Saros 11N

January 26th (Happy chinese New year to those who celebrate it)

Actually at Just about Midnight on the 25th here on the pacific Coast

the Indian Ocean will get to Experience a Full Eclipse where the Sun appears as a Ring of fire,

6 Aqu 30 both sun and Moon
24 Cap 15 Rx Merc with 5 days till he stops and turns around at
21 Cap 51 oddly enough not quite perfecting that Trine with Saturn as he has Retrograded to 20 VIr 57 by then I wonder what that missed Trine represents?

In any case I wonder if the Indian Ocean geetting the Eclipse has to do with Piracy or some other issue of the region.

Brady says the Saros 11N series is gentle, affects how people deal with groups... US policy change in foreign relations? possibly?

20th century series included 1900, 1918, 1936, 1954,1973,1991, then 2009 next will be 2045

some things that occured those years ...
1918 - (Nov 22) end of WWI, A bunch of Eurpoean nations reformed and restarted, etc. First woman voted into Brittish House of Commons,
1936 - (Dec 13) we were begining recovery from Great Depression (now that would be nice) BBC launched the first regular TV service. First Edition of Life Magazine Published. Edward the VIII abdicates, Chiang Kai-shek kidnapped. Flint Sit Down Strike in Flint Michigan.
1954 -(dec 25) Joe McCarthy Condemned by Senate (about time too), Laos gains independence, Panama President Assassinated, Marian Anderson performs at the Met, WAr between USSR and Germany ends, and US defends Taiwan from china.
1973 ( jan 4) UK, Ire and Denmark join the EU, Yankees sold, Nixxon Innaugerated (watergate is later, not related to this eclipse I think) LBJ dies, Vietnam peace.
1991 - (jan 15) Gulf War, Harald V bcomes King of Norway, Soveit Forces Storm Vilnius TV Tower killing 14 civillians, Somalia President Flees he is followed by Ali Mahdi Muhammad, Los angeles LAX Aircrash kills 34.

thoughts?

Granny