Doubts about alchocoden...

Hi, i'm an italian girl, i'm sorry for my bad english. I'm studying ancient astrology but here in Italy is too difficult because we are few...people here usually study modern astrology.
I've many doubts.
Yesterday i was trying to find my alchocoden...i think it's Mercury because i was born during daylight and my Sun is in Virgo.
I use a french software who is called "aureas" that tells you how many years does give you the alchocoden.
Uhm...it tells me 66, then if i use the program to draw some charts it tells me 40,5 and after some other minutes 37,1 :( !!!!!
Which of these is the true number???????
I hope 66... :?
Anyway i'd lke to know if someone use this software and has found the same confusion.....
Using my head and not the software i see that my Mercury in Leo and in 11th has not much dignity except the mutual reception with the Sun.
I think it should give about 60 years...it has no malefic aspects...
Max for Mercury is 76, isn't it?
Can you help me with your opinion?
Thank you all very much and compliments for this beautiful forum!
Sara :?

Hi, Zarina

1 - The study of alchocoden, prediction of life, and the anareta directions are probably the most difficult study in natal astrology. Don?t mess around if you are a beginner or are not totally sure of what you are doing.

2 - So, I don?t care how good is the program, it is the interpretation of the data which is dangerous.

3 - As I don?t know the program, I can?t be of help, as there are several different little ways of calculating the alchococden.

4 - You Sun is virgo is not the only factor in the calculation of the alchocoden, so I would have to see your whole map. It could be the dispositor of the terms of the sun, etc.

5 - Even teacher like Zoller say that the method is complicate, not entirely reliable, and that you should read at least a 200 charts before you have a "grasp" of it.

6 - Dr. H. says that, due to raise in life expectation, we should always use the great years of the planets, and then make the additions or subtractions of years, acc to the afflictions of the chart.
Meu blog de astrologia (em portugues) http://yuzuru.wordpress.com
My blog of astrology (in english) http://episthemologie.wordpress.com