In case it has skipped notice, I'd like to suggest everyone look at the 00 Aquarius on each of the charts.... I dont know why but I just realized myself ... Not certain what I"d open a topic on for that, but willing to make it another topic...

Granny

They mentioned on CNN that Barack became president as of noon even though the oath hadn't been administered. Apparently it's in the Constitution that the president elect officially becomes president at that moment.

Granny_Skot is right on timing.

I watched the inauguration live on BBC News online like many others. Obama's taking of the oath was slightly delayed and I noted this was completed at 12.05 local time.

I think the oath is a formal requirement before a person becomes
President. The technical process seems to be around noon, the president-elect is sworn in by the Chief Justice, using the form mandated in the Constitution that goes like "I do solemnly swear (or affirm) that I will faithfully execute the office of President of the United States, and will to the best of my ability, preserve, protect, and defend the Constitution of the United States."

The constitiution makes no reference to God in the oath of office.

If the oath of office is a mere technicality why has every President since George Washington done it? One might argue its the oath thats more crucial than the timing. When John F Kennedy was assasinated Lyndon Johnson was not declared the new President until he was sworn in by the Chief Justice in a plane!

And no the whole world wasn't watching CNN! The BBC is tops!

Mark