UEFA Cup 2008/2009

The UEFA Cup tournament starts of on Thursday 23. October with the first match kicking off between CSKA Moskva and Deportivo La Coruna at 18.00 CEST. The Moon makes its final aspect to Pluto at 19.54 CEST, which means that 13 of the 16 games played this evening will have the Moon Void of Course. We might have to recapture everything we have learnt on this condition before placing or stakes. The Moon will rule the ascendant in many of those late evening kick-offs! Maybe the question of radicality can tell us something about which way the ball will sway! Good luck everyone! :)
Last edited by Andrew Bevan on Thu Oct 23, 2008 5:49 am, edited 2 times in total.
http://www.astronor.com

Here are my picks for Thursday's matches:

Udinese - Tottenham, 19.10 CEST
Odds: 1.85 3.30 4.05
Asc 21TA40 MC 1AQ00 Moon 2837 POF 23CN44
The game is played on the Day of Jupiter, in the Hour of the Moon.
The Moon is exalted in the ascendant. There is no reason why the favourites, who are playing at home, should be overpowered by a weak Spurs. I go with Udinese.

Copenhagen - Saint Etienne, 20.45 CEST
Odds: 2,25 3,25 3,00
Asc 5CN06 MC 24AQ04 Moon 29LE29 POF 6VI21 squ Venus 6SG05
The game is play in the Day and Hour of Jupiter. Jupiter rules the ascendant by exaltation. POF is square Venus through signs of long ascension. The home teams are favourite and should take the points.

Rosenborg - Club Br?gge, 20.45 CEST
Odds: 2,00 3,25 3,60
Asc 17CN40 MC 21AQ51 Moon 29LE29 POF 18VI55
The game is played on the cusp of the hour of Jupiter and Mars. Both hours are radical, but I have observed on several occasions that this condition of being on the cusp of between hours produces a draw. The Moon is VOC, Neptune is on the MC and POF is conjunct Saturn but opposite Uranus and torn in two directions. A draw in this match will give a fair price.

Aston Villa - Ajax, 20.15 BST
Odds: 1,80 3,35 4,20
Asc 24GE05 MC 17AQ06 Moon 29LE46 POF 25LE05
The game is played in the Day and Hour of Jupiter. The chart is radical since Jupiter shares the same powers as the sign on the ascendant. Mercury, L1, is in mutual reception with Saturn, L10. The ansicia of Mercury is cast to 17AR21 and is sextile the MC. There should be enough her for Villa to grip on to, so I am going for a home victory!

Here are two other interestings game;

Schalke 04 - Paris SG, 18.15 CEST
Odds: 1,62 3,50 5,50
Asc 0TA20 MC 12CP12 Moon 28LE05 POF 27LE48
The game starts in the hour of Mercury - the Sun opposes the ascendant. Mercury does not prove the chart radical and could move the result away from the favourites. POF opposes the Moon. Mars, L7, is strong in his own sign at 13SC21 and casts a sextile to the MC. The Moon's application to the trine of Pluto could weigh in (although only in a secondary measure) and give some credit to the guests, represented Scorpio on the 7th. Does Paris stand a chance this evening? Mercury, Lord of the hour, is in Libra and is square the Midheaven. Maybe a draw? The price is good. :)

SC Heerenveen - AC Milan, 20.45 CEST
Odds: 4,75 3,50 1,70
Asc 12GE51 MC 6AQ04 Moon 29LE04 POF 11LE13
The gave starts in the hour of Saturn, who does not prove the chart radical unless you allow the mutual reception with Mercury. Mercury is trine the ascendant and opposes POF. The Moon is VOC. The January solar eclipse is on the Midheaven. There are too many tricks in this chart. Jupiter, L7, applies to the trine of his dispositor, Saturn, who is L10 and Lord of the hour. While the MC can't win, I think Saturn can. I don't think Heerenveen can win either way and I am giving the game to Milan.

Andrew
Thanks for the extensive coverage of tonight's matches.
I've only looked at the charts involving the English clubs(Spurs, Villa and Portsmouth) and I enirely agree with what you wrote about Spurs and Villa. Looks tricky for Portsmouth :(

By the way, the Moon isn't actually VOC...
It closely applies to the Sun and in the Spurs chart, it also applies to Pluto.

Its conjunction with Regulus may generally be good for faves though of course depending on other factors in the chart.
Last edited by Gem on Fri Oct 24, 2008 11:08 am, edited 1 time in total.

Udinese - Tottenham 2-0 :'
Copenhagen - Saint Etienne 1-3 :(
Rosenborg - Club Br?gge 0-0 :D :' :'
Aston Villa - Ajax 2-1 :'
Schalke 04 - Paris SG 3-1 :, (Fortunately, I didn't play this one)
SC Heerenveen - AC Milan 1-3 :'

The only match that went wrong among those I chose to play was the one between Copenhagen and Saint Etienne. Any suggestions what went wrong?? At any rate, another good day for me. Considering I have multiplied my initial investment by 6 in the last 2 days - the total profits are quite comfortable! :)

Well done with Portsmouth, Gem, who lost as you feared. I had no confidence to deal with this one...

I take some pride in the prediction of the draw between Rosenborg and Udinese. Not only were the technicalities of the chart very clear, it also attracted a great price. However, I need to explore what went wrong in other matches - thinking mostly of the game between Copenhagen and St. Etienne.

Copenhagen - Saint Etienne
I granted this chart radicality, seeing that Jupiter, Lord of Hour, is exalted in the ascendant. I will have to review this postulate in consideration of what actually happened. However, the chart would have been radical due to the common powers of Jupiter and the Moon, which are generally moist but the Moon would be moderately cooler than Jupiter. We also have to question whether 'that does it' because the Jupiter has powers that agree with the triplicity of air, i.e. moist and warm, but he is not granted the same credit in the triplicity of water that is moist and cool. So the question could be 'Is the Moon warm enough?' This might not be the problem.

One of the chart details is the VOC Moon. Seeing that she ruled the Cancer ascendant, it might be worth noting that this was the same as in the Rosenborg game, too. The favourites didn't win here either. The VOC Moon often sends the public astray (Actually, the public was sent astray - because not many met up to watch the game, their complaint being that the admission fee was too high!!). The result is different but the odds are comparable. But prehaps we should turn our attention back to Jupiter again, who is the Lord of the Hour. Inspite of him being in the degree of his fall, he is in his own terms and located in the 7th. Since he is Lord of the Hour and dignified in the 7th and applies to the trine of his dispoitor, who is Saturn and Lord of the 10th, maybe this is enough to tilt the game in the guests favour. However, it must be added that St. Etienne took an early lead and kept in control through the entire match.

In the Schalke - Paris match I suspect that the angularity of the Sun may have given some credit to the favourite. The Moon is at angle with POF and Mercury, Lord of Hour, is angular to the Midheaven. The favourites won. Maybe somebody can sum up a better explaination?

Four matches for Thursday:

Moskva - Lech Pozna?, 18.00 CET
Odds: 1,34 4,30 9,00
Asc 0LE07 MC 29PI37 Moon 5SG52 POF 0LE10
Game played on Day of Jupiter, in the Hour of Mars ? Radical
Moon cazimi ? Home team get it.

Galatasaray - Metalist, 19.00 CET
Odds: 1,50 3,75 6,50 (1X=odds 1,10)
Asc 23CN55 MC 6AR49 Moon 6SG22 POF 24CN44
Played in the cusp of the hour Jupiter/Mars
Moon is trine MC ? home team gets it or a draw

Schalke ? ManC , 19.00 CET
Odds: 1,90 3,30 3,85
Asc 14CN32 MC 12PI44 Moon 6SG22 POF 15CN01
Played on the Day and Hour of Jupiter.
Jupiter exaltation degree in asc ? home team gets it.

Rosenborg ? Valencia, CET 20.45
Odds: 4,50 3,30 1,75
Asc 16LE12 MC14AR56 Moon 7SG14 POF 17LE29
Played in the hour of the Sun ? Radical
Moon applies to Mars, L10 ? favourites get it.

Total odds on a quadruple: 1,34x 1,10x 1,90x 1,75= 4,90

Here are a few more:

Paris ? Santander, 20.45 CET
Odds: 1,95 3,25 3,75 (1x=1,22)
Asc 28CN45 MC 6AR11 Moon 7SG14 POF 0LE03
Played in the hour of Mars ? radical by triplicity
Moon, L1, applies to Mars,who is L10+L Hour.
POF inconjunct Pluto. Home win or a draw.

Braga ? Wolfsburg, 22.30 CET
Odds: 2,45 3,25 2,70
Asc 6LE18 MC 22AR57 Moon 8SG06 POF 8LE23
Played in the hour of Mars ? radical, agreement with Asc+ruler
Sun trine Asc. Moon applies to Mars, L10+L Hour.
Home team gets it.

NEC Nijmegen ? Tottenham, 19.00 CET
Odds: 3,50 3,30 2,00
Asc 13CN52 MC 11PI25 Moon 6SG22 POF 14CN22
Played on the Day and Hour of Jupiter
Combust Moon, L1, applies to Mercury, L4.
Away win or a draw. (x2=1,22)

It is possible to compose a tripple with Tottenham winning their game (2,00:1), Braga winning at home (2,45:1) and Galatasaray drawing against Metalist (3,75:1) for a total odds of 18,37:1.

Oh, oh... I see an inconsequence in my game estimates. The charts for the games Schalke - ManC and Nijmegen ? Tottenham are basically the same. Tottenham won their match! Hooray! :D And so did ManC!! :?

I will have to note that Jupiter's exaltation degree on the ascendant didn't help the home favourites Schalke who were defeated by ManC 0-2. The Moon applying to Mercury, L4, did the works for both Spurs and ManC!

However, I need some help with Galatasaray - Metalist that ended 0-1. How come the underdogs Metalist grabbed the victory? This is not what I was expecting. What is the indication here? Anyone?

Results:
CSKA Moscow - Lech Poznan 2-1 :'
Schalke04 - Man City 0-2 :,
Galatasaray - Metalist 0-1
NEC Nijmegen - Tottenham 0-1
Paris SG - Santander 2-2
Rosenborg - Valencia 0-4

Braga - Wolfsburg 2-3

How on Earth did Wolfsburg beat Braga? 2 goals in the final minutes of play. :shock:
I did no good. Galatasary - Metalist messed up one combination, Braga - Wolfsburg another.
It looked as if it was going to be mostly home wins today, but the statistics for the 16 UEFA games played show Home 18,75% Draw 31,25% and Away 50%. Any thoughts?