Hi Andrew

I've gone for a win for M City - L4 is on Spica.

I'm leaning towards a draw for the N'Castle game - couldn't see anything overwhelming for either team.

Arsenal/Liverpool: At the moment I can't think further than a draw - both teams anyway have this nasty habit of not playing according to my predictions :D
I think I'm going for the goalless draw....

I'm finding these predictions a tough game at the moment..... I think I'm losing my touch :)

Thank you for your kind words, Andrew. It certainly doesn't feel easy and I always breathe a sigh of relief whenever I get something right :)

West Brom/Man City
Although chart is radical, hour ruler is L1. Moon sextile L7 may push the game in ManC's direction but Moon aspects to sigs (particularly sextiles) haven't always proved reliable, so I'm going for a draw.

Newcastle/Spurs
Moon square L7 - same reservations as above and may be cancelled out by L4 conj Pluto anyway. As Andrew has said, radicality by triplicity often produces a draw and I go along with that.

Arsenal/Liverpool
This is the big game of the day and I agree it's a difficult one to predict. I have yet to make my mind up about radicality by exaltation. Moon applies opp POF which generally means the faves don't win. Again, L4 conj Pluto which may also prevent Liverpool from winning. Yet another draw? :???:

OK, I think we all have made some sense. I'm going on a ManC win and a draw between Newcastle and Spurs. I think you both make good sense regarding a draw in the game between Arsenal and Liverpool. This is my feeling, too, although I am not awfully confident. However, the triplet is worth 24,29:1 so I'm giving it a try. What fun it would be if we picked 3 out of 3 games just before Xmas!

Good luck everyone! :)
http://www.astronor.com

West Brom - Man City 2-1
Newcastle - Tottenham 2-1
Arsenal - Liverpool 1-1 :'

Well, we got the match of the day right, and that was the one we thought was difficult, but as for the rest :(
I am actually wondering whether all this distortion is due to the Uranus/Saturn opposition. Things have been strange since, and accordingly this period could last until the thrid opposition in the series is passed and over....

I have also been wondering whethter we should be paying more attention to syzygys or ingresses, but another thought that struck me is how the competition seems to change character as teams get into the season. Some teams run out of steam, others take a strategic rest. Teams hitting the bottom start focusing and show an unexpected rally, etc.

I'm still confused about West Brom beating ManC. ManC are loosing it. I thought radicality was good for the favourite by odds or the team that was highest on the table - maybe I should be measuring this in terms of current form instead? Gem, I believe, suggested that radicality was often best for the home team. It is possible to argue for Newcastle beating Spurs, but not without changing either attitude or approach, ie. L1 mr L10. :-?

Monday Dec.22:
Everton - Chelsea, 20.00 GMT
Odds: 5,25 3,45 1,67
Asc 18LE06 MC 0TA53 Moon 10SC22 POF 27GE06
Played on the Day of the Moon and in the Hour of Saturn. The lord of the Hour and Lord of the Ascendant are in the same triplicity. Radical. Saturn, Lord of the hour, holds dignities on the 7th. Venus, L10, is conjunct the 7th cusp. Two testimonies for Chelsea, but POF is opposed by Mars and the Moon in Scorpio in the 4th house may bury the result. Radical by a triplicity mix. If I suggest a score-draw then at least I am not going for the obvious. :-?

Hi Andrew

for Everton I've got L1 trine MC, and conjunct L4 (if one allows over sign boundaries).

Moon opposes MC and is conjunct contra-anti Asc. Dunno what to make of that :? Good for underdog, maybe???

At the moment I'm leaning towards a 2-1 for Chelsea.......

No doubt Chelsea are the strongest team and my initial feeling was that Chelsea should win, but predicting football results seems to be connected with a certain amount of creativity and in view of our past observations I am thinking that if a chart opens for several possibilities - go with the most creative solution.

I dunno. I am presently happy with gathering observations and coming up with new ideas. It's as if there was running a disturbance in the force or natural order in nature at the moment. :???:

I did consider the possibility of a draw when I first looked at this chart - radicality by triplicity and L4 opp POF, as Andrew said, and L1 trine MC, as Susie said, although neither aspect is partile. It's very difficult to oppose Chelsea though, given their away record, and with hour ruler being L7, I should think they will win. It's just a question of how many goals they will score....

Yes, it was a draw. Everyones comments made sense. It was more a question of taking a chance for the draw. :D

I think we should note POF opp Mars. Mars going against the favourites, Chelsea did have a player sent off with a red card (John Terry, 35min). No, it was not a score draw, but Everton did score and have the goal disallowed (another obstruction). This is again very much in the nature of Mars. So all in all the draw was a very good prediction indeed and worth 3,45:1!

Chelsea collected all the cards today - 1 red and 3 yellow!
--------------------------------------------------------------------

Anyone want to look at the FA Cup replay between Droyslden and Chesterfield on Tuesday. The first battle in Chesterfield ended 2-2. It would be very exciting if the underdogs won!

Asc 16LE48 MC 28AR49 Moon 22SC18 POF 6CN43
The game is played on the Day of Mars and in the hour of the Sun. The chart is radical. Venus, L4, is angular in the 7th but conjunct Chiron, which could indicate an 'act of fate'. I find it interesting that POF is disposed by the Moon who is conj the Part of Sickness at 22SC29. This could prove unfortunate for the favourite or fortunate for the underdog, either way.
Giving the home team the ascendant, I notice that the Sun, L1, casts his antiscia to Mars, L10. Can the underdogs suprize again?

The Droyslden strikers Tipton and Ellis are Sun Cancer and Sun Scorpio. That might go well down with POF CN and Moon SC?

Everyones comments made sense. It was more a question of taking a chance for the draw.
You've hit the nail on the head there, Andrew. Well done for taking that chance :'

Just to add that the game kicked off at 8.01, by which time L1's trine to MC was partile. Also Saturn is slowing right down, so its effectiveness as sig and/or hour ruler is likely to be compromised. By the end of the month it will be stationary - something to bear in mind I think.

Saturn is slowing right down, so its effectiveness as sig and/or hour ruler is likely to be compromised.
Do the planets capacity as rulers of the hours have anything to do with the celestial states of those planets? This is a question I have found myself pounding upon in the past. Doesn't a stationary planet work more like a needle that is applied with increased pressure?

Oh, this is so interesting. Some people who follow this department of the forum must sometimes think we are just as much right as wrong but then they would hardly appreciate the manner in which we are gathering information, examining techniques, asking questions and putting new ideas to the test.