Goal Margin Theory

Hi folks,

I'm developing a theory regarding goal margins based on the Moon being in cardinal, fixed or mutable signs. This is partly inspired by Dan's work on numbers of goals and also from noting the many 2-1 scorelines when Moon was in Aquarius and Taurus, but not when it was in Virgo.

I've been looking at results from last season and this, so at the moment it's certainly nothing like as comprehensive as Dan's research using thousands of games. I've been concentrating on the 3pm games, although the theory seems to apply to one-offs to a certain extent as well.

Observations so far:

Moon in fixed signs - goal margin of 1, mainly 2-1 but also 1-0 and 3-2.

Moon in mutable signs - wider goal margins and/or more games to nil, i.e. the losing team doesn't score.

Cardinal seems to produce a mixture of everything, so not very helpful.

Very early days of course and it could all come to nothing. This weekend will be a good test with Moon in Gemini. If it all falls flat then the theory could be refined by considering Moon's aspects (or lack of them) and the condition of the Moon's ruler. These factors should probably be considered anyway, but I haven't got round to it yet! :)

Thanks for your enthusiastic responses, guys :D

John,
Moon phase - yes! Would you like to be the moon phase monitor? :lol: Just kidding. Actually I had wondered if the quirky results and scores we had the other week with Moon in Virgo was down to its being a New Moon rather than, or maybe as well as, being in a mutable sign.

Dan,
It would be great if you could help in that way - thanks! I've been doing it all manually which is rather laborious, although the Barclays Premier League site is excellent for checking past results because it actually gives the kick-off times. This enabled me to concentrate on the 3pm games.

Hi Ficina
I echo everyone here; and it can provide a kind of useful guidelines particularly for people who predict scorelines.
I've been doing it all manually which is rather laborious,
Can't your nice new program do it for you??

It'd be also interesting to focus on VOC Moon
Goal-less charts (0-0)
Draw charts
as well as House position: houses 1-12 (angular/succedent/cadent) etc, etc,
Come to think of it, the list can be endless :lol:

Can't your nice new program do it for you??
:) Yes, it will pull out all the charts with, say, Moon in Gemini but unfortunately I never bothered saving the 3pm charts last season and those are the ones I particularly want to focus on.