What drama! Barca scoring in the 93rd minute and going through on the away goals rule, then some of the Chelsea players virtually lynching the referee. I think he'll need an armed guard to get him home safely to Norway! Apparently there were 2 or 3 stonewall penalties that he failed to give. Oh well, these things happen.
How come Chelsea lost it with Mars, L1, conj POF?
I honestly don't know. It looked so straightforward didn't it? :-?

There is a condition called Raja Yoga, which occurs when the ruler of a sign is in his own sign together with a planet in its detriment or fall. In this case the debility of the second planet is abated because he is hosted by the first. It is like being a special and protected guest enjoying the friendship and hospitality of a King who is at home in his castle.
Thanks for this explanation I did not know that!
Moon in this chart also occupies the Via Combusta or "burning way", a traditionally malefic area of the zodiac. This is warning sign and show hidden matters to be involved, likely leading to an unpredictable outcome.
Greetings,
Goca
http://www.astrosport07.webs.com
http://fensi88.livejournal.com/

Raja Yoga - I will get my quote right on this one.

It is a term that, not suprizingly, is fetched from Hindu astrology. That expert Danish astrologer, Finn Wanndahl, wrote a fascinating book in 1983 ('Hinduernes Astrologi'), which is written in Danish, but where he includes a fascinating chapter on the Yogas. 'Yogas' means Planet Combinations. 'Raja Yoga' translates into King-combination. Of the Raya Yogas there are several. The one I noted in particular is called 'Neecha-Bhanga Raja Yoga' (Try wrapping your tongue around that one!) :shock:

Translated from Wanndahl's text:
"This very strong combination occurs when a debilated planet is in conjunction with an exalted planet. The debilation is annulled and the person will enjoy Raja Yoga, reflected through the involved houses."
I took the essense of the Neecha-Bhanga Raja Yoga and broadened it to include the following definition:

- A debilated planet joined to a planet that is dignified in that same place experiences the debilation as lifted and nullified, and enjoys the stature and resources of the dignified planet.

You may quote me on that! 8)
http://www.astronor.com

How come Chelsea lost it with Mars, L1, conj POF?
If the matched kicked off even a minute late, the aspect was separating...

I had a quick glance at the final chart(27/5, Rome) . It doesn't look very good for faves (if the ko time is at 20:45 local time--- I haven't checked yet)... with the Moon opp POF, which usually indicates a draw or underdogs win. I heard on the radio this morning that Barcelona are marginal faves, which I can't believe at all. Barcelona are going to miss key defenders and all in all, ManU seem to me a better team.

I'm still puzzling over this last weeks two semi's:
Arsenal - ManU 1-3
Chelsea - Barcelaona 1-1

Both away teams advanced.
The Sun L10 was in the 7th house, in mutual reception with Venus, L7, who was in the sign of both his exaltation and triplicity. So Sun is almuten in the place of Venus. Does this do it?

In addition to Venus' debilation being anulled due to the hosting of Mars. Mars was in the terms of Venus and offering virtue to Venus.
Previous attempts to understand football matches through the virtues of the lesser dignities has not impressed me, but the exaltation and Almuten could still be a counting factor.

Champion's League Final, May 27.2009, Rome

Barcelona - ManU, time 20.45 CST
Odds: 2,75 3,20 2,65
Asc 9SG58 MC 29VI07 Moon 22CN05 POF 25CP27
Played on the Day of Mercury and in the Hour of the Sun.
Radical - the Lord of the Hour and the Lord of the Ascendant are in the same triplicity. This combination may produce draws. The Sun, Lord of the Hour, makes no major aspects.

There's plenty of time to discuss the chart. Who gets the ascendant? ManU are defending the title. Alotting them the ascendant is a good starting point for discussion. Both Lord of 1st and Lord of 7th are cadent. Does this support the notion of a draw? Mercury, the Lord of the 10th is also the Lord of the 7th. The Moon applies to the dexter sextile Mercury. Mercury receives the Moon in her dignities. It is hard to know whether to give favour to the 10th or the 7th. The dexter aspect might create a safe and defensive game.

POF's closest aspect is the square to dignified Mars, cast through signs of short ascension. POF is in the exaltation of Mars. I believe this gives advantage to the defenders, ManU, but there could be the issue of extra play.

Anyone else like to forward an opinion? Heres the chart:
Last edited by Andrew Bevan on Tue May 26, 2009 8:33 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Gem wrote:It doesn't look very good for faves ... with the Moon opp POF, which usually indicates a draw or underdogs win. I heard on the radio this morning that Barcelona are marginal faves, which I can't believe at all.
According to Oddschecker there is no clear favourite. Most of the bookies can't split them. In this case Moon opp POF is of no use unfortunately.
Andrew wrote:Who gets the ascendant? ManU are defending the title. Alotting them the ascendant is a good starting point for discussion.
I agree. I'd also like to consider the colour method but we probably won't know who is wearing what until the teams emerge onto the field :(

A possibly interesting point to note is that Jupiter L1 perfects its conjunction (at long last!) with Neptune during the course of the game. Is this a good or a bad thing?

Goca, wouldn't 5? be too wide for antiscion POF conj Asc to be effective? I don't have any examples of my own but, according to JF, 2? or 3? is the maximum for conjunctions to angles.

I've just done a little search round the internet and it seems Barca will be wearing their usual blue and red while ManU will wear white. So using the colour method I assume Barca get the Asc. This conflicts with ManU getting the Asc as trophy holders. How annoying!

Ficina wrote:A possibly interesting point to note is that Jupiter L1 perfects its conjunction (at long last!) with Neptune during the course of the game. Is this a good or a bad thing?
Neptune surely wouldn't give an edge to Jupiter...

My experience is that antisica testimonies will have to be partile to be of any use and if my memory serves right, didn't we repeatedly witness last season that anti-POF conjuct AC (even partile) was utterly useless or meaningless?
In this case Moon opp POF is of no use unfortunately
Because there's no clear favourite, Moon opp POF here can be interpreted as a draw, rather than underdogs beating faves.

Neptune surely wouldn't give an edge to Jupiter...
I agree. If it has any effect at all I think it would be negative for the Jupiter team. Have we decided who they are yet by the way?

I also agree with what you say about antiscia testimonies.

The Moon's sextile to Mercury perfects at the very end of the game. A late goal perhaps? 29? on the MC also suggests "lateness".

Is anybody ready to make a prediction yet? :???: