Learn everything - then judge for yourself!
What horrid advice! Most of us don't live to be 120 years hold. Grabbing at techniques is a serious time-waster. Start with a firm philosophical basis and you will develop a sense for which techniques to pursue.

As for Kirk, just ignore him.

Even worse advice. The entertainment value alone is worth the perusal.

It was not my intention to provoke verbal disputes or contention between you or between other forum members. This is the problem with written words: you can`t hear accentuations in the voice, you can`t see gestures - so it`s sometimes difficult to decide how serious or ironic an argument is ment to be.

I reserve me the right to either follow or deny any advice - regardless from whom it is. Sure, it is not possible to grasp every existing technique. Hence everybody has to decide by himself how many he would like to face and how deep he would like to dig.

I am open to every advice, every opinion and every experience. I see this forum as a platform to learn from each other - even if there are sometimes quite contradictory ideas and approaches. This keeps everything exciting as long as we do not take it deadly serious :D .

Best wishes
J?rgen

As for Kirk, just ignore him.
Even worse advice. The entertainment value alone is worth the perusal.
Indeed, but remember the dictum " brevity is the soul of wit". As for humour Jurgen (sorry cannot type umlauts) it is important to laugh sometimes even though we all take the subject seriously.Irony can indeed be lost unless you add a lot of smiley faces to your posts and what one person finds funny another doesn't. Steven can't stand Morinus but I always smile when he denounces other authorities in his self-opinionated way.

Matt

Christmas is nearly here and the silly season is about to begin. But we seem to have moved from the question of whether the Sun could ever be unimportant, to the question of whether Kirk could ever be unimportant. (I find both propositions difficult to digest).
This is the problem with written words ? you can?t see gestures ?
At this stage, in this discussion, I am thinking that?s a good thing.

Kirk
When I hit my low point I just fall over.
Will that be on Hogmanay by any chance?

As it is the season of goodwill I shall now graciously forgive you for calling me a new-ager earlier this year.I was so upset at the time that even my Bach flower rescue remedies failed to calm me down and ony a tantric aromatherapy massage by my shakti restored my taoist inner smile. :brows

Merry Christmas everybody!

And "Ave Sol Invictus" (we do not want any Mithraists to feel left out do we?)

Matt

I think sometimes it`s very important to have people with contradictory attitudes and opinions. They can stir us up and refresh/enliven our thinking when it became deadlocked and stiff. But, in my opinion, everything depends not so much in what they say but the way how they say it - and then I can appreciate these spirits of contradiction.

@ Astrojin
Thank you very much! I`ll stay in touch with you.

I wish you all a merry Christmas :lala .

J?rgen