Watch Stock Market on Nov 4 Election Day

There are some heavy duty aspects of the New York Stock Exchange on Nov. 4th. I have posted the chart below. I believe there will be a sharp drop/decline on Nov. 4th. I have used May 17, 1792, for the natal chart for the NYSE, (same as what Ray Merriman uses)., with the progressed and transits for this Nov. 4th.

Transits:
Mars Strong in Scorpio just entered 4th, T square Prog. Uranus in 12th and Prog. Pluto conj. Tr. Neptune in Aquarius in 6th. Transiting Mars activating the opposition of Prog. Uranus in 12th opposed to Prog. Pluto conjuct Tr. Neptune. Will the Cover-up be exposed? Violence erupting in the Stock Exhange? Or MORE ACTION to KEEP THE MANIPULATIONS HIDDEN (Neptune conjunct Pluto, and Uranus in 12th?) Mars indicated losses, however is is in exact conjunction with Prog. Jupiter, BIG LOSSES on the Wall Street floor (Mars/Prog. Jupiter) in 4th house of NYSE home. Both exact square with Prog Pluto/Trans. Neptune conjunction,: Opposed to Uranus RX in Leo in the 12th!

In addition, Tr. Saturn is Exact Conj w/ Prog. N. Node and Natal Mars, on the cusp of the 2nd hse. Transiting Pluto conjunct Prog. Sun in Sag. Power Struggles in 5th house of speculation, Jupiter disposes both and is squaring the opposition (Pluto conj Nept oppos. Uranus). However the saving grace may be Venus on Nov. 6th, conjuncting Prog. MC in Sag, which may bring it back up, from Nov. 6th to th 11th or 12 of Nov. But a temp. spike.

So Any other takers on this? Other views, or forecastings?
Data: NYSE - May 17, 1792, 11:30:31 AM LMT, New York, USA.

I forgot to add that the Trans. Saturn, opposition with Tr. Uranus, which is what has been causing the volatility of the markets (among a host of other things, Saturns fear factor, Pluto close to 0 Cap, etc, So I feel we have been building up to this and they will be exact on Nov. 4th, Election Day! Out with the old in with the New (?) regarding the election, however, for the stock market, conjunct Prog. N.Node and Natal Mars, with Tr. Uranus on the Prog. ASC.

Should make for a VERY interesting day! I believe filled with volatility. I need to do a US chart for that day to eek out more details!

Perhaps fire, explosion or just great losses on that day. But looking away from Astrology, I cannot figure out why and what would cause this on Election Day. Maybe McCain will win, and fears of the same administration will cause a loss on the markets? Or OBama and people afraid of debt to pay for his programs??? Not sure. Still working on it.

Any one else's take? I HOPE I am wrong!!
Looking forward to being wrong.

Morning sun

see the stock world is such a complicated, and to tell the true, boring affair. I can give here my opinion, hopefully it will be of use.

1 - have you tried this chart and your method in other crisis periods? For example, I think it was in march of this year, we have a great fall when jupiter made his trig with saturn. Maybe you could try and ask for yourself "could have I predicted it ?"

2 - there are a lot of other techniques beside transits and progressions. In
http://www.amanita.at/e/e-reading.htm there are some of them. Maybe a combination of signs of crisis in two or three techniques could "raise the red flag".

3 - maybe using non-astrological techniques, mainly technical analysis. Merridian says to only use astrology when there is also signs from technical analysis.

Remember that in general the "default option" wins and nothing out of ordinary happens in every any day.
Meu blog de astrologia (em portugues) http://yuzuru.wordpress.com
My blog of astrology (in english) http://episthemologie.wordpress.com

Hello Yuzuru,

Thank you for your suggestions. 3 out of the 4 have already done. Red Flags ALL over the place, as well as non-astrology, techniques, research and market cycles/waves and trends, as well as world economy!

It's always good to use your peers as a sounding board! Especially since my Saturn is in the 12th, I may be interpreting through a lens of fear!

Thanks!

Thanks very much for pointing this out MorningSun - it's certainly very interesting.

It's not hard to see why there might be a big change in the stock market at that time; this week's trading suggests to me that the market wants to move a long way, but doesn't know which way. Election day should remove one major source of uncertainty, so I wouldn't be surprised if the market remains highly volatile until the 4th and then either surges or crashes (or perhaps just becomes paralysed).

With so much being activated by outer planets it certainly looks like a period of major change, but I find, as often as not, the importance of a time only becomes apparent in retrospect. Without looking at other periods in the exchange's history that have had similarly weighty planetary combinations (and at what's happening with the charts of other stock exchanges now), I doubt that you will be able to predict much more than 'interesting times'.

But I'll guess that the Jupiter conjunction to progressed Mercury on the 9th (aspecting the Saturn/Uranus opposition) will initiate another phase in whatever will be happening. The initial conjunction back in March was when Bear Stearns was taken over, which I think was when a lot of people woke up to how serious the current situation is.

Malcolm

Re: Watch Stock Market on Nov 4 Election Day

Hi MorningSun,

What sticks out for me is the position of transiting Saturn in Virgo conjoined to the progressed North Node at 18-Virgo and Uranus's transit over the progressed South Node.

Saturn "deflates" prices, and we will continue to see this reflected on Wall Street for some time, until Saturn and Uranus pass out of orb of the natal chart's Lunar nodes along the Aries/Libra axis in 2011.

This means that this year will continue to see deflation of prices on Wall Street, with rises and falls continuing in 2009, and 2010, interspersed with deeper drops in prices when Saturn is direct, and rises in prices with Jupiter direct. However, between now and early 2011, we can expect to see prices of stocks much lower.
Theo

Theo,

Yes that is my assessment also, with the addition of Pluto into Capricorn, bringing MAJOR Changes in investing, stock markets, regulations, a whole new transformation as to how the system works.

I pulled up the Crash of 1929, and the aspects at that time were not as severe as they are at this time, this is only the first past of the Saturn / Uranus Opposition, I haven't pulled up those dates yet, but will.

In my opinion, astrologically, as well as current conditions, I believe this financial crisis is far worse than the average person believes.

My fear is a run on the banks, with so many losing large sums of their pensions. The banks do not have the money. The US had to borrow the 770B, from China. For a person to withdraw that, they must contact the bank before hand so they will have the money when you come in.

The chart above shows some serious times now as well as ahead. With Pluto into Capricorn, was the tax revolt of the Colonists towards Britain, as well as the Continental Congress and ultimately, the American Revolution. Major Changes and shifts in Power, mainly for those that HAVE or HAD the power, which will now shift to those up and coming countries. That has already started, we saw a preview of that when Pluto entered Capricorn, then RX and now it will be back to stay in Cap. for 15 years. The Power last time Pluto was in Cap, shifted from Britain to the US. Now I think it is shifting away from the US to who?, maybe China, it seems so. In the US Progressed Chart, Mars is in Libra, detrimented and RX.

The above NYSE Chart, has verification in so many aspects that I listed that Nov. 4th will be a memorable day for Wall Street, give a day or two either side of Nov. 4th.

Stock Market and Credit Crisis

Yes, the month of November is really dangerous for Wall Street. Close to the election, yes, as we are going to see a reaction to the winner. I forecasted last year that Obama will become the next president. How the markets react to this is more about how they react to what is happening right now. Do you feel like you're living in an Ayn Rand novel?

I totally agree with you on Pluto and its entry into Capricorn MorningSun. I think we both are keeping some things unsaid from what we are seeing in these (and other) transits to the US chart, and in the charts of other nations, especially western. I do not like the fact that transiting Pluto in Capricorn will square the chart's Dragon's Head and Tail on the Aries/Libra axis. Saturn is heading towards the western equinox point (Libra) and will conjoin the charts's Dragon's Head as Uranus heads towards the eastern equinox point (Aries) and conjuncts the South Lunar Node ~ this indicates some very strange events concerning the markets on Wall Street. I've loked into this, and would strongly advise those making the major governmental decisions to navigate these waters very, very carefully.

Things are worse than is now being revealed, that's for sure, and extend much further into the future. Have you looked into what the central banks have done? The influx of trillions into the world's banks will lead to hyper-inflation if something is not done (I think its too late) and result in some very tought times in the mid-2010s ~ see those global transits of 2014, 2015, 2016. The problem now is "Deflation" from the wild speculation that has run rampant everywhere. The big foot of government regulators and investigators has come down on hedge funds, mortgage derivatives, investment banks, commercial banks, and commodities traders, futures speculators ~ everyone. There's going to be an attempt to go after the "rich" ~ and there is a real danger of class warfare (see Saturn's opposition to Uranus) ~ under this transit from Nov. 2008 to early 2011. The pressures on all classes will be quite strong, and there's so much pressure on nations, even Iceland's banks have gone broke!

It is scary how this financial crisis has been portrayed up to this time; however, the truth (s) will come out in the year or so ahead, with the transits of the superior planets, especially that of Jupiter, Saturn, Uranus and Pluto. In the short-term, we will see some relief right after Nov. 27 when Pluto passes into Capricorn, and those last aspects to the Moon will end, and be relieved by more favorable aspects in December. Saturn stations retrograde Dec. 31st ~ I expect prices to stabilise with the November trine to Jupiter, and continue into winter and early spring, but Jupiter is direct through mid-June 2009, and this causes some instability with attempted price hikes from December to June. The Age Of Materialism and the resultive greed & corruption of the last 28 years overall and the last eight years in particular has been more insidous than most know MorningSun. You do realize that all the investment banks in New York ceased to exist as of late September 2008, yes?

Your chart of Wall Street has some very scary transits ahead, that Pluto transit, the Saturn transit, and opposition to Uranus ~ are very active in this, and the U.S., and the UK chart, as well as with many other nations. This is truly global, and it concerns me because no, if we look at the charts, and world transits, we know that this is just the beginning. You know, I warned of last autumn's transits, which were a sign of what has happened this fall. We've got a lot of problems coming up in the years ahead, and there's been so much arrogance and corruption in the financial and credit markets, banks, companies, that it is really incredible that this has been allowed to happen. I see the major regulations you mentioned, the changes in laws, rules, etc., to continue all through 2009 and result in some revolutionary changes in how we spend, and use money. This is shown by the coming Jupiter-Uranus conjunction in 2010, and of course Pluto in Capricorn and the energies of the Saturn-Uranus oppositions that are very strong starting with the first exact opposition on US General Election Day and continuing through to early 2011.

There transits show major historic times ahead, and it's just started. Are you holding your breath? I am.
Theo

Andrew J. Bevan wrote:Personally, I think the election will be a non-event for the stockmarkets. Everything is priced into the market in advance. What could be interesting is that 'whoever does win the election' has to face some of the issues that have been outlined in the above.
I'm not sure how you reconcile your first sentence with the last, Andrew.

I'd have thought that how the next president handles the turmoil will have quite an impact on how the economy performs over the next few years, and most investors/speculators will have views on how each candidate will do. I don't see how that level of uncertainty can be priced into the market in advance.

Malcolm

Andrew,

There are NO NON-EVENTS, when it comes to the stock market. Everything affects the stock market immediately!! It is VERY reactive!!

What THEO is saying is exactly what I also see and FEEL!! I know you are trying to put calm in this situation, but go back and see what happened in 1762, the last time Pluto entered Capricorn! When THEO mentions class wars, tax revolts, the British raised taxes to "Pay for the cost of War". That is exactly what the US has got to do! The Shifts in Global Power at that time, American Revolution, land taken away from those that had it. All that DID happen! The Great Depression, had similar transits. And we are only beginning to see this unfold before our eyes.

I put this out there to see what other astrologers are interpreting. As I stated I hope I am WRONG!! There are always different slants and a host of ways planetary energies can manifest. However, in this case there are too many heavy hitting transits coming up to ignore.

In looking back at history, the many fallen empires, were at a peak of greed and corruption, very prosperous, how could they have fallen?

I know this sounds so gloomy, and the world will go on, changed mind you, but the point of astrology is to give warning, to be prepared, to show the changing times, which way the wind is blowing. Not to obsess about it, but to be prepared!

As to the actual physical manifestations that will occur, and the intensity of it, is very much open for discussion, none of us has a crystal ball, we can only go back and see what happened in any given aspect, and apply those lessons, of what happened in the past to what is occuring before our eyes.

There is some saving grace in all this, that the world is in this together!! Perhaps this will usher in (towards the end of Pluto/Cap) a new era, of countries working with each other in a new light, with the realization we are truly all in this together, one world, one planet. But I think all that will be a process and a ways down the road.

MorningSun wrote:Andrew,

There are NO NON-EVENTS, when it comes to the stock market. Everything affects the stock market immediately!! It is VERY reactive!!

What THEO is saying is exactly what I also see and FEEL!! I know you are trying to put calm in this situation, but go back and see what happened in 1762, the last time Pluto entered Capricorn! When THEO mentions class wars, tax revolts, the British raised taxes to "Pay for the cost of War". That is exactly what the US has got to do! The Shifts in Global Power at that time, American Revolution, land taken away from those that had it. All that DID happen! The Great Depression, had similar transits. And we are only beginning to see this unfold before our eyes.

I put this out there to see what other astrologers are interpreting. As I stated I hope I am WRONG!! There are always different slants and a host of ways planetary energies can manifest. However, in this case there are too many heavy hitting transits coming up to ignore.

In looking back at history, the many fallen empires, were at a peak of greed and corruption, very prosperous, how could they have fallen?

I know this sounds so gloomy, and the world will go on, changed mind you, but the point of astrology is to give warning, to be prepared, to show the changing times, which way the wind is blowing. Not to obsess about it, but to be prepared!

As to the actual physical manifestations that will occur, and the intensity of it, is very much open for discussion, none of us has a crystal ball, we can only go back and see what happened in any given aspect, and apply those lessons, of what happened in the past to what is occuring before our eyes.

There is some saving grace in all this, that the world is in this together!! Perhaps this will usher in (towards the end of Pluto/Cap) a new era, of countries working with each other in a new light, with the realization we are truly all in this together, one world, one planet. But I think all that will be a process and a ways down the road.
Agreed MorningSun. The reactive nature of Wall Street, and all global stock exchanges has a very bad depressive energy on financial life everywhere.

The long Pluto transit to come in tropical Capricorn and square to Wall Street's natal Nodes, along with the coming conjunction of Saturn with the chart's North Node in Aries and Uranus' coming conjunction to the chart's South Lunar Node means Wall Street will be challenged into the early 2010s.

This is a very challenging era we are heading into as all areas of finances: insurance, banking, credit, job growth, company expansions, community growth, regional and state infrastructure growth, etc., nearly every aspect and bearing on life will be severely tested in the next decade because of the rampant greed and materialism of the last 28 years overall, and especially the last eight years in particular.

Being prepared for the next decade will be key in the years 2009, 2010, 2011, and 2012 as the mid-2010s show global transits that are unfavorable, and very challenging. Beginning this December is a good time to plan personal/professional goals and directions over the next four years to be able to survive the mid-2010s.
Theo