McCain's Solar Return showed nomination win

Note that the Moon, ruler of his natal MC was in the sign of Leo and conjoined with his Mars in Leo which is the Almuten for his natal chart, in the sign of the King and in the 10th. This occurred on the 28th of Aug.

August was the month he locked up the nomination and Huckabee dropped out of the race. The Republican convention was Sept. 1-4 which made it official.

Now, interestingly McCain has a Lunar return occurring on the 4th of Nov., Election day. Obama has a lunar return occurring on the 13th of Nov. I wonder if there will be a delay/contest of the election returns?

RC

Hi RC,

there has been new information about the birth time of John McCain. In the link below is a copy of the birth certificate for John McCain giving 6.25 PM (18.25) for the birth time and Colon, Panama as the place . I got the link from Francois Carriere on the ADBUsers list.

http://johnmccain.dominates.us/forum/vi ... f=12&t=145

Also Shelley Jordan has found an article from the Panama American newspaper dated August 31, 1936. Page four of the newspaper carries a birth announcement that says, "Lt. and Mrs. John S. McCain, Jr. of the Submarine Base are the parents of a son born Saturday afternoon at the Submarine Base Hospital." (emphasis mine - this information is from Pat Tagliatello at AstroDatabank).

Here's the link to the newspaper article
http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-srv/po ... 041708.pdf

Thanks Sari,

Very interesting. I always felt the data for McCain was a bit fishy. On the original data it was hard to see how he become a Senator let alone him becoming a Presidential candidate.

McCains citizenship status has been raised before as a possible impediment to his becoming President. This seems to add more weight to the case against his eligibility. Still, I doubt the Democrats would resort to a legal challenge on this basis if they lost. Considering the mood of national crisis it would look very churlish and petty.

However, Obama's lead in the polls is making a McCain victory look an increasingly long shot outcome. The only question is how honest people are being about being willing to vote for a black candidate? This is the so called 'Bradley effect' and harks back to the black candidate for California governer Tom Bradley who held a comfortable lead in the polls over his white rival all during the campaign but ended up losing in the 1982 election. Still, if Obama keeps anything like his current 10 % lead even the 'Bradley effect' seems unlikely to be enough to stop him winning. Just as importantly he is leading in all the key states he needs and several he doesn't. This race doesn't look like its going to be as close as the last two.

Thanks for that info.

Does anyone know where the 9 AM time came from?

My father's birth certificate day and time was wrong. Back in those days, they often completed the paper work later and weren't always accurate with completing the correct info. My father's mother had recorded the true time. It is still possible that the 9 AM time is correct if it came from McCain's mother.

I've only glanced quickly at this new time but it doesn't seem to fit him as well because his 12th house is almost empty. The moon is entering it and for trad. rules, would be read there. And it opposes mars which is ruler of foreigners, so maybe it does fit.

I'll have to study this and try to confirm it.

Oh well, back to the drawing board....

RC :)

Does anyone know where the 9 AM time came from?
Its was related by one of McCain's political staff as coming from his Mother. I have come across examples where the Mother was way out. In Scotland the time of birth is accurately recorded at birth. However, some people recount times their mother have given them. You would think they would remember pretty well wouldn't you? However, its not always the case. Still, I have no idea how reliable record keeping was in Panama in 1936.

I have only taken a glance at the chart but the 18.25 time does have some redeeming features. I dont find a moon in the 12th all that surprising for a man who spent many years in a Vietnamese prison. In many ways this experience shaped his life ( Saturn =domicile and triplicity ruler of the Moon/12th house positioned in the first house)

His Jupiter in the 10th as MC ruler is extremely strong and conjunct the MC. His MC is also reasonably close (within 3 degrees) to the fixed star Antares ( heart of the Scorpion) which is of the nature of Jupiter and Mars and has traditional associations to military careers. If McCains birth time was a few minutes earlier this would be even more significant. Plus this would place the fixed star Aldebaran (southern eye of the bull) of the nature of Mars close to IC.

Ptolemy suggests for career we look to see if there are any angular planets. He gives priority to Mercury, Venus and Mars first. Mars is cadent in the 6th ( whole sign). Mercury is weak (whole sign) in the 8th house. That just leaves Venus. Although it has some dignity as triplicity ruler in Virgo it is still overall debilitated in its sign of fall and out of sect in a day chart so would be rejected. Looking to other planets we have Jupiter and the Sun and Saturn. Of these Jupiter is by far the strongest. It is often traditionally connected to the law and public servants. The Sun is angular and conjunct the ASC/Desc axis and naturally symbolises leadership, literally kingship. Ptolemy also suggests we look at any planets oriental of the Sun ( ie rising before the Sun) free of the sun's beams. The only qualifier is Mars. This reflects McCains military background well with its positioning in the cadent 6th. Still despite it all McCain has managed to make this bad experience a political asset perhaps reflecting Mars having its traditional 'joy' in this house. Mars also forms a trine to the MC and Jupiter.

However in terms of personality Saturn in Pisces seems fundamental in understanding McCain. Its placed in the first house and rules both his Moon and Mercury (Almuten) which form a partile trine to each other. Ptolemy considered these as representing the 'soul' although his meaning was closer to our modern understanding of words like manner and character rather than a spiritual essence. McCains emphasis on his fiscal responsibility and his greater experience is something he has emphasised constantly in his debates with Obama. Equally, though his independent stance on issues like the environment and immigration set him apart from the mainstream Republican party.

Whether this is McCains data though is open to debate. If the birth time was the afternoon this seems a prime candidate for a rectification. Unfortunately, there often appear to me as many rectifications as there are astrologers doing them. Ronald Reagan's chart comes to mind. Still, good luck to anyone wanting to have a crack at this.