7 yr itch!

Is any Astrological justification can be found for Seven year itch ( relationships/marriage) ...now that discarding our partner( or infidelity) has almost become an accepted norm in lives of modern man/woman?

regards & best wishes!

The main culprit could either be Saturn (who will square or oppose a natal position every 7 years or so until the Saturn Return) or an errant Uranus transiting a hard point in a chart. There is a lot of information out there on Saturn transits. They're not especially easy.

GH :)

Yeah , GH ..for the composite charts also , Saturn can be acting as catalysing agent every seven years or so..
Social scientists could also review , the time-interval between the two 'motive force(s) to try-out new partners ' , ( like they have measured attention span of a listener) whether this has also reduced from previously held 7 yr period though! :,

I do wonder of effects of Aquarius age already setting in..taking 1969..as a milestone for , when Man landed on the Moon..a measure of success of scientific/aquarian activities... then gradually acceptance of the need for independence / Uranian nature of couple , working away from each other at Work places ..more encounters with other potential partners...have all contributed to frequent new romances..& I am not sure whether beginning this period has seen the increase in ,divorce rates .

What I mean , Astrologers have divided a sign in 12 equal parts called ..Dwads..the last 27.5 to 30 part of Piscean Age shall have an 'Aquarius dwad"
and even though we have yet to welcome the Age of Aquarius..we can feel the worldwide effect of us responding to Aquarian ways! :'

Well, I don't know...I think a lot of the changes in relationship patterns have to do with the generational planets as opposed to the inner planets. The Pluto in Cancer (pre WWII) generation is a lot different than the Pluto in Leo generation (the Baby Boomers) in terms of values and beliefs...the Baby Boomers as a whole IMO exemplify much of the self-centredness and negative aspects of Leo...it was they who coined the term 'free love', which of course, was never free, and they have been called the "Me" generation. The birth control pill was also invented here. I was born in 1969 and so have Pluto in Virgo, but Uranus in Libra. Uranus in Libra is, I think, what really changed the social mores around marriage: the divorce rates shot up after this. But I've been married for 13 years, so generational influences can't explain everything! In fact, a great majority of my friends and people with whom I went to school, have stable, long-term marriages.

I don't think infidelity has become an accepted norm, necessarily; it's just that it gets a lot more press. People have always been adulterous; Julius Caesar was famously promiscuous (they wrote poems about his dalliances with men and women) and changed wives when he found a more politically-advantageous one. Caesar Augustus, his nephew, found this sort of behaviour morally reprehensible, and enacted several laws to try to stabilise marriages and preserve the sanctity of the family...with not much success, I have to say.

People are also a lot more impatient now and there is a general trend toward wanting perfection and immediate gratification. There is less of a bent toward 'working on it', a lot of fairly unrealistic idealism around relationships, and a tendency to discard something simply because it does not satisfy every need all the time. The 'generation' after mine, Pluto in Libra, may have been an influence on this mindset, but again there must be more to it.

These are just ideas. I don't think it's one thing, but many.

Yes, GH , many factors can be attributed to this trend.
i) Starting from days of Nomadic Man , his single-minded goal of finding food/ safety from wild animals & enemies to his gradually evolving to living as a clan similar to baboons family. Surely at some time (years after that) ..institution of marriage has been established & rules(mono/polygamy etc were framed)..we have to gauge ..what were the planetary position at that point ...we can safely presume nice aspects to venus(marraige) & saturn (rules)

ii) Does Increase in divorce/adultery rate is abnormal since last 40 yrs and far by-passing the coressponding increase in World population

If yes , can we draw an analogy "of increase in divorce rate..with the passage of Outer Planets ( like Neptune/Uranus transit sign Capricorn..wishing to break free from rules/institutions..remember collapse of berlin wall)
Also signs ..Aquarius and Pisces are also associated with the collective needs...sacrificing personal needs & kicking at social structures...

iii) For long we have considered Sun in a female chart ..describing her father ( before marriage) and her husband ( after marriage)..
There is strong case of Woman getting her way..& multiple partners...that is finally women Sun are evolving as ..everybody else is evolving since aeons.

iv) Uranus, planet of freedom & change..we can aslo study when it isat peihelion or epoghee..w.r,to the Earth ..and its up-turning the rules of the game at Earth :brows

v) Pluto transit in Capricorn & square to Saturn in Libra ..in coming days ..can provide us intersting time to study any possible increase in divorce rate

vi) We can categorise whole evolution of Nomadic man ..from his struggle for personal identity(h1) , finding resources , his early weapons to farming , cattle (h2), his clan ,family ..upto higher knowledge (h9), higher social role & organisations (h11) , higher consciuosness & his debt of past deeds (h12) etc in tweleve or sufficient sectors & assignn some palnetary rulership for those coressponding period & then decide which palnet is influencing which era/which sector

vii) aquarian dwad of last stages of piscean age...

Namaste Arihant...to get a bit off the topic of Astrology, it might be of some interest to you that Edgar Cayce [and I believe it is also found in the Vedas...possibly mentioned by Sri Yukteswar in his book 'The Holy Science'] that every atom in you body replaces itself in 7 years...thus you are a completely different person in the material plane from the Arihant you were 7 years ago...
...I also think that Uranus might fall into this observation as it pretty much covers one sign every 7 years...
Maybe We should all re-evaluate our temporal desires every 7 years...re-establish the love that we felt before for our wives and/or lovers...afterall shouldn't LOVE be re-affirmed daily?

OM Prema Nam OM

...Devananda
You are a Divine expression of the Universe.

The secondary progressed Moon also conjoins, squares or opposes natal positions about every 7 years. It seems to act as an activator and intensifier. The sp Moon and transiting Saturn together make an interesting pair.

Gunhilde wrote:Well, I don't know...I think a lot of the changes in relationship patterns have to do with the generational planets as opposed to the inner planets.
That is, basically, my approach also. I try not to dismiss the outer planets and asume they anounce some general approaches to life and existing values that will manifest through generational tendencies rather than a personal system of values of the Native. The inner planets should than "reveal" how the Native will fit into his own generation and the system of values it will eventually create. I found it to be a rather good approach because I've seen many charts of people feeling a lot more combfortable when sorrounded by members of a different generation than among people of their own age because their natal inner planets placement will lmake them feel more familiar with a different generation's main tendencies. ("Being in front of my own time", "Feeling as if I should have been born 20 years earlier" etc.- these are just some of the sentences these people usually use to describe how they sometimes feel trapped inside the time the live in).

But, there is one thing that fascinates me. Much less, it's the thing that still makes me wonder if these outer planets have even stronger influence on each individual's life. I was born in 1979. when the Pluto was in Libra! I'm not really in touch with people I went to high school with but about 20 or so of us, who went into the same class for 8 years during our elementary school years are still very good friends and we get the informations about the other 10 or so of our ex classmates that we don't see as often regularly too. Only two of us (them) are now married. A girl who had left high school when she got pregnant at the age of 17 and who is now a mother of 3 girls and another boy, now a well educated man, who entered politics when he was just 20, managed to become close with another young man, who later on became a mayor and is now rather influentual, highly positioned and married with one child. Two completelly different stories yet the stories of the only two people from our class who are actually mnarried now. Most of the others are even single. No divorces either.From what I gather, it's pretty much the same story with my ex high school classmates; only one child and 2-3 steady relationships but "with no signature". But, I couldn't say it's the result of any general tendency such as wanting to use the best years of your life to have fun or throwing some old values away. Quite the opposite - many of them are rather frustrated by this fact, some even obsessed with the idea of getting married before they turn 30 (or, at least, WERE obsessed before they actually did turn 30 :lol: ) while others are stuck with in fear they won't be able to make enough money, unable to buy a flat or a house and scared they'll never manage to find a steady job (and it is a reasonable fear, I must say) and wouldn't want to feel sorry when it becomes too late. So, it's maybe a lot more than a generational tendency- it's almost as if the generation gets stuck in a huge tendency of the time it lives in on many different levels. The tendencies should be the result of the generation's hearthbeat while, in this example, it's almost as if they aren't even able to create the version of life they think would be the best version for them. At least it seems like that to me.

On the other hand- a few months ago there was an extremely upseting information on TV- one survey has recently shown that more than 60% of young girls from different European countries think it is absolutely normal to offer sex(ual favors) to boys who buy them a drink or give them a lift home if they don't drive.The explanations are even more scary:"Why else would I accept that drink, nothing is free today!". Considering the fact it took the scientists about 3 years to conduct the study and that the girls questioned were all sexually mature and already dating, I guess most of them were members of the "PLuto in Scorpio" generation. Now, this I couldn't even label as a new version of promiscuity, I wouldn't even know how to call it! If sex was liberated from love, in a way, during the Baby-boom generation, than this should be a break down of the idea of passion, with or without love.
According to the same study, more than half of them don't think it's a disaster if their boyfriend hits them from time to time, more than 35% have had at least 3 violent boyfriends! Violent boyfriends is not a news but more than 35% of young women considering violence to be just a part of a passionate relationship is a bad news. The involvement of violence also lead me to believe it could have something to do with Scorpio

Namaste to all & you too , DevananadaJi !

The view of Edgar Cayce & Sri Yukteswar & of Vedas , are very interesting ..in the sense we can rebuild ourselves afresh again ...psychologically getting ourselves rid from any sins/recompenses whatsoever..

Meanwhile, better to re-establish & strenghten the existing love(s) ..Om Prema OM! :brows

Uranus theme is recurring many times ..( although as Kirk has also mentioned of the effect on marriage chart,of progressed Moon, after 7 yrs ..this also is worth examining)

I do wonder whether Man/woman are naturally inclined to remain commited to a single individual or we all feel attracted to many a partners ..and want to develop multiple meaningful relationships....

May be those with Sun/mars sign in Mutable & double signs respond to variety better.. :brows

I ,accidentally came -across reading for Uranus in Gemini..in the book by Ned Ballantyne & Stella Coeli , "Your dreams & Your Horoscope". 1946 , Books Inc ,Canada

'Sagittarians are now seeking strange new adventures in the department of marriage. The spinsters and bachelors of the asterism of the archer have become restless and dissatisfied by their single status. They may embark on a quest for a mate, and under the influence of Uranus many a seemingly unrelated alliance can be consummated. Actually , this opposition aspect generates so much action in the life of Sagittarian that the results clear the atmosphere of stagnation.

New husbands and wives may take the place of the old partners. The same aspect has the power to effect reunion between those long separated. The basic idea is dramatic change , ending in the unexpected. More often than not the change is upsetting and unwelcome. It comes the hard way. As time goes on , the benefits of the situation become apparent and lead the way to a new satisfaction in the emotional life.
Uranus controls the strongest urge in the emotional calendar. Its influence unleashes subconsciuos passions of such violence and memories of such depth that the native is amazed at his own capacity. In most cases , he did not know he had in him"

my thanks to GH , David , Kirk ,aglaya for contributing here! 8)
"You are a Divine expression of the Universe"

Arihant wrote:Namaste to all & you too , DevananadaJi !

Uranus theme is recurring many times ..( although as Kirk has also mentioned of the effect on marriage chart,of progressed Moon, after 7 yrs ..this also is worth examining)

my thanks to GH , David , Kirk ,aglaya for contributing here! 8)
Interesting!

When I started investigating the 7yr phenomenon or 9 yr beneficial cycle-the first thing I was told was what Kirk has mentioned in his post-the secondary progressed moon- I think it was in one of Sepharial's book,and of transit saturn's squares.

The 9yr cycle would be-moon's trine both by secondary progression or moon's mean motion by fixed increment direction of 13deg 10min; of nodal sowing and reaping cycle and numerology number 9.

I never thought of going beyond that:)

PD

pankajdubey wrote:

When I started investigating the 7yr phenomenon or

I never thought of going beyond that:)

PD
Which 7yr phenomenon, Dubeyji?
Of Progd Moon ?

My guess , of upheavels in Libra notion of Harmonious relationship when the Saturn in Libra , The sign itself shall feel the heat of being squared by Pluto from Capricorn , Opposed by Uranus in Aries...some impulsive changes can be foreseen!
"You are a Divine expression of the Universe"

Arihant! ...Namaste Babaji.
...what kind of events are you planning or planning to attend tomorrow [..as it already is Saturday in India].
If I'm not mistaken is it not when the Birthday of Vishnu is celebrated?
...maybe this day will find something that will give an itch a scratch!
May Guru bless you with what you need.
Om Mitraya Namah Om ...my friend.
You are a Divine expression of the Universe.