LeoRising

Thank you for the chart details.

Kirk has put his finger accurately on the most obviously noticeable effects on your personality of the Mercury/Mars conjunction when he speaks so eloquently of your impatience. My own phrase for this configuration is ?no sooner the word than the deed?!

My first thought on seeing the chart, however, was that the depression/melancholia from which you suffer is most probably aligned with your Moon/Saturn conjunction. One writer has opined:

?The Moon-Saturn conjunction denotes [a] lot of mental conflict and agitation . . .? But on the plus side adds ?this combination, occurring in a sensitive sign like Virgo [can increase] the capacity to realise the relativity of virtue and [broaden ones] moral conceptions.?

Another author tells us: ?Astrologically, the Moon strengthens any planets associated with her except Saturn, which stifles the blossoming life-energy [relayed to Earth from the Sun by the Moon] at every level.?

If the Moon/Saturn conjunction does indicate your problem, one then has to decide how one would relieve the condition ? taking into account, as previous people posting to this topic have astutely remarked, the degree to which the condition can be relieved.

As one who suffers under this aspect themselves, I?m certain the condition cannot be obliterated; it is too much part of who are in this incarnation. For some people, it may be possible to alleviate the condition.

That said, you chart poses several problems in this regard. It wouldn?t be wise to increase the strength of Saturn, or of the Moon, for by doing so one might inadvertently increase the force behind the melancholia. A strengthened Jupiter might make you more jovial, but he is Fallen and retrograde, and his energies must therefore be handled with care.

To increase the power of Mars would not be advisable. Generally speaking, one does not work through the energies of Mars or Saturn unless these planets are very well disposed in the horoscope: in their own or exaltation signs, while also being in favorable houses, for instance.

Venus is a possibility, but she is applying to an opposition (it seems almost partile) of Jupiter who, as already mentioned, is Fallen and retrograde. In any case, Venus is not quite the appropriate planetary force on which to rely in this situation.

The best choice, therefore, is the Sun. Though weak, in the ways your astrologer/magician has described to you, on the other hand he is unafflicted by Squares or Oppositions or negative Conjunctions. It seems likely your astrologer has provided you with a highly charged Sun talisman in the hope that, over time, the energies infused into it will seep into your aura (or into your Sun chakra) . . . but, if so, the key words would be ?over time.?

That is my opinion, but I am more than willing to be corrected by those who know more about this subject than I do.

Delaforge

Delaforge

I sincerely appreciate your thoughtful analysis. I've gone thru my chart, planet by planet in a manner similar to the way you did, and I've drawn similar conclusions. It all makes sense to me. I also believe that you are right on the money in regard to my astrologer in his wisdom, suggesting a SUN talisman to deal with the melancholoy/depression issue...over time.

At the time, we discussed the possibility of a MERCURY talisman, it being both the final dispositor of my chart AND the most dignified planet in my chart. Even so, we both felt that MERCURY was not the best planet to deal with the melancholy/depression issue. I am beginning to think, that perhaps, wearing a MERCURY talisman in addition to the SUN talisman would be a beneficial combination. I am considering this possibility. What do you think about that?

many blessings.....Franco
healing intentions from LeoRising

LeoRising

As you note, certainly Mercury is not the best planet to deal with the melancholy/depression issue.

"I am beginning to think, that perhaps, wearing a MERCURY talisman in addition to the SUN talisman would be a beneficial combination. I am considering this possibility."

I assume you want to employ the Mercury talisman for aid with mercurial pursuits/issues, not as a means of alleviating your melancholia. If that's so, a Mercury talisman could be beneficial to you. Like you say, it's one of the strongest planets in the chart. (Maybe it's the strongest - I haven't had time to study all planets in that kind of detail.)

I don't have experience of wearing two planetary talismans at the same time to draw on, so can't say whether this would work out well or not.

Perhaps this an occasion where one might take a leaf out of BiBi_Anderson's book and ask a horary question along the lines of: Will these two talismans function well together without the energies of one interfering with the energies of the other?

Delaforge