Champions League 2008/2009

Although this competition is only at the group stage, I've had a look at two of tonight's games involving English clubs, both of which are being shown on TV here. The charts have conflicting testimonies and it will be interesting to see how these work out.

Arsenal v Porto, 7.45pm BST, Islington, Asc 15,17 Taurus

Arsenal are odds-on faves. Moon conj Mars (L7) looks good for Porto but Mars is partile square antiscion POF. For Arsenal we have Saturn (L10) partile trine Asc. I'm not sure if this works as well as L1 trine Asc (Wigan yesterday) but I'd imagine it would. I've been observing that partile aspects from sigs to angles and calculated points outrank lunar aspects to sigs. However, the Moon/Mars being a conjunction might well strengthen this particular testimony We shall see... Radicality is questionable depending on your point of view.

AaB Aalborg v ManU, 8.45pm CEDT, Aalborg, Denmark, Asc 11,32 Gemini

ManU are odds-on faves. The conflicting testimonies here are Moon trine POF, 3.5 degs (for the faves) and Pluto partile opp POF which JF says favours the underdogs. Personally I've had no examples to test this out. Chart is radical.

I'm not making any predictions here, but I'd be interested to hear others' opinions.

Ficina

Just had time for a quick look at the Man U chart.

As home team Aalborg get Mercury - cadent and retro in 6, but both lights there too. I'm wondering if this is strengthening?!?

POF I have at 25Tau00 - Mercury being in POF's dispositor's sign seems to point to home team

L7 in unfortunate 8 and in fall - I'd have to give the win to Aalborg.

Just thinking aloud here......

Thanks, Andrew :' Comprehensive wins for the faves tonight - Arsenal 4-0 and ManU 3-0.

Arsenal really are a class act when they're on form. They were a joy to watch tonight and certainly made up for their performance at the weekend.

The Arsenal game was played in the hour of Jupiter with a Taurus ascendant. The chart is radical because the lord of the hour shares the same powers as the lady of the ascendant. This agreement of powers between Jupiter and Venus provides a free path for Jupiter to manage matters according to his agenda without obstruction.

In my opinion that this type of radicality is more beneficial than if ie. the ascendant was in Aquarius. Because although Jupiter has the same powers as the sign on the ascendant, i.e. warm and moist, Saturn is the ruler of sign and will still stay in control due to his differences with the lord of the hour.

This evening Arsenal had no problems beating Porto 4-0, and ManU beat the Danish team Aalborg 0-3. :'
http://www.astronor.com

Thank goodness I didn't have any money on it......:-)

So the radicality of the charts pulled the faves through..... food for thought.

I think I need to re-think my predictions for this coming weekend :D

Off topic, but I would mention I have a chart at the Horary section describing the current stock market situation. The chart is non-radical, but so is the market - so the non-radical condition describes the current disorder where no one is happy.

I am adding the comment here just to expand our minds on how radicality works. You guys/gals might just be the only people in the world who understand me... :?
http://www.astronor.com

The chart is non-radical, but so is the market - so the non-radical condition describes the current disorder where no one is happy.
That's another interesting way of interpreting non-radicality.

Who was the LOH for Aab/ManU???? I had Jupiter as the LOH :-?

Tonights' charts look easier than last night's... It should be all right for both Liverpool and Chelsea.

Who was the LOH for Aab/ManU???? I had Jupiter as the LOH
Yes, Jupiter, same nature as Gemini - hot/moist.
It should be all right for both Liverpool and Chelsea.
Liverpool chart isn't radical but with Saturn (L10) trine Asc within half degree (although not partile) and Moon conj Venus (L1), they should be OK.

Chelsea chart is radical and Moon trines POF, so they should be OK too. Moon also trines antiscion Mercury (L1) so hopefully Cluj will at least score.

Well, nobody scored in the Cluj/Chelsea game, so another good result for Cluj. I guess the two Moon aspects cancelled each other out - interesting. Liverpool beat PSV 3-1 :'

Ficina wrote: Jupiter, same nature as Gemini - hot/moist.
My thought stopped at the point where Jupiter was Detriment in Gemini and had more affinity with the sign on the DC and failed to go any farther.

Re Cluj-Chelsea, I gave the AC to Chelsea but was it taken by Cluj, or the radicality didn't work because the LOH was in a weak condition(Rx and approaching combustion)?