Mercury retrograde Jan 11. - Feb 1.

I've opened this thread for more common observations and questions regarding Mercury's retrograde passage that may not be quite as philosophical as some of those ideas expressed under a different heading.

Extreme weather
I seem to observe extreme weather patterns when Mercury is stationary. It is almost as if the air is either at a total standstill, or you want to think twice before sticking your head outside with the risk of getting your top blown off. Does anyone else share this opinion?
Last edited by Andrew Bevan on Tue Jan 13, 2009 8:49 am, edited 1 time in total.
http://www.astronor.com

Hi Andrew

Yes, here in Wellington we had raging sou'westerlies that left the garden in a right shambles. It is the middle of summer here so not really expected at this time of year.

Kind regards
Tracey

Students rights
My Gemini sister-in-law is a student (Mercury) and due to appear before the Norwegian Parliament next week (Aquarius=democracy). She is to make a speach on how Norwegian students fall outside the Norewgian wellfare system when being subject to long-term illness (Mercury retrograde). By casting light on this problem (Mercury R with Jupiter under the beams of the Sun) there is a possibility of solving a problem that faces many young people who are taken ill during the process of higher education (Me R conj JU in AQ, saved from the combustion of the Sun). She is also due to be interview by the Norwegian TV2 who intend to feature her case in the Norwegian 9 O'Clock News.
Last edited by Andrew Bevan on Tue Jan 13, 2009 8:48 am, edited 1 time in total.

Norwegian Uphill runner collapses and dies

The 42 year old Norwegian uphill- and orienteering runner Jon Tvedt, born 29.06.1966 in Bergen, collapsed and died during a training session Sunday, January 11. Jon Tvedt was refered to as the King of uphill running and had won 14 Norwegian Championships and 8 other medals from atheletic championships. He was out running with his 41 year old brother and a 54 year old friend in the terrein just East of Bergen at a height of 500mwhen he suddenly was indisposed. It was at 14.55 CET that Jon's brother reported that something had gone wrong. Location: Bergen, 60N23, 5E20. Asc 12CN53 (opp Mars), MC 23AQ57 (conj Neptune). Jon Tvedt suffered from sudden exhaustion and did not make it down the hillside. At 18.30CET the rescue team confirmed him dead. Jon Tvedt had his natal Sun at 7Cancer. Mercury made its station 7AQ45 only 2 hours later at 17.46 CET and cast a quincunx to the runner's natal Sun. Tvedt's natal Moon was located in the last decanate of Scorpio and I note that the stationary Mercury cast its antiscia to the runner's South Node at 23SC03. Source: Aftenposten.no & BT.no, Jan 11.

what is with healthy people dieing climbing uphill? there was a young man who is called youngest to climb Everest? died yesterday in France climbing antoher mountain, it was in the news, dont recall the name.

G

Young men dying during sports
Well, I can't relate it to Mercury retrograde but it struck me that I went to a funeral last year of another young and healthy man aged 43years who also unexpectedly collapsed and died during a jogging exercise. No comparison I suppose, however some close relatives are likely to have stopped up and fallen in thoughts - since this young man was also Jon T. What is it when they have similar names?

-------------------------------------------------------------
Royal Brawl
Mercury retrograde may give rize to unexpected brawls and controversy. Today, Ari Behn, the spouse of the Norwegian Princess, Martha Louise, put himself in the media limelight and took the best time on national television, involving himself in a personal and somewhat untidy counterattack upon the integrity of a specific journalist who was previously employed at the Norwegian Palace and whom Ari Behn obviously had had enough of. I am not sure Ari Behn will benefit from having taken the conflict public in this manner. Instead of sticking to the rational issue, the discussion got rather lunar and full of slander. A typical conflict of the Moon and Mercury. The other participants present in studio were old enough to be be Ari's parents and that's how the dispute progressed with the parties attacking one another and telling eachother off along lunar terms. I note that the Moon is in Royal Leo has joined with the South Node during the day, so obviously Royal pride and privicy has been dented here. It is difficult to draw the line between their roles as private people and as royal celebrities, particularly when it comes to Ari Behn and Martha Louise who now move in the outskirts of the Royal family. There has already been quite a bit of controversy around his wife the recent years, Princess Martha Louise, who last year started a school that professed to teach people how to communicate with angles. The picture is getting complicated and I fear that the couple are making themselves even more vulnerable through their original lifestyles. It may all be to a good cause, but a what a price. :???:

Funny Dream
I woke up with a funny dream this morning. An old car of mine was stood outside my parents house. It wouldn't start (Mercury st. in Aquarius). My mother decided to try and run-start it, but in reverse (Mercury retrograde). The car rolled backwards, went off the lawn and into the garden. Here it (still backwards) went past the fruittrees (Jupiter?) and down a ditch. At this point the car changed color (Mercury R to CP) and went from orange to green. The car continued down the hill at which point it did a pin-point turn (turning direct?) and ended up in the potato-field (Capricorn). :???:

I don't think am even going to try to attempt and interpret the full meaning of that dream, but what ever I do, I'll make sure to try and keep my head low today! :lala

Philosopher Giant Dies
The reknown and respected Norwegian philosopher, Arne Naess, born January 27. 1912 (Sun 7 Aquarius!!) past away yesterday at about 21.30 CET, January 12. He reached 96 years of age. Naess was Professor at the University in Oslo between 1939-1970 and was also reknown for his mountain climbing (another sportsman who enjoyed high places!) and his outspoken and unceremonious sense of humour. He was the uncle of the late Arne Naess, Jr. who was married to Diana Ross. Source of reference: Aftenposten, Jan.13.

Mercury turned retrograde at 7AQ45. The personality of Arne Naess seems to incorporate both the meaning of the Mercury station in Aquarius, together with Jupiter and the North Node. The Solar eclipse of Jan.26 at 6AQ30 also joins in the picture. Naess past away at the full moon prior to the eclipse alligning with his natal Sun.
Last edited by Andrew Bevan on Tue Jan 13, 2009 1:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Greenpeace gets in way for Heathrow plans
Listening in on Jeremy Vine, BBC Radio 2: Greenpeace have bought a field neighbouring to Heathrow Airport and are selling it of in thousands of small pieces world wide in an attempt to get in the way for the Governments plans of building a new third runway at Heathrow Airport.

That is quite an appropriate interpretation of Mercury retrograde in Aquarius. Is Jupiter the significator of Greepeace?

Andrew,

The only feeling of Mercury retrograde I've had so far here is your statement ? ... past away yesterday at about 21.30 CET, February 12?. We are still in January. :o