MarkC wrote:I agree with Tom that this wedding analogy used by Andrew and yourself is really spurious to the question at hand. Lets put it to rest please its not relevant here.
I did apply an election chart to my own Wedding to foreshaddow a future change in life and fortune beyond imagination.

There may be a tendency to get lost in the theory. Let's not forget to do the astrology. Thank you, unique_astrology, for providing relevant data! :'
http://www.astronor.com

Andrew Bevan wrote: I did apply an election chart to my own Wedding to foreshaddow a future change in life and fortune beyond imagination. '
If so, you should tell if marriage was succesfull or not....

as every woman, I'm more interested in love more than war or presidents, but I think men cannot understand

margherita
Traditional astrology at
http://heavenastrolabe.wordpress.com

I'll just pop my head above the turret for a minute and say that five minutes one way or another, may not make much of a difference, unless the moon was in very late degrees or the ascendant about to change. Not having looked at a chart yet, I don't know.

Having said that, a pundit on television had this to say (and I'll paraphrase): that he found it interesting that for five minutes, Joe Biden was Bush's vice president.

So this shows, possibly, that the ritual itself is seen, in the eyes of the public, as the 'real' reckoning of the ascent of a President, no matter what the law has to say...

GH :)

Gunhilde wrote:I'll just pop my head above the turret for a minute and say that five minutes one way or another, may not make much of a difference, unless the moon was in very late degrees or the ascendant about to change. Not having looked at a chart yet, I don't know.
Moon changes sign from Scorpio to Sagittarius at 12:30 according my Solar Fire.

And about Ascendant for 12:00 we have 14.03 Taurus, for 12:05 15.46 Taurus, and 12:06 16.06 Taurus.
In the first case Ascendant is in Mercury terms, then in Jupiter ones.

But if we rectify a little with images of stars I prefer the 16th degree, i.e. 12:05.

In fact from Book of Paranatellonta (Vat. Reg. 1283): A man sitting on a donkey arises with the 16th degree. Who is born in this degree will be a knight ready to forgive and doing good for people.

And the donkey is the Democrats' animal, isn'it?
Margherita
Traditional astrology at
http://heavenastrolabe.wordpress.com

LOL Well I'm a woman who tends to be more interested in Presidents and war, they are more predictable than love and less painful! IMO (insert humor here)

Besides Andrew is Still Married(last I heard) so how can he tell you whether or not it is successful until it ends?

I've looked at the Data, seems to me the 12:51 is more relevant, now how do I input a spreadsheet?

G.

Gjiada wrote: And about Ascendant for 12:00 we have 14.03 Taurus, for 12:05 15.46 Taurus, and 12:06 16.06 Taurus.
In the first case Ascendant is in Mercury terms, then in Jupiter ones.
I also noticed that the chart made for 12:00 has the evil fixed star Menkar on the Ascendant. Menkar is at 14.27 Taurus these days. If we allow the usual orb for fixed stars of one degree both the chart of 11:58 for vice-president Biden and the chart for president Obama narrowly escape it. Let's hope this is the case.

This is what Robson writes about this star:
'It causes disease, disgrace, ruin, injury from beasts, sickness, and loss of fortune
If rising: Legacies and inheritances attended by much evil'

One could of course make a case of Robson's interpretation of Menkar rising, but let's hope Menkar will stay clear of this new presidential term now.

ea

The Oath of office lacks so much Import that Obama had it Readministered today... wonder what the time was.... Granny

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20090122/ap_ ... th_do_over

WASHINGTON ? Chief Justice John Roberts has administered the presidential oath of office to Barack Obama for a second time just to be on the safe side.

The unusual step came after Roberts flubbed the oath a bit on Tuesday, causing Obama to repeat the wording differently than as prescribed in the Constitution.

White House counsel Greg Craig said Obama took the oath from Roberts again out of an "abundance of caution."

The chief justice and the president handled the matter privately in the Map Room on Wednesday night.