Mars & Pluto: Middle East War

Anyone with any observations on the current flare in the Middle East War should feel invited to posting them here.

The area does not show up as under pressure in Astro*Cartography charts for either the Sun's ingress into Capricorn, or the Pluto ingress, or the chart cast for the New Moon of the year with the Sun and Moon 6CP08. However, it could be possible to relate the current warfare actions to the alignenment of Mars and Pluto in Capricorn. Mars was in 0CP and closely joined to Pluto at the time of the New Moon of Dec.27. The conunction between Mars and Pluto appears to be exact today at 19.54 GMT.

I don't like the situation. The observations I have made of Mars and Pluto joined in Capricorn so far have been quirte murky and involved violence.
http://www.astronor.com

Using the "Foundation of Israel" chart (I'm using 4:37 , 14 May 1948) the Mars- Pluto conjunction falls in the 3rd House and opposes the 7th house ruler Venus (intercepted in the 9th), interesting for this confrontation with Islamist enemy/neighbour Hamas. I guess radix Venus being around the 8th degree theres scope for things to get worse over this week - but that's hardly a prediction!!!!

Venus is very bright right now so I guess the Hamas side of things will get plenty of notice! Although heading for its greatest eastern elongation its probably fairly passive in contrast to an exalted Mars. As Venus slips into Pisces in january - can't help but wonder whether theres going to be a repeat of the Lebanon ie Israel pounds Hamas into the ground but politically/morally loses by dint of making such prominent victims out of its enemies. Equally that mid month aspect between venus and mars may suggest I guess that Hamas bends to Israel's power and some sort of accomodation is reached?
Certainly with the Saturnian Virgo being supportive of Mars and less so of venus's transit into pisces theres nowhere much for Hamas to go really I guess.
mike c

I guess radix Venus being around the 8th degree theres scope for things to get worse over this week - but that's hardly a prediction!!!!
That should have read radix Venus around the 5th degree, and now Mars has just crossed the opposition to that degree Israel has launched its ground offensive.
mike c

Does anyone know the exact moment of the Israeli attack on Gazah strip last Saturday?
It would be very interesting to see this cahrt, as it can show the progres and the kind of closure this conflict is likely to have, as well as who's going to win(well, it's pretty clear Israel will win, but nevertheless... :) )
And, I would also point out that there is much more that testifies to this conflict than just MA/PL conjunction and one cannot finish(I mean, have a full and clear picture) a very complicated analysis of such huge mundane event by using just one or two charts. 8)
Aries ingress for 2008., Aries ingress prior to the declaration of modern Israel state(in 1948.), new/full moon preceding it, JU0SA chart preceding the foundation of Israel...all of them are relevant and important, giving us various necessary information regarding this conflict(especially the ingress charts).
But more on this later.
Last edited by cor scorpii on Sun Jan 04, 2009 7:02 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Thanks Yuzuru :)
I've already visited that great blog, and asked Gjiada about the source of her information...it is not that I don't believe her, but somehow I think that the attack must have occured earlier(I may be wrong, of course) because I saw images of ruins and dead people and it really looked like it was dawn, and not noon.

(In my experience,it often happens that the information given in the newspapers/internet doesn't actually refer to the exact moment of the incident itself, but to the moment it was received and published - that's why I'm so sceptical about it.)

Of course, it could have been the dawn of the NEXT day(Sunday)...well, I guess(and very much hope!) her information is the accurate one and I'll stick to it in my analysis that will follow. :'

My experience with newspapers is that the same newspaper can give the wrong DAY to an event, in different stories about the same event.

When I was researching kidnapping charts, the times could be "rounded up" to more than an hour, even when the timing was known. In a case, the kidnapping was around 9:15 am, and some newspaper published "in the morning", others 9:00, 9:30, 10:00, "today", etc.

Checking the facts is no longer considered an important element of journalism.
Meu blog de astrologia (em portugues) http://yuzuru.wordpress.com
My blog of astrology (in english) http://episthemologie.wordpress.com

Ok, now there's two of us thinking along the same lines... :lol: I've already thought that I'm the only one who's (unnecessarily?) confused&sceptical here.
Yeah, you're right about contemporary journalism - sadly,I would add.
And it would be so nice to have this chart.
What we do have, though, is the (pretty) exact moment of the inception of the ground offensive on Gazah - just after the sunset yesterday, which would give approximately 17:00. :?

Nice piece of analysis from traditional point of view :' I especially like his point on contradicting the alleged all - present and all - powerful influence of PL on pretty much everything that's happening on earth...it's getting really annoying.
Interestingly, I made a very similar analysis myself, but it was written in Serbian language on 28.12.2008 and published on http://www.astro-art.net/forum/topic-2884-420.html
I was also using Ar ingres 2008. for explanation of the war - it is remarkable how similar our conclusions are, and the analysis itself.
And the best thing is - PL doesn't have to be mentioned once... :D
Last edited by cor scorpii on Mon Jan 05, 2009 3:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.

>And, I would also point out that there is much more that testifies to this >conflict than just MA/PL conjunction

I agree with you about the overiding exagerration of Pluto but with a proviso - I can see nothing wrong with using Pluto in the way you would use an fixed star or an astrological part. Ie casting no rays etc. so in this case the meeting of Mars with Pluto when Mars ingressed into Capricorn could add a detail to an analysis.

I'd guess adding to my posts above this conflict may run its course with Venus's as it runs into its opposition with Saturn over the next couple of weeks? just my opinion

Incidentally it struck me that Gaza is a very capricornian place, barren low and penned in with Saturnine borders
regards
mike c