Question regarding houses for marriages

Does traditional astrology teach that you use 7th house for 1st marriage, 9th for 2nd, 11th for 3rd, and so forth?

If so, in looking ahead in your chart, if you want to analyze your marriage partner and you're on your 2nd or 3rd marriage, would you use the 9th or 11th house or the traditional marriage house (7th) in your analysis and when looking at your progressed/directed chart?

Thanks in advance,

RC

yuzuru wrote:That I know of, this is an idea of modern astrology !
And, unless you like to marry into the same family to save time, you probably won?t marry the brother (3rd house) from your ex-husband !
:-T
Ha!

Hi Yuzu:

Well then how do they tell marriage one apart from marriage 2?

RC

I don?t think there is just one simple way, or at least I haven?t discover it.

So, look for the ruler, almuten and planets inside the 7th houses, planets aspected by the moon (if a man) or by the sun (if your querent is a woman). See the parts of marriage.

Judge by majority of testimony if querent will marry and if it will have more than one partner, try to look what planet best describes the current, past and future partners.

Don?t try to do this on celebritie?s charts... or you will have to use every asteroid and communication satelyte in orbit :-)
Meu blog de astrologia (em portugues) http://yuzuru.wordpress.com
My blog of astrology (in english) http://episthemologie.wordpress.com

I don?t think there is just one simple way, or at least I haven?t discover it.
I agree.
So, look for the ruler, almuten and planets inside the 7th houses, planets aspected by the moon (if a man) or by the sun (if your querent is a woman). See the parts of marriage.

Judge by majority of testimony if querent will marry and if it will have more than one partner, try to look what planet best describes the current, past and future partners.
Anyway if we want follow Ptolemy, we should go in order of aspect, from the tighter to the wider by orb.

Anyway I agree with you, there is no a simple way.
Don?t try to do this on celebritie?s charts... or you will have to use every asteroid and communication satelyte in orbit :-)
:)
Traditional astrology at
http://heavenastrolabe.wordpress.com

Does traditional astrology teach that you use 7th house for 1st marriage, 9th for 2nd, 11th for 3rd, and so forth?
No traditional author or text that I am aware of does that.
Well then how do they tell marriage one apart from marriage 2?
It depends. Psychologists tell us we marry the same person over and over again. If that's right, we still use the 7th. The 7th cusp doesn't say "You will marry Sally Jones who is born on Aug 4, 1989 in Austin, Texas." It has a sign and a ruler and perhaps occupants, and that is descriptive of the spouse as well as astrology can describe it. Your 2nd or 3rd spouse will probably fit the description even if their personalities are different. If you remarry 4 or 5 times, I'd imagine you are the problem and looking at the 7th is less important than looking at the first.

If marrying person A the first time didn't work, perhaps marrying the same person a second time won't work either. I believe what Frawley suggested was instead of making the same mistake twice (because your ex couldn't have possibly made such a mistake), look for a partner that is described by the Lord of the Geniture rather than going for the 7th house again.

You might wish to look at the triplicity rulers of the 7th. That worked for me, but I wouldn't recommend this method for dependability. I have Aquarius on the 7th in a day chart; day ruler is Saturn, and the night ruler is Mercury. My first wife had an Aquarius Sun and my current wife has a Virgo Sun.

You might also look to the ruler of the 7th as descriptive of the second spouse, although why it would describe the second and not the first is unclear. Morin would immediately look towards any occupants of the 7th as representing the spouse more than the sign on the cusp, particularly if the occupying planet had an analogy with the 7th, e.g Venus, the Moon (in a man's chart) or the Sun (in a woman's chart). Actually the Sun is my addition. Morin probably would not have bothered looking at a woman's chart.

Finally look to the dispositor of the ruler of the 7th for additional spouses and see if that planet connects in some way to the 7th or the ASC. But mostly, the 7th will describe each and every spouse as much as the chart can do.

Tom

I'm married for the second time and my 7th ruler describes my second spouse better than my first one. Or in a way it describes both. The first marriage was a brief one in the youth and I consider my current spouse to be the "real thing".

Sari

Tom wrote: Psychologists tell us we marry the same person over and over again.
In Giuseppe Bezza's group they say if in a chart there is reason to think there are several marriages (as Yuzuru pointed, when the Moon is applying to several planets before leaving her sign) and she is in a mutable sign, it signifies a different kind of wife every marriage, but in the same condition in a Cardinal sign, the native will marry always the same kind of woman.

Fixed signs means no second marriage at all.

Margherita
Traditional astrology at
http://heavenastrolabe.wordpress.com

Gjiada wrote:In Giuseppe Bezza's group they say if in a chart there is reason to think there are several marriages (as Yuzuru pointed, when the Moon is applying to several planets before leaving her sign) and she is in a mutable sign, it signifies a different kind of wife every marriage, but in the same condition in a Cardinal sign, the native will marry always the same kind of woman.

Fixed signs means no second marriage at all.
But how about women and their husbands? Should we look at the Sun instead of the Moon?