I am rather bothered by the fact that my software is not flexible enough when is comes to calculating Arabic Parts. However, I do note in Saturday Jan 10th's game between Aston Villa and WestBrom at 12.35 GMT Mercury, L1, casts its antisia to the Part of Fortune and Jupiter, L7, is conj the Part of Fatality (Asc+Saturn-Sun) at 1AQ38. Out of curiosity, the Part of Games (Asc.+Venus-Mars) is at 27CN07 and conjunct the IC.

What can all this mean? Maybe we get a good game, considering that the Part of Games is on an angle, or a display of fun or artistic football from West Brom, considering that the POG is on the 4th. Mercury's antiscia to POF causes me to expect Villa to win, but considering Jupiter is a fortune and conj POFate, maybe WestBrom get a lucky goal?

Off the top of my head. :???:
---------------------------------------
According Aftenposten's sports commentator, WBA played a good and entertaining game and 2-0 to Villa after the first half did not reflect a fair result. The WestBrom keeper was unfortunate and credited with an own goal. WestBrom came back in the 2nd half and scored after the ball deflected off a Villa player. The game ended 2-1 in Villa's advantage.
http://www.astronor.com

Other parts not mentioned

I hope this helps.
Point of death Mars+Sat-MC
Advancement AC+Sun-Sat
Sudden Advancement 1 (day) AC+POF-Sat
Sudden Advancement 2 (night) POF+AC-Sat
Sudden Advancement 3 AC+Sun-Sat
or if Sat is combust AC+Sun-Jup
Sudden Luck AC+Jup-Uranus
V/r LionKIng :) Oh and I make great pizza... ha!

Just picking up this thread and make an observation on events during football matches that start at the same time.

In the UK, we have television programmes on Saturday afternoon that feature live football scores and events as they occur. It is generally known as a teleprinter (or it used to be). I don't know if anything similar happens in other countries.

What I have noticed is that events appear to happen in clusters, for example goals and even sending off's. I have often seen 4/5 sending off items appear on the teleprinter in a short period of time. Some weeks there is a rush of goals in the first few minutes after kick-off, or near the 45th minute, etc, etc.

Is this something that others have noticed?

For the purposes of practical astrology if others think there may be some merit in recording such observations I'd be interested to see them here. It involves sitting in front of the tv on a Saturday!!!

Hi John
Is this something that others have noticed?
Yes it is something that I too have noticed and been intrigued.
It involves sitting in front of the tv on a Saturday!!!
It also involves looking at all the 3pm charts :lol:
Last edited by Gem on Sat Feb 28, 2009 8:46 am, edited 1 time in total.

Hi John,
It involves sitting in front of the tv on a Saturday!!!
How else do you think I spend my Saturday afternoons?! :lol: And yes, I've certainly noticed these clusters too. I'll try and remember to note down the times and check them against the charts. It might be more rewarding than watching my predictions (and points!) disappearing down the drain as the 'wrong' teams score :-sk

A note on Arabic parts. Arsenal won their CL game on Tuesday night with Part of Success conjunct their significator :'

Hi,

I noticed this too, and when you watch a game and have your astroclock, or an animated real time chart running with it, you?ll discover that events coincide with planets hitting angles or angles changing signs.
(i got this idea from german astrologer doebereiner, btw.)

Unfortunately sometimes nothing happens (often when saturn hits an angle) and sometimes there?s a goal without any planet hitting an angle....maybe a housecusp, though or an aspect ? I didn?t really check it.

But I did some nice predictions during the worldcup saying: there?ll be a goal soon...or nothing will happen anymore here... and so it proved..

I also once noticed that when a new player got into the match, at that moment it was the degree of his sun rising....etc..

So what is needed is a program that relates all 22 player charts + 2 coaches + referee chart with the realtime match chart...

printing information like this (f.e.):

12:12 Match MC sex Sun player x
12:13 Match ASC con Mars player y
etc....

you could do some interesting research...

anyone heard of a program with these features ?

cheers

leywand

Gem wrote:Any astrological correlations?
Yes, I don't rush into make correlations until there are sevral weeks to compare :)

This week, I thought was quite steady throughout, there seemed to be goals virtually every minute. Only a few sending off's distributed throughout the 90 minutes.

There were several games with goals coming in quick succession, mainly in the first half, but also some in the second half.

Arabic Parts are still working well. In last night's Champions League, Fiorentina (3/1 underdogs) beat Liverpool (odds-on faves) 2-0. Venus L1 was partile trine the Part of Success. (And yes, I did win some money on it!)

Interesting that the POS includes Saturn in its formula. Apart from a great win, Fiorentina also didn't concede any goals - the positive side of Saturn - defence.

I didn?t use arabic parts to predict football matches, except fortuna of course, so I don?t have first hand experience on this.
Interesting that the POS includes Saturn in its formula
Which part are you using. Is that the "part of sudden advancement"? If this is it, this part was also called nemesis, and was one of the hermetic parts Usually its meaning is very bad, but I was wondering if it was a good omen for a underdog.
Meu blog de astrologia (em portugues) http://yuzuru.wordpress.com
My blog of astrology (in english) http://episthemologie.wordpress.com

Part of Success is Asc + Saturn - Sun. It's listed as Part of Fatality in Solar Fire. As you say, Part of Sudden Advancement (Asc + POF - Saturn) is also Nemesis.

Looking at Al Biruni's list of Arabic Parts, certain formulas appear more than once with different names for different purposes, so I think their use depends on context.

In my experience, the above two Parts work in a positive way when they are conjunct or trine a significator; in a negative way when they are opposite or (less reliably) square. Likewise the Parts of Triumph (Asc + Jupiter - POF) and Conquest (Asc + Mars - Sun). I only consider these aspects when they are partile and preferably within half a degree.
Last edited by Ficina on Wed Nov 04, 2009 10:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.