Re Villa/MSK Zilina
This is another test for cadent antiscion L7 conj MC - only 12' away this time. I have Jupiter as hour ruler so chart is still radical.

However, in Wolfsburg/Portsmouth game, 8.45pm CET (Asc 12?11' Leo) Mars is hour ruler. Will its combust state save Portsmouth? This is a must-win game for them to have any chance of qualifying. Moon is conj antiscion POF which would favour Wolfsburg as faves :(

I have Jupiter as hour ruler so chart is still radical.
I thought you would say that. Whether Jupiter rules the ascendant by triplicity, or the hour is on the cusp of Jupiter/Mars (because the quadrant lord of the hour is definately Mars) (shall we call it a split decision), both these testimonies may go in direction of a draw. :???:

Or does Mars, as Lord of Hour, being combust - cause obstacles for the favourite?
http://www.astronor.com

Ficina wrote: Will its combust state save Portsmouth? (
Hope so.
Moon is conj antiscion POF which would favour Wolfsburg as faves
As it's separating, there's still hope ( I have POF at 29 Libra 50).

Andrew wrote:
both these testimonies may go in direction of a draw. Confused
I agree.

I've had a quick look at some of the other games tonight, at Heerenveen, Copenhagen and Nancy. Combust Mars is hour ruler in all three charts, so it will be interesting to see how these turn out too.

I'll go for a win for Villa, then I can cheer them on in front of the TV tonight :) And I'll be keeping everything crossed for Portsmouth!

Aston Villa - Zilina 1-2

Great for astrology. The chart suggested trouble in the works. Antiscia Saturn, L7, cast to the MC got it! Moon in Pisces caused trouble for the B'ham team.

Accepting Mars as the Lord of the Hour (?) and Gem's observation that the Lord of the Hour being combust destroys the matter for the favourite, makes perfect sense. Out of the 8 UEFA games played 3 games ended a draw, 4 games ended away and one game showed a home win.

One game out of 8 was won by the ascendant. Poor Portsmouth. :(
It's difficult to find convicton when the team you are cheering for
is on the wrong end of the balance...

I didn't look at Copenhagen but S Prague was beaten by Hamburg with LOH Mars and Leo AC and Lech Poznan drew with a similar chart. But as the Sun is finally separating from Mars, the affliction will be lessened.
Wolfsburg were odds on faves after all and were hard to beat them at home, I guess.

the Lord of the Hour being combust destroys the matter for the favourite
Unless they're German teams apparently, since Wolfsburg and Hamburg were the only faves who managed to win last night.

As for Villa, I hardly recognised them. O'Neill made 8 changes since they only needed a draw to qualify and most of the key players were on the bench. As it turned out they've qualified anyway, even though they lost!

Shame about Portsmouth but I guess the writing was on the wall after they drew against AC Milan. Oh well....

The bookies varied but the majority went for Hamburg. I agree it was pretty close though and certainly not as clear-cut as Wolfsburg who were just about odds-on with most of the bookies. Portsmouth put up a good show really. It was 2-2 for a long time before Wolfsburg eventually scored the winning goal.

Wednesday, Dec.17

Hamburg - Aston Villa, 20.45 CET
Odds: 1,80 3,55 3,95
Asc 21LE05 MC 5TA20 Moon 6VI24 POF 1TA14
Played on the Day of Mercury and in the Hour of the Moon. Not radical.
I would point out I am a Villa-fan in this context, but the betties hold Villa as underdogs. The chart lacking radicality moves the result away from the favourites. The Moon applies to the trine of her dispositor, Mercury, who is in mutual reception with Saturn, L7. POF at 1TA14 is trine Pluto through signs of short ascension. All these testimonies may favour the underdogs, so a bet on Villa seems fair at a good price!

AC Milan - Wolfsburg, 20.45GMT, 45N27, 9E12
Odds: 1,85 3,40 4,00
Asc 16LE35 MC 4TA31 Moon 6VI24 POF 26AR43
Milan, who are favourites, should still win their match since the Sun, L1, is trine POF.

The duplet gives the odds of 7,31:1
--------------------------------------------

Portsmouth - Heerenveen, 19.45 GMT
Asc 11LE51 MC 23AR43 Moon 6VI24 POF 21AR59
Odds: 1,67 3,50 5,00
Played in the Hour of the Moon. Not radical.
Venus, L4, is conjunct the North Node and sits on the cusp of the 7th. Unfortunately for Portsmouth there could be a suprize here. It's an exciting bet, anyhow!

Milan (Ita) - Wolfsburg (Ger) 2-2
Portsmouth (Eng) - Heerenveen (Ned) 3-0
Ajax (Ned) - Slavia Prague (Cze) 2-2
Hamburg (Ger) - Aston Villa (Eng) 3-1

Well, I got absolutely nothing right this evening, but the betties were well off mark as well. Favourites like Milan and Ajax only managed a draw. Portsmouth, however, showed off their stuff while Villa had to bite the dust in Germany. The curious thing is that were I thought the underdogs would succeed the favourites held strong - however, where I thought the favourites would win they only managed a draw! How strange! Something to do with the lack of radicality? :shock:

Astrology might not be effective at this stage in the tornament, when the validity of some of the games was questionable. For example, Villa jad been alerady qualified and didn't have to win; and both Portsmouth and Hereenveen had already been out rendering the game same as a freindly.

In such cases some teams don't often seem to play to the maximum potential indicated in the chart.