I put a small amount (just for the giggles as they say) on Wigan/Tothm Draw and also on No Goals at 8.50.

I came up with the horary on whether Andrew will win this wager (Wigan/Tot X) and the Placidus house system says No, yet the Koch house system says Yes. Most of the time Placidus and Koch are the same (house rulers, I mean), yet when they are not the same Koch seems to work better for me. Maybe it's just my imagination yet the results are not imaginary -- and as far as I know Koch system is derived from Placidus. And as I said, most of the time they are the same.

We'll see what happens. Placidus has never stopped working but maybe Koch also is a helper.

Back from another abysmal performance of yesterday's prediction, I am leaving my predictions as draws today (and I'm jolly well inclined to make them all 0-0, grumpy as I am)

The one thing that piques my interest in the Man U chart is that the sun hugs C7, and if I can remember correctly we had this before, also when MU were involved, and they won. I remember saying at the time that the sun always shines on MU, even when it's setting.....,but then MU were L7 at the time....

The midpoint of Sun/Moon is on Spica - I'm leaving my prediction a draw.

Grumpy, in sweltering Cape Town.

Seiko wrote:I came up with the horary on whether Andrew will win this wager (Wigan/Tot X) and the Placidus house system says No, yet the Koch house system says Yes.

We'll see what happens. Placidus has never stopped working but maybe Koch also is a helper.
Do you mind providing the chart details? Your question is interesting but it feels like an unfair trial without the possibilty of examining the details and I am not sure whether this horary resolves the problem of house system. Another thought struck me. Is it possible to use astrology to answer the question regarding the validity of another astrological judgement? It seems as if your chart says either 'yes' or 'no', so it would be interesting to make some sense out of it. And Seiko - I am not trying to have a get at you. Your post raises interesting questions that it makes sense looking at. :'
------------------------------------------------------------------
Ficina - it will be interesting to see whether Wigan - Spurs does in fact end a draw for the reasons provided. However, I went for Club Brugge beating Roeselare where the Asc is 27GE and MC is 22AQ. Lord of the Asc is stationary, but it is not on the Midheaven and does not arrest the match in the same manner - I think. Mercury, L1, benefits from the reception with Saturn, L10, in a different manner. That is at least my reasoning. :?
http://www.astronor.com

11:24:07 GMT+2 56N57 24E06 (ASC is 19ARI36)

Turn the chart so that DSC is ASC (since the question not about me, Andrew is DSC from my point of view).

If you use the Koch houses, VENUS (L1) SXT MARS (L2) in 4th. Both VENUS and MARS are in exaltation but it is not as important as the accidental dignities (in this case, MARS is angular).

Of course, H2 falls near the end of the SCO sign. The most of the H2 is in SAG. Also, using Placidus H2 is in SAG. MOON as Andrew's co-sig is in OPP to JUPITER (Placidus L2) in 5th. Oppositions (I beg to differ from Frawley) are negative in most cases (unless the significator is in conjunction with PF/anti-PF or helped by strong Fortunes). In this case, it is 50/50 since Jupiter is a Fortune himself and wants to help so to speak. If JUPITER were cadent, the answer would be 'No' 99%.

This is not the best example in the world since JUPITER is 'Questionable' i.e. 50/50 (if you use Placidus). I think if you are making an actual bet the horary "Will I profit?" wouldn't hurt. It is a legitimate question.

Thank you for this very interesting chart. I don't get all my football matches correct so it will be fun to see. It is also interesting from the perspective of whether Wigan - Tottenham may draw or not, not only whether Andrew is right or wrong. Libra is on the 7th - I predict a draw. The chart I have provided has Regiomontanus houses, but this does not prevent us from examining your perspectives. The exalted Venus casts her antiscia close to the cusp of the 7th but is a little off orb. I hope that Fortuna conjunct Spica in the 7th house saves me. :)

If you're using the will-I-profits, take into consideration that they work best on Sides. Over/Under bets are pretty much off limits. And that makes sense, because how the chart is supposed to know did you mean Over 192 pts (in basketball) or Over 193 pts i.e. the exact number of points.

Spreads are also doubtful, if the chart says you will profit betting on Orlando Magic it does not mean you will win betting on Orlando Magic -6.5 points. Of course, if the significator is angular and essentially dignified, the team has a better chance at covering the spread. So steer clear of big spreads unless you're betting on the underdog getting the points e.g. use +6.5 as a cushion if you think the chart says the dog will win (you will win betting on the dog to be precise).

Draws also are not the most predictable questions unless you have made the actual wager in that case the will-I-profit is a legitimate (as opposed to highly hypothetical) question. The best bet (pun intended) is Side bets because you have only two clear options (well, actually you have only one option because you are willing to bet on one of the teams).

Wigan 1-0 in the 91st minute. You've got to be kidding. Well, I guess here goes my Koch houses theory. As for the Placidus system, like I said the opposition between L1 and L2 is not your friend.

For what it's worth, I think that Chelsea is going to win but apparently I've been wrong before.

Oh dear! Wigan managed to pocket the ball one minute into extra play! :-cry
At least that is in agreement with the first look at the chart that said that either Wigan win or a draw. Now I'll have to see whether Chelsea can beat ManU now, or else I will have to spend the rest of the evening in disgrace. :(