Mystery Chart No. 17

One last one for 2008. It must be stated that despite the accurate looking birth time, I have no supporting documentation. This will not be easy, either. Let's see what we can come up with using this birth time.

Male
Sept 6, 1888
7:06 AM EST
Boston, MA
5 Libra 02 rises

Enjoy

Tom

Well stage 1 is the temperament assessment.Following DG I have kept it simple and got Sanguine 3, Choleric 2, Melancholic 2 and no phlegm at all.If I take Venus as ASC ruler I could say she makes more sanguine but she is occidental and in a cold dry sign. This was the subject of much debate in the Temperament analysis thread so let us not rehash it here.

First thing to leap out is the Mars conj Jupiter in H2. Mars here is said to make the native lose cash and Mars has more dignity than Jupiter. It also rules H7. Did he marry a lot and pay out loads of alimony?

Trying to find profession both Mars and Mercury have a lot of dignity but Mercury is close to an angular Venus so I will try and think of something mercurial jobwise.

Matt

Hi, as Matt said, an melancholic, with a little bit of hottness.

Hmmm, a melancholic with so many planets in the 12th house is not the profile I would expect in a mystery chart... Tom must be looking in the darkests of history?s books !

With so many planets in the 12th I would expect him to have been imprisoned for most of his life, either in jail, by ilness or even by his own decision (with a melancholic temperament, he may have chosen a life of solitude and confinement). If none of this apply, all I can see is that he "worked in the shadows" in his professional life.

Lord of manners is mercury. A man not so much of "cunning and witts" as Lilly would said, but of organization, contemplation, nettness (?).

Venus and Jupiter in 29 degrees and going to their dignities, I think it may show a life which began very poorly and got better as he grow.

what is the main interest, Tom ? His profession ?
Meu blog de astrologia (em portugues) http://yuzuru.wordpress.com
My blog of astrology (in english) http://episthemologie.wordpress.com

Not a criminal. Never charged with a crime to my knowledge much less convicted of one. The 12th house stellium is the surprise. One would think immediately that we have an individual that never accomplished much. Lord 1 in fall in 12. Mercury in 12 and he disposes all the 12th house planets. How do they get out? The most elevated planet is Saturn and he is in detriment.

The reason for the selection of the chart is that it possibly illuminates a question that has been kicking around in my head for some time, but I don't want to prejudice anyone by revealing what I'm wondering about.

Keep it up.

Tom

I would risk and say that he practiced in some way medicine (healing art).

there are many links between the significators of profession and house 12, 6, 8.
the combinations between Mercury, Venus and Mars (including all the particularities of the combinations, not just the aspects).
the fact that Moon (also Lord of the Mc) applies to Mercury which is in a special relation with Venus and Mars (which is in a conjunction with Jupiter, which is also the Lord of the 6 house).
Venus conjunct Asc (in Libra).
Saturn oriental in the bound of Venus.
Mc in a human constellation, also Asc in a human constellation.

I might be wrong but that's how I see it.

Thanks Tom for putting up another Mystery Chart.

Since this is a traditional forum but the only one with mystery charts, I ask for your understanding for using non-traditional planets. I will only mention them if I think they are prominent or important.

The Ascendant Ruler Venus is near the Ascendant and also rules H8. Mars is in H2, rules it and is conjunct Jupiter. Jupiter receives an exact sextile from Venus. All this smells like a lot of money. ?

How did he make it?
The strongly occupied H12 indicates something secret, Neptune (sorry traditionals) opposite Jupiter/Mars, too. Maybe even illegal or not very clean, using other people?s money (Venus Lord 8.)

Could he keep it? ? I don?t think so, again because of the opposition Jupiter/Mars-Neptune. Perhaps he squandered the money on alcohol?

Again Tom is presenting us a chart with all the traditional planets on one side of the Moon?s Node axis, and all on the East half of the chart. Sticking to earlier interpretations, this indicates a sharp break in his life path. I think the 1st part of his life was better than the 2nd, because the ?youth planets? Venus and Mercury are near the Ascendant, and Venus is the chart ruler.

He must have been a popular person inclined to politics and art (Moon and Venus in the first 3 Gauquelin sectors)

Venus is exactly in the midpoint of Sun/Uranus: a ?womanizer?. This is emphasized by the half square Venus-Saturn (doesn?t want to get too close in relationships).

Thanks Tom
Ren?

While I was writing this, 3 posts have come in. Very active thread!:D
Last edited by 3D on Mon Dec 15, 2008 8:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Renee as my Christmas present to all Skyscripters, I hereby grant dispensation to the outer planets.
That's very kind of you, Tom. I hope your flash of generosity will last well into the next year! :D

Seriously: thanks for your always great moderation.

Ren?

Re: Mystery Chart No. 17

I was waiting for you to post one of these, Tom! They are always neat and infuriating :D

If this conjunction of Mars to Jupiter perfects in Scorpio, then I'd say this is a person who made a great deal of money. Ruler of the 2nd place in the 2nd signifies that money makes money, so the native was in investiments/financial manipulations. Mars, being the malefic contrary to sect, means that there were shady dealings involved with this money. Perhaps the original source of the money was 'dirty' to begin with. With both these planets in the terms of Saturn, the money was tied to real estate, or the native made money with the money of others that was held in trust, as in the case of a banker or a holding company.

Clearly this is a person who had a <i>lot</i> of enemies, with all this 12th house action, but since Venus will probably skip out of Virgo before Mercury perfects, the native was probably never seriously harmed by them.

I'll come up with more when I get the chance.

P.S. Both the Lot of Fortune and the Lot of Spirit are in the 1st place by Whole Sign, and as the exalted lord of these Lots, Saturn, sees Libra, the native was probably a very prominent person, by both their actions and the events that befell the native.

Also, Jupiter being the natural significator of children, being in Scorpio, violent probably came to the native's children.
Gabe

This is the first time I've tried my hand at one of these, so here goes.

With the loaded 12th house first thing that comes to mind is that he must have made alot of enemies. The Asc ruler in the 12th in detriment is farthest from the cusp of the 12th indicating the chain of 12th house events ended with himself and Venus in partile sextile to Jupiter in the 2nd gave him the out; possibly by having the wherewithal to pay his way out of difficulties.

Mercury, ruler of the 12th in domicile in the 12th and dispositing all the 12th house planets is also part of the sextile and within 1 deg of a partile sextile with Mars; Mars/Mercury aspects usually indicate liars, Venus, Asc ruler, is connected along with a peregrine Jupiter, not sure if Jupiter indicates 'big' lies or if Jupiter just lets him get away with the lies. Whatever relationship he had with his enemies, they remained his enemies but possibly couldn't harm him because to do so they would also harm themselves? The wealth stays in the 2nd or is used behind the scenes (sextiles to 12th).

Jupiter is partile trine to the N. Node with the nodes falling across the 10th/4th axis possibly indicating a distinct and favourable break or change of direction in native's career/status but also one which harms his parents/family (S. Node in 4th).

Mars in domicile in the 2nd would indicate a successful struggle to acquire wealth, with Jupiter, alot of wealth. Mars rules the 7th of marriage and the Part of Marriage is a 20 Scorpio, with Mars and Jupiter so possibly wealth acquired through marriage. Scorpio being a water sign would hoard the wealth and use the wealth it acquired to generate more wealth. Jupiter also rules the 3rd of siblings and relatives so wealth from relatives, possibly stolen (Mars).

If the Asc is accurate, Pluto, planet of coercion, is retrograde, elevated in the 9th conjunct Neptune (vision) and trine the Asc; philosophically (9th) the native would have few scruples about using criminal and coercive tactics to achieve his ends.

It's a very strange chart, all the close aspects give it alot of strength but the quality isn't the greatest. This looks like the chart of someone who acquired wealth by means that, if not criminal, bordered on the criminal. Of a man who used wealth to attain his own ends and had few scruples about the methods used to acquire it.

Edit: <snip> <snip> ... sorry, hadn't read the rules re: making guesses; so I will remove my blunder (Thanks again Tom for not bouncing me :) )
Last edited by janeg on Thu Dec 18, 2008 2:18 am, edited 1 time in total.

One of the first puzzles I encountered with astrology was that successful people often had a packed doom & gloom 12th house. I am not the only one to have have seen this. Revising another thread I see that the last two British PM's and some popstars like Madonna and David Bowie are similarly "afflicted"

Is the problem that by using the 5 degree rule of Ptolemy too many planets get stuck in the twelfth when they are in fact rising.

At a recent Ben Dykes talk he looked at the etymology of the various words for angle like Kentron and whatever the arabic for tent pole is and seemed to suggest (like Robert Hand talking about cusp meaning centre point) that the angles could be seen as middles not beginnings.This is only my understanding and inference but a lady in the audience pointed out that one Indian house system(bhava madhya) does use angles as middles.

If so mercury can be angular(<15 degrees) and may be an indication of career. An investor and analyst could therefore be his career.

On the other hand I could be completely wrong and the subject could be Al Jolson!! :-?

Matt