Harry Redknapp and Spurs

From the October predictions thread:
Andrew wrote:I would expect some natural momentum in the nativity of Harry Redknapp, considering he just has been appointed as manager for Spurs.
Gem wrote:I only had a cursory look but don't see anything special going on in Redkanpp's chart(2/3/1947 London), maybe except the NNode is on his sidereal natal Sun?
I couldn't see much either but if you set the chart for 12.42am, transiting Uranus is conj his MC. His natal Uranus is also being picked up, as is Spurs' natal Uranus. The Saturn opposition is also involved of course. With slower-moving planets it would be better if the aspects were closer or being triggered by a faster moving planet, so perhaps this isn't terribly convincing, but I can't see anything else and it's difficult to apply other predictive methods without exact times.

Data for Spurs is 5 Sept 1882. I was looking at this chart a couple of weeks ago to try and see why Spurs had made such a bad start to the season. I set the chart for 11.45am, Tottenham, so that transiting Saturn was conj MC on 16 Aug (first day of the season) and then went on to conj natal Sun. It's now reached natal Uranus, as mentioned above.

My speculative birth times are very simplistic I know and I realise a proper rectification would mean checking out lots of significant events (not just one!) which I don't really have the time to do at the moment.

Interesting that HR's natal Sun is opp Spurs' natal Sun.

Thanks for the interesting therad :D

I'm not yet sure if I can agree on the date for Spurs. Problem is that the only sources I have right now are Wikipedia and the official website and they don't give you enough information, the exact dates for example... where did you get the date from?

I notice each club attracts and emphasises certain signs and for Spurs I often see Libra among the players.
Last edited by Gem on Fri Oct 31, 2008 4:37 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Station Mercury on Oct. 15 appears to cast its antiscia to the place of Mercury in Footy Pisces his nativity.The question is which houses Mercury rules in his natal chart. If if has credits in the 10th, then it could make some sense.

If would suggest a Virgo ascendant with Gemini on the 10th. I would try 9Virgo on the asc, which puts early Gem on his Midheaven with the Sun on the cusp of the 7th. Conveniently, his Age Point would cross the fixed star Regulus and enter Leo disposed by his angular Pisces Sun in the 7th at the time of his take-over of Spurs and this sudden success.
http://www.astronor.com

Ficina
I haven't even looked at the 5/9/1882 chart... wanted more dates but that link is perfect! Fascinating! I've only skimmed through it but will read it when I have more time.

As regards Redkanpp, he doesn't appear phlegmatic at all... with Sun and Mercury in Pisces, Moon in Cancer, and Jupiter in Scorpio... I wondered if I got the right date.

Ficina
Your local paper has got wonderful archives. Has it got any other football clubs in their archives?

The date 5/9/1882 seems to be a very good date and as you pointed out it makes sense in terms of transits and the synastry with Harry. But I also want to get the date in 1884 when they changed the name 'The Hotspur' to Tottenham Hotspurs. Please let me know if anyone has got it.

I have the FA Cup Final chart(17/5/2008 Wembley 15:00) at hand and see that Harry's natal Mercury was activated by transiting Uranus (partile conjunction) and Jupiter( partile sextile) on that day, leading me to think that it may make sense to look at the manager's chart at important matches.
Arsene Wenger's and Jose Mourhinio's are available (complete with the time of birth) from : www.astrotheme.fr/EN
Last edited by Gem on Sat Nov 01, 2008 8:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Hi Gem, it really is a fascinating read isn't it? When I said "local paper" I meant it was local to the Tottenham area. I just came across the website when I was googling. Since they started off calling themselves 'Hotspur F.C.' I thought that was pretty close to the name they use now, unlike many other clubs who changed their names completely, often several times.

I don't know when they changed the name to Tottenham Hotspur but it may be somewhere on that site. If you go back to the home page, there's a whole list of dates and articles to browse through.

You've definitely got Harry's birthdate correct. I saw him being interviewed yesterday and I think I can see him as phlegmatic.

Interesting comments on the change of name from Hotspur to Tottenham Hotspur. Mention is made on the link provided by Ficina.

I assume it was confirmed at the AGM in 1884 and the first game afterwards was a 'club' game on 27/9/1884.

This date seems favourite for THFC!

Thanks Ficina and John
I only managed to find the date of the first match at White Hart Lane ( 4/9/1899).
I'll write to the club to get some more information.

I'll write to the club to get some more information.
You might consider buying it, but it is probably a bit late for that now! :lol:

Harry Hotspur - that sounds a bit like Billy's Boots or Harmish Hotshot!!?
I've still got some copies of my Tiger and Scorcher from the 70's lying about the place...
http://www.astronor.com

I was thinking of Harry along the line of Harry Potter with a magic wand. Spurs had only two points out of 8 games but since Harry's arrival, they had 7 points out of 3 games, which is really amaging, drawing with Arsenal and beating Liverpool :shock: They're finally out of the bottom of the table and I don't think we have to worry about relegation any more (a sign of relief....)

It seems that the name 'Hotspur' is integral to the identiy of the club. I've found that the Hotspur chart is the most valid one. Name alterations, as long as they keep 'Hotspur', can be referred back to the chart in Sep 1882.

Probably same for Royal Arsenal, though I haven't looked at them yet.

By the way I must repeat: I love the booklet :D (link given by Ficina above)