Match report January 2010

Match report January 2010

I'm starting this thread because I think that analysing games in hindsight may provide equally valuable as to understanding what goes on and is deciding in a football game. Today the match that receives this attention is the 1-1 draw between Reading and Liverpool in the FA Cup. The match has an individial starting time. Liverpool were fronting their first team and the result was an acheivement for Reading who are located towards the lower end of the Championship.

Reading 1 - 1 Liverpool, 17.15 GMT
Odds: 7.45 4.32 1.40
Asc 26CN33 MC 0AR01 Moon 9LE08 POF 23AQ29 POS 29SG37
Day Saturn, Hour Mercury/Moon - on the bridge
The guards are on the bridge according to Regiomonatnus, although it is still the hour of Mercury according to Placidus and the chart would not be radical. An unradical chart could move the result away from the favourite, while draws often seem to appear when the guards are caught on the bridge. If the hour had been of the Moon, then the chart would have been radical by sign - maybe this type offers virtue to the home team, but also noting that the Moon is in the first house and in the same sign as Mars, L10.

After 24 minutes Simon Church (born 10 Dec 1988) sensationally took the lead for Reading. Asc 0LE56 MC 6AR34 POF 28AQ05 POS 3CP46. The Asc has just recently changed sign and might indicate a change of pace. The Part of Spirit (the heros) is conjunct Pluto.

Gerrard (born 30 May 1980) equalized for Liverpool after 36 minutes of play. Asc 3LE05 MC 9AR50 POF 5CP40 POS 0PI22. Gerard's natal Sun is sextile the MC. Curiously, Gerrard has his Sun in Sagittarius close Church's Sun that is located in the 19th degree. Venus at 10CP03 is square the MC of the event chart when Liverpool get their equalizer.

Does anyone have anything to add?
Last edited by Andrew Bevan on Fri Jan 08, 2010 2:44 pm, edited 4 times in total.
http://www.astronor.com

I did look at this chart beforehand because the game was being shown on TV here. The first thing I noticed was Jupiter (blue-Reading) above horizon and Mars (red-Liverpool) below. Looked good for Reading until I saw Jupiter quincunx Asc which I thought might spoil things a bit. I then noted the lack of radicality - advantage underdogs, but also that the hour changed to Moon soon after kick-off. I wasn't sure whether this would favour Liverpool (as faves) or Reading, with Moon being L1.

From a football point of view, I didn't really believe Reading would get anything out of the game, but astrologically the draw probably makes sense.

Ficina wrote:From a football point of view, I didn't really believe Reading would get anything out of the game, but astrologically the draw probably makes sense.
You summed that up beautifully! :D

I think we might just note in future matches whether the angles change sign from the first to the second half, and if the planetary hour moves from one guard to another I want to record something on the quality of change, ie from Mercury to the Moon, or from the Moon to Saturn, may prove more adverse than from Mars to the Sun.

Maybe it is interesting that the Part of Spirit was in Sagittarius and Church was in fact both born in Sagittarius and the hero of the day?

FA Cup, 3 January

Man Utd 0 - 1 Leeds, 13.00 GMT
Odds: 1,22 5,50 11,50
Asc 26TA24 MC 23CP59 Moon 21LE26 POF 4CP48 POS 18LI00
Day Sun, hour Sun - in same sign as Venus, L1.
A presentation of this game has been in the Football predictions thread, but the match developed in such a remarkable fashion that it deserves a review here. Jermaine Beckford scored the only and winning goal for Leeds in the 19th minute, although this was an exciting match with a high pace. Leeds would give ManU no opportunity to build up their game and ManU were continously pushing pressure on the Leeds half of the pitch. The result could have gone either way and Leeds hit the woodwork in a magnificant shot at goal in the second half and a scramble in front of their own goal was only just about enough to prevent ManU scoring from the equalizer in extra time.

Beckford is born 9.12.1988 (!!), Sun 18 Sagittarius, and note that he is born ONLY one day before Church who scored for Reading in their match against Liverpool yesterday!! Transit Mars would be trine Bedford's Sun. The goal was scored with Asc 3GE31 MC 28CP31 POF 12CP06 POS 24LI56. POF is on the antiscia of Bedford's natal Sun.

While we seem to observe that the Lord of the Hour in the same sign as the Lady of ascendant is a testimony for the home team, in this case Veus, L1, was combust the Sun - an not neccessarily a positive. Algol was on the ascendant - and ManU were not able to score. POF was 4CP48 and square dispositor Saturn, an infortune. This could have assisted the underdog - and I would mention that Leeds is ruled by Libra, according to Bills, refering to Saturn's position and exaltation in 4LI33. The sextile from MC and Uranus did nothing for the favourites, but rather added to the upset and suprize. The sextile from Mars, L7, to POS (Part of Spirit) at 18LI00 might be noted as possible testimony for the underdogs, who were the heros of the day, and Beckford's natal Sun was sextile POS, too. :shock:

I must add that in Reading - Liverpool that while the first goal for Reading was scored by Sagittarius, the equalizer for Liverpool came from the opposite sign Gemini.

In the game between ManU and Leeds, the one and only goal came from Sagittarius, and Beckford and Church (Reading) are born close enough almost to be reckoned as astrological twins.

Owen came in for ManU in after 69 minutes. He failed to score, but I notice his birthday is 14 Dec 1979..