Cardiff-Derby kicked off at the same time with an identical chart and yet Cardiff(faves) managed to beat Derby by 4-1.
I almost felt sorry for Rafa :lol: (sorry) especially because there seems to be absolutely no hope left for Liverpool with the 2nd leg chart looking great again for Chelsea.

Congratulations on Liverpool-Chelsea, Ficina! I agree with your analysis entirely! Commonsense said Liverpool had the pivot starting point, and then Chelsea won! How interesting! I didn't check the forum and went for a draw. :-?

This morning started with a heated discussion at the breakfast table, guests involved. No eggs were thrown but SOMEONE maintained that predicting the outfall of a footballmatch was a 50/50 outcome. Now anyone with any sense [my argument :P ] knows that a football match is a 33/33/33 problem in the least. Actually, it is probably more like a 40/25/35 problem (trying to keep it simple...) and additionally, if anyone wants to reserve their predictive skills for when the favourites are playing important home matches, then the statestics can hardly be impressive.

It is when something UNEXPECTED happens that people should raise their eyebrows. One underdog is worth three or four favorites! When predicting fottball games I think it is sufficient to move the victory away from the favourite!
Ficina wrote:All these different testimonies have got me confused but, on the whole, I can't see Liverpool winning.
Truly brilliant! Bravo!! :)
http://www.astronor.com

Thank you, Andrew. Very kind, considering I didn't actually go full-out for a Chelsea win. I understand the point you are making though about moving the victory away from the faves and it seems we were all on the right track there.

Glad to hear no eggs were thrown at your breakfast discussion :lol:

ManU - Arsenal, 19.45 BST April 29.2009
Asc 2SC41, MC 14LE23, Moon 12CN05, POF 4CP33
Played on the Day of Mercury, Hour of Mars. The Lord of the Hour and Lord of the Ascendant are the one and same planet. POF square Mars though signs of short ascension. The home team gets it.

Moon sextile Saturn, L4, through signs of long ascension, not necessarily an advantage for the guests. Reminds a little of the square the Moon cast to Saturn in Mondays' game between Newcastle and Portsmouth?

I agree ManU should win.

When Moon is sextile or trine L4, it's often an indication that the away team scores so it will be interesting to see if Arsenal manage to get the so-called 'vital away goal' to take to the second leg.

ManU's natal Jupiter is conjunct match chart IC and I wondered if they might somehow 'gift' Arsenal a goal. But then I checked previous examples where home teams had a planet conj IC and it didn't appear to work against them, although other factors have to be taken into consideration of course.

So Arsenal didn't manage to score but I gathered from the radio commentary that they were fortunate to concede just the one goal. At the end of the game apparently Wenger looked happier than Ferguson. We'll see what happens next week.

I found your analysis very interesting, Ficina, even though Arsenal did not score. Your view expressed all those astrological observations that were relevant to examine the game from all perspectives.

I was pretty content with finding the question regarding radicality relevant to deciding the outcome of the match in rather a simple fashion. I am sure we have got something there. You know how we developed that knack for picking the draws, too?

Question: Can the return matches next week be judged as isolated cases, or should we be carryng on some sort of virtue or measure found present in the first charts?

Arsenal - ManU, 19.45 BST
Odds: 2,75 3,20 2,65
Asc 8SC30 MC 22LE30 Moon 4LI55 POF 28PI01
Day of Mars, Hour of the Moon - radical
ManU won the first round 1-0 and are marginal favourites this evening. This chart gives me little or nothing. The Moon is only 13' past her opposition to her dispositor, Venus, who is L7. I suppose Arsenal get to play in red. Moon is also on the antiscia of Uranus. It will certainly be an exciting match, that's all I can say...

ManU are odds-on faves to reach the final; Arsenal are the outsiders of the four. However, there appears to be no clear favourite regarding this game. Quite a few bookies have gone for Arsenal and some can't make their minds up.
This chart gives me little or nothing.
I agree. There was just one little thing I noticed. The Part of Triumph (Asc+Jupiter-POF) is conjunct the Moon and opposite Venus L7. When I first looked at this chart a few days ago, I took this to be a double testimony for Arsenal who were the bookies' marginal favourites then and I thought it would be a good opportunity to test the effectiveness of this Part. Now I'm not so sure :-? Perhaps it means that Arsenal win the game but not by two clear goals, so ManU progress to the final??

However it turns out, I agree it should be an exciting game and I'm really looking forward to watching it on TV tonight.

Arsenal 1 - 3 ManU
ManU were the better team. It was a difficult chart. The question is how we read it. Maybe there is is some Part of prime factor that rules at team at this level. On the other hand, ManU can behave quite erratic - thinking that you never quite know what sort of team they are forwarding. Except like on nights like tonight, that is...

Moon was antiscia Uranus, which brought out the stars, if nothing else.

Wednesday:
Chelsea - Barcelona
Mars, L1, is conjunct POF. That must be a win for Chelsea, surely?? :)
Last edited by Andrew Bevan on Fri May 08, 2009 11:42 am, edited 1 time in total.

I'm beginning to think we might as well not bother looking at charts when ManU are playing - just assume they'll win!
Mars, L1, is conjunct POF. That must be a win for Chelsea, surely??
I hope so. I have money riding on them to reach the final 8)