norwegian entry was elected by Norwegian television viewers during the Norwegian national final held on February 21. 2009. The winner was announced at time 22.13 CET. A comet leaves a 'Fairy tail?' in its trail?

Does anyone want to have some fun and take me up on this one? Get me wrong and come up with the winner and an explaination, the bottle is yours! :) :'
Last edited by Andrew Bevan on Mon May 18, 2009 5:44 pm, edited 3 times in total.
http://www.astronor.com

I have looked at some national charts but I cant find Belgium Cyprus Georgia Malta nor Portugal. As it is for fun can I use the sun sign as criterion for judgement? At the time of the final Moon applies to Jupiter in Aquarius, the tenth house of Taurus so I am going for a Taurean sun country. The fifth from Taurus is Virgo and its ruler is in Taurus as well (using whole-sign houses) So fame in the world(10th) and entertainment(5th) both point to Taurus. Israel and Ireland are both Sun Taurus.

My pick is Ireland.

This means that Sun in Gemini Norway's ruler is in your twelfth so "Nil point" for your lot again!!! :(

Matt

I cast the chart for question "who will win this year Eurosong?" on 11.march 2009. 11:01 am gmt+1. The first aspect that MC ruler receive is from Moon in Sco.We know that Norway is under this sign, so indeed Norway has great chance, by Chinese astrology too (cicle of 12 years).
But what confused me is that before Moon aspect Ju, ruler of MC, Moon first trine Me in Pi very close to MC. Me is also ruler of 4 house, end of matter, so I will keep one eye on some country which is under Pi sign, as Portugal for example.
Greetings,
Goca
http://www.astrosport07.webs.com
http://fensi88.livejournal.com/

Matt23z wrote:This means that Sun in Gemini Norway's ruler is in your twelfth so "Nil point" for your lot again!!!
If Norway do not win, I send you a bottle of wine. If Norway do not get zero points, you send me a bottle of wine? Are you sure you want to make a bet on this presumption? :wink:

If Ireland wins, the wine is yours! :D

Hi! Quote from my prediction for 2009:
The line of Venus (16-18? E) will please the inhabitants of Sweden , Norway , the central part of Poland and the Czech Republic , western Hungary , Bosnia and Herzegovina , and southern Italy . This line is related to art, success in economics, peace and creation of new unions, organizing different cultural events like beauty or song contests.
I watched video of all countries under the line of Venus.
I think that Norway is better 8)

11-12 points from Scandinavia and from countries of the former Soviet Union. 8-10 points from other :???:

Hi Emeljan,
I loved your Astro*Cartography Chart!

Here is the chart for when the Eurovision Song Contest Final starts in Moscow.
I used 21.00 CST, which is the time the show starts on TV:
Mars is prominent in this chart, angular and in the exaltation degree of the Sun. There are many nations ruled by Mars, but Norway is one of them. The Moon applies to Jupiter and Neptune, square the Sun.

The Sun is conjunct Algol. From the lyrics of 'Fairytale':
"I don't care if I loose my mind, I am already cursed!" :lala

Gosh, I might actually have to watch the contest.
This is fascinating : ) Love that Algol connection.

Saturn in closest to the MC, so which countries are Saturn ruled?
Has anyone checked chart/results for previous years?

If I'm not mistaken, according to J. Frawly, the first planet in the event chart for the beginning of the finals, that the Mc will perfect an aspect with, is a description of the song and singers that win the contest. Since in this chart Mars is cnj the Ic, and past an aspect, the next planet that the Mc perfects an aspet with is Moon in Aquarius in the 2nd.

I recall a few years ago, when the event chart's Mc was applying to Jupiter in Scorpio , the song which won the contest was sang by a group of big men dressed like scary monsters surrounded by fire.

I haven't heard or watched any of this year's songs, so I cannot tell which one of them is best signified by Moon in Aquarius (approaching Jupiter&Neptune). Is there a song about cool heads flying into outer space?
:lala