Football Predictions November 2008

Hi everyone,

So another month is about to begin with the usual reminder to post date, time and Asc of the match chart please. If the MC is near a sign cusp, it would be useful to post that also to ensure we are all looking at the same chart.

Another request is for members to give their astrological reasoning (however brief) to back up their predictions, rather than just saying "I think team X will win." It doesn't matter which method you use. As we know, many roads lead to Rome - hopefully!

Good luck everybody :'

PL fixtures (bottom left) http://www.premierleague.com/page/Home

Bookies' odds http://www.oddschecker.com/

Re: Football Predictions November 2008

Ficina wrote:Another request is for members to give their astrological reasoning (however brief) to back up their predictions, rather than just saying "I think team X will win." It doesn't matter which method you use. As we know, many roads lead to Rome - hopefully!
This is a good point. To tell you the truth I don't really care who gets right results or how many points you obtained, etc. This is an Astrology forum and I enjoy and appreciate exchainging ideas, discussing and probing charts and techniques.

Good point, Gem, which leads me to yet another request. Anything relating to the Guardian competition - how many points we've got etc - should ideally be posted on the Take Part thread since it's not really relevant to this thread. I know we'll forget sometimes but let's try and stick to astrology and football here, as well as the usual banter of course :)

I agree with all the above (and will try to behave myself).

Everton v Fulham ? 12:45 pm GMT, London, 1st Nov.

I?ve only had time for quick glances at the charts, trying to pick out some strong astrological themes to base the prediction of how the game will be played. This chart has Jupiter rising and Mars conjunct the MC, so I think it will be a very ?strong? game. Also, the Moon is going from the square of Saturn to the square of Uranus, so I think the crowd will experience disappointments and surprises. I?m not sure what that means really, except I think there will be a lot of goals, with maybe a goal being disallowed. I?m expecting this to be a clear victory to one team rather than a draw.

Any other ideas?

The Moon squaring Uranus so closely should produce some kind of upset I would think. Antiscion Venus (L4) conj Asc is a positive for Fulham. The chart is radical (hour ruler Saturn) and, as Deb says, Jupiter is rising - both good news for Everton, the home team and odds-on faves.

Weighing up these testimonies, I can't see Everton winning somehow, so I'm trying to decide between a draw or a Fulham win.

(Deb, I guess that was a slip of the fingers that you typed London rather than Liverpool :wink: Asc is 14 Cap, yes?)

Also the astro-statistics are in favour of Fulham. I've analyzed AS and Moon in sign position for Everton and Fulham and all info's points to a Fulham win. But now I'm not so convinced that will be this output because of the last 2 rounds where the result where not concludent.

Dan
Living Astrology Blog

Everton-Fulham
AC: 13 Cap 59

Chart is radical and as Deb pointed out, with Jupiter on the AC and Mars on the MC, I thought it looked good for Everton at first but the aspects Moon makes may be tricky for Everton.
Ficina wrote:The Moon squaring Uranus so closely should produce some kind of upset I would think.
Agreed and Uranus also opposes Saturn, who is in the 8th.

I'm unable to make up my mind.

Hi Gang

I'm going with Everton this time - the Moon as L7 seems to get itself into way too much trouble!

Also - NN and Pof in 1st house, in addition to the other testimonies, seem to point to a superior L1 (Everton)

As for score - I'm toying with something outlandish like 3-1. :D

Tallyho,
Susie

SusieN wrote: the Moon as L7 seems to get itself into way too much trouble!
Yes you're right! You've helped me to narrow it down to a draw or Everton win.

Andrew J. Bevan wrote:Would someone check the angles of this chart? I am totally lost. With a game start at 12.45 pm I get Asc 20CP16 and MC 24SC40?
I think you have set the chart for London rather than Liverpool.

I agree some of the 3pm games are awkward. In three of them we have Mercury (L7) partile sextile MC. I don't know if this aspect will work as well as the trine aspect that we've seen in previous games. And in two of those games Jupiter (L1) is sextile Asc! What effect will Uranus/Saturn straddling Asc/Desc have, if any? In some charts it's closer than in others.

I still haven't decided whether L7 partile opp POF is a positive or negative factor. This aspect occurs in Spurs/L'pool and Stoke/Arsenal.

So at the moment I have more questions than answers :-?

L7 opp POF was most definitely a negative for Arsenal. Not only did they lose 2-1 to Stoke, but they had two players stretchered off and one sent off!

L7 sextile MC worked for away underdogs, Wigan, who beat Portsmouth 2-1.

Earlier today Everton beat Fulham 1-0 with an 87th minute goal. So near, yet so far :( Well done to everybody who went for Everton :'