Football predictions December 2008

2008 has been a busy year for the 'Sports and Speculation' group and I think we all have done a lot of work. Maybe our observations can be demonstrated in December and will show some of it's fruits. Anyone commiting an opionion on a Football match - please include a few words on the astrological reasoning. Good luck! :)

Monday Premiership:
Liverpool - West Ham, 20.00 GMT
Asc 3LE51 MC 8AR46 Moon 24CP42 POF 18VI32
Odds: 1,33 4,50 10,00
The game is played on the Day of the Moon and in the Hour of Saturn.
If there are any suprizes it will be because the chart is not radical and POF opposes Uranus. However the Sun's, L1, application to Mars, L10, should be a suffiecient for Liverpool's victory.

Portugal
Benfica - Setubal, 20.30 GMT, Lisbon
Asc 25CN24 MC 10AR13 Moon 24CP56 POF 10VI19
Odds: 1,25 5,00 11,00
Played in the Day and Hour of the Moon.
This chart is interesting because the Moon, L1, sits on the desc as was the case in the Chelsea/Arsenal game. Are there other similarities/ differences? Is there anything here that will prevent the favourites from getting it? Anti-POF is not far from the MC.
Last edited by Andrew Bevan on Mon Dec 01, 2008 11:30 am, edited 1 time in total.
http://www.astronor.com

Re Liverpool/West Ham
What about antiscion Saturn (L7) conj MC? It isn't partile so I suppose, strictly speaking, MC 'controls' it, yet it is applying within 15'. Hour ruler Saturn is L7 and this has previously been observed to help the underdogs. Also Moon is VOC. I am considering a draw, even though common sense (and the odds) tell me that Liverpool should surely win :?

The draw is absolutely an option. I have been wondering the same myself and it is at a fair price.
-------------------------------

If you look at the one-off in the Championship that starts the same time
Reading - Coventry
Odds: 1,47 3,75 7,00
Asc 3LE50 MC 10AR57 POF 18VI31
Here Antiscia POF is more accurately conjunct the MC. Together with L1 applying to conjunct L10 - this should be a more certain testimony for Reading.

Together with L1 applying to conjunct L10 - this should be a more certain testimony for Reading.
Didn't see your post til now but I had looked at this chart earlier and thought Reading would win because L1 and L10 were both trine MC.

Well done, Ficina! I joined you in a draw for Liverpool - WestHam (0-0) and Reading - Coventry worked out well, too (3-1). :D :'

Benefica didn't manage to pull it off at home against Setubal (2-2), who equalized on overtime. There were lots of things playing up in that chart - the VOC Moon ruling the Day, Hour and ascendant with the Moon sitting on the descendant.... Probably difficult to reason why the game ended a draw, except that the home team was robbed!

We will most certainly be hitting combinations of two scorelines before we are through!
Way to go! :D :'

---------------------------------

5 games are played in England on Tuesday - and that is after adding up the FA Cup, Carling Cup and League 2. The problem is that all the games start at the same time, 19.45 GMT. In the Carling Cup Burnley are meeting Arsenal and Stoke are playing Derby. That is two teams from the premiership playing two teams from the Championship. Stoke have the advantage of playing at home against Derby, but this advantage is Burnley's when they meet the Gunners. Burnley are doing well in the Championship and could suprize.

Burnley - Arsenal, 19.45 GMT
Odds: 4,25 3,40 1,80
Asc 2LE50 MC 6AR45 Moon 6AQ27 POF 28VI16
Played on the Day of Mars and in the Hour of the Sun. Radical.
The Sun, L1, applies to Mars, L10. This is also the Lord of the Hour applying to the Lord of the Day. The Moon is in the 7th house and sextile the MC. There are testimonies either way. Burnley would probably have got it in a non-radical chart and without the Moon intervening, but then radicality saves the favourite and the Moon is on the scoring list. Does anyone feel like weighing it up?

I think Stoke will win at home under a similar chart chart (Asc 1LE44 MC 8AR01 POF 27VI10), since the favourite gathers the majority of testimonies. Burnley could manage a draw?
Stoke - Derby 3-1 ? Burnley-Arsenal 2-2 ?

I find these charts difficult to judge, especially as they are identical. I checked out previous examples of Moon sextile MC or trine IC to see which side was favoured, but no clear picture emerged.

Basically I haven't a clue, but I wish you luck with your predictions! :)

Basically I haven't a clue, but I wish you luck with your predictions! :)
Speculations, Ficina! What a mess! :(

Burnley - Arsenal 2-0
Stoke - Derby 0-1

Two premiership teams bite the dust to teams from the championship. No suprize seeing Burnley scoring two, but had no idea Arsenal would send their second team with so many young players. Only two men from the regular squad, newspapers said. I don't know what was wrong with Stoke. Derby were awarded a penalty in overtime.

I'm leaving the charts in the thread just so we can puzzle over the problem with games starting at the same time. If anyone can come up with an idea why the underdogs had success that would win the gold medal!

Andrew Bevan wrote: but had no idea Arsenal would send their second team with so many young players.
Arsene's kids are well-known here. It's one of his principles fielding young untested players at Carling Cup matches, even at the semi-final a few years ago. Those teenagers were sensational in the two previous Curling cup matches but it didn't work out for them last night.

As I wrote in the UEFA Cup thread, I suspect the hour ruler Mars being combust could have been one of the reasons it didn't work for the AC team (I gave the AC to Arsenal and Stoke).

Those teenagers were sensational in the two previous Carling cup matches.
Yes, they were. Both those games were played at the Emirates so perhaps it was more difficult for them last night without the backing of a home crowd? Not to take away from Burnley though, who have now knocked out both Chelsea and Arsenal!

Good point re combust hour ruler - not good for the faves per se or for the Asc team (depending on allocation method). Giving Arsenal the Asc makes more sense of Moon being in 7th.

The only other thing I noticed was Uranus conj Part of Victory. I discounted it because it wasn't partile, yet it was within 1? so with hindsight(!) it makes sense.

Ficina wrote: Not to take away from Burnley though, who have now knocked out both Chelsea and Arsenal!
Yes very impressive. It's good Championship teams are doing well :D

I'm not yet so sure about combust hour rulers but I have no other explanation rihgt now. I've seen just so many charts in the UEFA Cup and Champions League matches with the combust Sag Mars (hour ruler) giving a nice trine to the Leo AC(some of them partile) yet beaten by the DC. We've seen the LOH being 29 degs/VOC couldn't support the AC before; I'll keep an eye on the condition of hour rulers.

So you still haven't consigned POV to the scrap heap :)