PD wrote:Has there been a specific research in event charts on the retrogression of 7th lord and the opposition failing to click
Interesting question. I think it's difficult to generalise about one specific factor, especially bearing in mind that the away team are usually the underdogs and the underdogs usually lose anyway. I checked back on results at the beginning of 2008 when Saturn (as L7) was retro. With a couple of exceptions the away underdogs lost and the away faves either won or drew, so the retrogression didn't appear to have a particular effect. Perhaps when testimonies are equal (or non-existent), then retrogression might tip the balance in favour of the home team.

Welcome back, Gem :D Good point re Moon/Jupiter aspect which I did see but didn't take seriously since it was across a sign boundary. I wouldn't say L1 was 'on the Asc' being 8? or so away, although I know in the old days Moon in 1st was always an indication that the home team would win. Anyway, it was a great result for ManU, so kudos to them :'

Thanks Ficina :)
Ficina wrote:[the retrogression didn't appear to have a particular effect. Perhaps when testimonies are equal (or non-existent), then the retrogression might tip the balance in favour of the home team.
I agree. The superior planets are in Rx motion half the year anyway but I noted the teams represented by Saturn during the recent stationary period didn't perform well so I thought Wigan (signified by stationary Mercury) couldn't win but they did (being on the MC might have helped). The tricky period for Mercury may be stationary Rx and when it's both Rx and combut but other than that, as long as it's moving, backwards or forwards, there seems to be no illl effect.

I think I said the L1 was on the AC in the Championship chart :)
in the old days Moon in 1st was always an indication that the home team would win.
Yes it was, wasn't it :) Good old days :lol:

The LOA was both combust and Rx last night. Nevertheless faves won mostly:

The FA Cup
Doncaster 3-0 Cheltenham
Carling Cup
Man Utd 4-2 Derby
Johnstone's Paint Trophy
Scunthorpe 2-0 Rotherham
Blue Square Premier
Oxford Utd 2-1 Forest Green
The Homecoming Scottish Cup
Queens Park 1-0 Peterhead
Welsh Premier League
Llanelli 3-0 Aberystwyth

The ManU/Derby chart was the only one I looked at yesterday. Although Mercury was combust and retro, it was also partile trine MC, plus Moon was conj IC which I think we've generally found to be an advantage to the faves. Whether those factors helped or not, I'm beginning to think that ManU can overcome any astrological obstacle! Some of the testimonies that are usually considered to be negative don't seem to be affecting them at all.

Ficina wrote: ManU can overcome any astrological obstacle! Some of the testimonies that are usually considered to be negative don't seem to be affecting them at all.
100% agreed! They're not only European champions but also Wolrd champions after all :D Some teams seem to be above astrological conditions. In recent Premier League matches involving ManU, I would have thought they were not likely to win had they not been teams other than ManU. In one of them a goal was scored exactly at the end of the game, securing crucial 3 points. So hard to spot a chart when such teams actually slip up.

FA Cup Fourth Round:
This afternoon
Hartlepool v West Ham, R4, 12:40
Man Utd v Tottenham, R4, 17:15

Sunday, 25 January 2009
Cardiff v Arsenal, R4, 13:30
Liverpool v Everton, R4, 16:00

Faves are in bold letters. I don't see any potential upsets among these charts meaning the games will all go to the faves unless I'm missing something :lol:

Congrats!

The favourites have it.

ManU had a different team altogether and the winner was from an enemy turned friend (Berbatov).

I think that this could come down to the skill set and natural tendencies:

you need very strong testimonies to say that
-someone will remain unmarried or not procreate.
-A pauper will become a billionaire or a billionaire will win the lottery(they rarely need to play it)
-A skilled team will be defeated.

The problem is that this could be a thing of epidemiology and statistics.

http://demonstrations.wolfram.com/Sensi ... Incidence/

PD :idea:

Yesterady's results:

Hartlepool 0-2 West Ham
Man Utd 2-1 Tottenham
pankajdubey wrote: I think that this could come down to the skill set and natural tendencies:
you need very strong testimonies to say that
-someone will remain unmarried or not procreate.
-A pauper will become a billionaire or a billionaire will win the lottery(they rarely need to play it)
-A skilled team will be defeated.
Well summed up. I particularly like the pauper-billlionaire analogy :lala
The problem is that this could be a thing of epidemiology and statistics.
Epidemilology huh? :lala

Cardiff-Arsenal 0-0
Liverpool- Everton 1-1

I completely overlooked the eclipse!!! The results make sense because the Moon is debilitated. The Cardiff/Arsenal chart looks similar to the Hartlepool /West Ham chart. The difference is that the Moon is considerably weaker at late degs in her last phase conjoining the Sun and the node.