Hi, Andrew.
If you read again, you will see that the remark quoted was from Kirk, I was only agreeing :D

But you gave a good example: the sports forum. In the moment is my favorite forum and it is always a pleasure to follow the discussions because:

1 - there is no fighting, because there is no reason to fight... everybody has the same goal, to score more points !
2 - no bickering because there is no reason to argue "no, Frawley is wrong", or "I use the ASC as home team". Everybody use what they want and next week we share our continuous envy of Deb?s score !
3- is a continuous exercise on the importance of technique and humbleness. There is no "I am an astrologer for 20 years..." it doesn?t matter ! Just put your money where your mouth is !

If possible, the model of the sports forum should be followed by all astrological research: focus on prediction, clear, non-ambiguos predictions declared beforehand, continuous feedback, an open and non biased discussion of the results, and a humble actitude to learn from our mistakes.
Meu blog de astrologia (em portugues) http://yuzuru.wordpress.com
My blog of astrology (in english) http://episthemologie.wordpress.com

Hi Andrew
I have many times compared it to parachute jumping. You can see your target from up above, but you have to hit it dead - if you land marginally outside the target area you score no points.
Surely if you land outside the area in parachute jumping you can die.
Also, astrologers often claim some points even when mainly wrong. Mr timashev predicts that for Obama things will be
generally unclouded till summer 2011 when lots of problems would gradually appear culminating in spring 2012 when physical elimination (or at least a successful attempt on his life) is highly possible.
So Mr Timashev will doubtless be keeping his fingers crossed. Not sure what the difference is between physical elimination and a successful attempt on his life, but you can bet your boots that if someone manages to slightly injure Obama at any time from now on, Mr Timashev will claim some credit for "successful prediction". And if they don't, well he can always remind us again of "a possibility of Kenyan birth..."
Please...
Graham

Three cheers for both Yuzuru and Kirk, then! :D

Let's put the problem another way: I wasn't expecting McCain to win. It didn't look as if the election was flowing his way. I wasn't expecting the prediction of his victory to be correct but it would have provided me with both a reason and approach for examining the facts if Obama had been defeated.

Obama won about 2/3 of the delegates so the result of the election leant very much in his direction, but McCain won 1/3 of the delegates - an from a personal or individualistic point of view that is a true acheivement! It is still possible to get the details in a muddle!
http://www.astronor.com

Hi Yuzuru

I too think that these people who pride themselves in being able to pick the winner out of two nominees, should spend some time in the sports forum ? or at least they should be made to predict, not only the winner, (for which they should get only 1 point), but also the number of votes by which they won (for which they would get 3).

I never considered applying astrology to the US election because to me, and absolutely everyone I knew, it was completely obvious that BO would win from the moment McCain entered the race. I mean, come on ?

Just after the election last week someone wrote a post in the horary forum saying that they had predicted a win for BO, and if they?d published it beforehand it would have been a great prediction. No it wouldn?t. If all we care about is ?who will win?? then all astrologers have a 50-50% chance of getting it right; (compared with a 99%-1% chance of getting it right if they put the astrology aside :) )

I think it is much better to study these charts as events unfold, and remember that they are very small pieces of a huge picture.

As for this thread, I do not take it seriously. It is impossible to see the logic of saying that the proposed rectified chart cannot be trusted ?until it thoroughly verified and confirmed by making the successful future predictions? ? which is then followed by a precise prediction of an assassination attack!

I think this thread is a lesson to us all.

i agree w/deb -- ever since bo senatorial campaign, which was majikly won -- his opposition both in the primary (blair hull) and main event (jack ryan) imploded, much like the us economy did the last weeks of the presidential campaign -- i'd been saying when he campaigns he walks on water, and this prior to the horoscope --

about the voc moon at his declaration in february 2007 -- note his 28 degree scorpio MC -- this factor personally obviates the v/o/c in those instances where the moon is in an applying aspect to his MC -- what are the cookbook definitions of an "anarectic" MC -- last minute saves?, or some such -- the Inauguration voc Moon at 29SC 45 is right on his 10th house cusp