Lunations question

Hi there do any of you use lunations for mundane astology prediction? I'm interested in which you use and why. For instance my understanding is that the lunation most closely preceding Capricorn ingress is used for the year, but if you look at these lunations, the Full Moon afterwards on December 24th seems to show the financial perils of this year quite well -
ie Moon conjunct Mars in Cancer (so natural 4th for property etc) opp the banker's Jupiter which is combust in Capricorn and damaged by Pluto too. Venus is square to Neptune - and of course the banking/valuation crisis really started to blow up when Venus opposed from Leo late July/August and then really came to a head when it reached Scorpio in late September to complete a square again.

So I'm tempted to think maybe I should be looking at lunations closest in proximity to ingresses.
Any opinions??
mike c

Hi Mike,
I used to do Astro*Cartography charts on the lunations every month to get an idea of where tension was on the build and in which areas there was relief. I recall how this was quite striking during both the tension in Iraq Conflict and the War in Kosovo. Now I can't say I have worked a lot with the lunation preceding the ingress, but rather I take note of the lord of every lunation and give the condition of this planet, its motion, transits or configurations - particular consideration in the period of observation.
http://www.astronor.com