Dark Matter and Black Holes

At 09.30 LST on Wednesday, Sept. 9th 2008 the worlds largest particle accellerator, the CERN-project, was started up in Switzerland with the purpose of accellerating protons to extreme speeds and then make them collide to try and reconstruct those powers that were in force at the creation of the universe. Scientists hope to discover some of the secrets of how natures basic elements were created, however, some sceptics have feared that the experiment would create a black hole causing unlimited damage and suck us all in, it was feared.

What terrific astrology! We have just had the Sun in Virgo (science, dust, detail) perform its trine to Jupiter in Capricorn (nature). The Sun disposes the South Node (the maelstrom in the wake of the past) and was combusting Jupiter's dispositor, Saturn (matter). Jupiter (the preserver)performed his 2nd station in Capricorn on September 8th at the same time as Pluto (the detroyer, but also with the potential to release and transform) was turning direct and making his 2nd station in Sagittarius.

Saturn is working its way out of the combustion of the Sun and scientist want to study how everything started. Note that when Saturn is 7 degrees separate the Sun this is also the time when the Sun performs it's opposition to Uranus in Pisces (diversification). So now they are looking for making particles collide (Uranus) and then take photographs as everything happens!

Scientists are also looking for the small missing bits they call dark matter (Saturn in Virgo). The astrology explains it perfectly! :D
http://www.astronor.com

What terrific astrology! We have just had the Sun in Virgo (science, dust, detail) perform its trine to Jupiter in Capricorn (nature). The Sun disposes the South Node (the maelstrom in the wake of the past) and was combusting Jupiter's dispositor, Saturn (matter). Jupiter (the preserver)performed his 2nd station in Capricorn on September 8th at the same time as Pluto (the detroyer, but also with the potential to release and transform) was turning direct and making his 2nd station in Sagittarius.
Andrew,

Sun in Virgo as science, dust, and detail was fun (especially the dust), but to me the rest is an excellent example of how we astrologically inclined folks find something to go on about when the world produces yet another of its inevitable events. Just what the heck is the meaning of a ?maelstrom in the wake of the past?? Should I be trembling in awe at the significance of it? How does one dress when attending a maelstrom?

We're really stretching here. Without the CERN start-up there wouldn't have been anything to talk about, and such maelstroms would have gone unnoticed. Pluto, as usual, will be destroying, releasing, and transforming. But mattter and its preservation will continue. Hurray. Which brings us back to Paris Hilton ...

Just what the heck is the meaning of a ?maelstrom in the wake of the past??
Thank you for your frank question. Is there another word for maelstrom in the English language? This word is more self-explaining in the Norwegian language, I am afraid. Put your Viking-helmet on for a moment! The Nodes are (in my imagery) like the forward and rear ends of a Dragon-ship. The North Node is up a-head in the front. The South Node is in the tail or stern. The North Node, or breast of the ship, shows where there is discovery and new momentum appears on our horizon. The South Node shows were we have been, where we are coming from. And while you're stood in the rear end of the ship, take a look down into the water and observe the disturbance in the tail of your travel.

So sorry to have disturbed you on a Saturday morning. You might explain that thing about Paris Hilton. Are you eating breakfast together? :???:

You might explain that thing about Paris Hilton. Are you eating breakfast together?
No. She's sleeping in today. Matter preserving itself.

This nodal maelstrom thing is kind of interesting. It's like the hair from the top of my head spinning down the shower drain. I hope there's enough North Node new momentum for sufficient replacement.

From Merriam Webster Dictionary

Main Entry: mael?strom
Pronunciation: \?m?l-str?m, -?str?m\
Function: noun
Etymology: obsolete Dutch (now maalstroom), from malen to grind + strom stream
Date: 1682
1 : a powerful often violent whirlpool sucking in objects within a given radius
2 : something resembling a maelstrom in turbulence

and I'd recommend scuba gear for attire.

Come on Granny! Kirk looks great in his Viking helmet!
Particularly in view of the hair loss.
North Node disposed by Saturn - all will go well, I am sure! :)

Thanks, Kirk! South Node in the 3rd house here. I will try to formulate myself in better English next time. I'm really hung up on the conception of the nodes being like a karmic or collective Dragonship travelling the seas of Soul much like an electron travels the proton of an atom. I am asking myself questions like: "What is life?" "What is this story about reincarnation?" "Does DNA have a life of its own?" and trying to relate it to the nodes. Oh, oh... I spoilt it again, didn't I? :???:

Well, the experments at CERN are both exciting and a little bit scarey. Hoping that we don't all get flushed down a black hole or down the shower with the remaining of whatever hair. I think it is the astrological opinion that events occur in coinherence. Is there any relationship between the crashing of protons and the crashing of trains? Surely not!? At the same time as we are trying to accumulate some information on our most recent member of the Solar system family, Eris.

One thing is for sure. I ain't got all the answers. I sure wish there was somewhere I could meet people who could help me clear my thoughts! :roll:

I have a few questions:

1) Is there anyway that the experiment at CERN can be compared to ringing a cosmic doorbell?

2) Is dark matter and anti-matter the same thing?

3) Is the some sort of wierd synchronity between the experiments being performed at CERN and the collapse of the real-estate market?

Hi Andrew,

I wonder what transits you're having at the moment to prompt the ideas you're coming up with.

Do you see something astrologically that looks like ' ringing a cosmic doorbell'? All they've done with the hadron collider so far is fire it up, and it will be weeks or months before they start colliding particles. It may not be until the middle of next year (so I've read) that they start doing it at black hole creating energies ... which does mean that the interesting bit might come during the extended Jupiter/Chiron/Neptune conjunction (they'll all be within 1 degree of each other for over two months next summer - with a close semi-sextile to Uranus). That looks like a rare enough set-up to presage something out of the ordinary - perhaps an opportunity to begin healing our relationship with the spiritual world (?) - but I'm not sure whether that would count as ringing a doorbell.
I'd got the impression you knew about this sort of stuff! They are quite different. Anti-matter (as I understand it) was postulated as the mirror-image, electrically, of regular matter - i.e. for every particle that we observe there is one that has the same mass, but the opposite electrical charge - and they have apparently made small quantities of it at CERN. As far as I know it wasn't postulated to explain any particular problem, but rather because symmetry suggested it ought to exist.

Dark matter on the other hand was brought into the picture to reconcile observations of distant galaxies with current understanding of gravity - it has mass, so affects regular matter gravitationally, but it doesn't interact with the electromagnetic force and is therefore invisible. It is currently, I believe, thought to make up 85% of the matter in the universe but for some reason it is apparently absent in some parts of the universe, including Earth - although there is reason to believe that pigs' wings are made of it.

Malcolm

Hi Malcolm,
Unfortuntely I do not know everything there is to either modern physics or astronomy (or anything else for that sake), but I hope I still qualify to asking questions. :???:
Do you see something astrologically that looks like ' ringing a cosmic doorbell'?
My notion was that we in fact appear to know very little about how information gets around in the universe. If we are performing scientific experiments that are on the breach of performing the acts of 'God' and 'God' is an abstraction, I am not totally convinced that we know which buttons or doorbells we actually are pushing. Stephen Hawking said that we should probably lie low instead of attracting undue cosmic attention from the cosmos. As long as Darth Vader doesn't pick up any changes or tremors in the force - hopefully we will all be safe. 8)
You will have to excuse my question on this one. It was like throwing the ball up into the air. I haven't got a clue. What the dark matter that astronomers believe is out there consists of or where the anti-matter is located, whether they are two separate things or in co-existance is well beyond me. I thought I picked up from the CERN-project that the scientist were hoping to create or observe dark matter, but there was some speculation that if they were to create matter - anti-matter may also be a product of the same process.

Please fill in my blank spots. I am too ignorant to know whether these consist of dark matter or anti-matter. It might not matter, but I really do care! :sg

Why bother give pigs wings, even chickens don't know how to fly..

yeah -- crashes and big bangs are structural to the zeitgeist, though i do think the cern is setting the paradigm

i also find the hypothesis that cern will create a nanosize black hole that will expand so that timely for the debacle promised by the mayans at the end of the 5th great age, we'll implode into another dimension

actually i think the god particle they believe they are seeking (bosun is it?) which adds mass to particle part of particle/wave thus creating matter -- is a dimension -- a point having no dimension, a line has one dimension, a plane two, a solid three, and solid through time 4,

Ohh, my head hurts now... :shock:

In some metaphysical circles they have been talking for some time about a 'polar shift', where the North and South pole do a flipsy-doopsy. Apparently this happens every so often (in tens or hundreds of thousands of years, I mean). Climatic shifts are a part of this as well, in theory.

I wonder if the North Pole will 'shift' to Switzerland...?

Is there an 'off' button for the CERN machine? If everything starts to implode, who will flip the switch?

GH :???:

Hi Andrew,

I started this yesterday, but got tangled up in some astrological speculation. It's still a bit tangled, but hopefully it's clear enough ... but I'll get the physics out of the way first.
... there was some speculation that if they were to create matter - anti-matter may also be a product of the same process.
I presume this is related to the fact that matter and anti-matter annihilate each other; when they create anti-matter it only exists for a moment, because it immediately comes into contact with some matter, and they both cease to exist. But the total amount of matter stays the same, because the process of creating anti-matter also creates a balancing amount of anti-matter. I imagine they don't expect 'regular' anti-matter to be created, but the 'rule' that you can't create one without the other presumably applies - so perhaps, as a by-product of creating dark matter, they're anticipating creating anti-dark-matter!

I'd better stop there, hadn't I!

I'm not really the right person to fill in your blank spots, I'm afraid. As you might have gathered I'm deeply sceptical about some of the theories that the scientific establishment takes seriously (I think some of the things they call 'laws of physics' should really be treated as no more than useful working assumptions) and I'm not really knowledgeable enough about the orthodox view to tell you about it properly. But as far as I can see, theories of dark matter and black holes are built on such shaky foundations that you can only take them seriously by abandoning the intellectual caution that is essential to good science.

Which is not to say that the events at CERN have no value astrologically:

The charts that Mike and Amelia posted for the formation of CERN (on the LHC startup/CERN) thread will be activated by the Jupiter/Neptune conjunction next summer, and also by the Jupiter/Uranus conjunctions in 2010 and 2011. That might suggest that there is some real substance to what they're doing, but, as we know, it's rarely that simple.

I believe that the more true something is to the essential nature that it embodies, the more closely it responds to the timing and symbolism of astrology. Much of the difficulty of relating events to the movements of the planets stems, I think, from the fact that we so often distort that essential nature - and that stretches the relationship with the cosmos. So when scientific (or financial) institutions embrace delusions, the astrological influences are unable to work directly - the underlying dynamic remains, but the manifestation comes at the 'wrong' time or in the 'wrong' form. An example of this might be CERN's role in the development of the internet - what the world needed, but unrelated to what the organisation was actually set up for.

Just as horary practitioners recognise that planet placements might just show hopes and wishes rather than outcomes, we can perhaps only understand the astrological influences by looking beyond the events themselves, to the motivations that drive them. The formation of CERN might be seen as the embodiment of a change in mankind's approach to understanding the cosmos; an outward sign of a cultural shift which manifests, in the population at large, as a willingness to probe the nature of things in more depth than we did before.

I mentioned some time back, on another thread, the chart that Geoffrey Cornelius had called the 'anti-astrology' chart - I wondered if it could be regarded as the birth-chart for a zeitgeist, the spirit of secular scientism (as it happens, it resonates strongly with the CERN chart). I am coming more and more to the view that mundane astrology will have to be understood through the lens of a number of archetypal charts - that different aspects of human experience are in effect governed by particular 'defining moments' - and we will only begin to understand the world properly when we can identify those times and watch those charts.

This view might explain why some times (such as the present) seem far more important than looking at the sky would suggest. Although we are in the foothills of the Saturn/Uranus opposition I'm reluctant to attribute the current financial meltdown to it at such a wide orb, and I can't see the Mercury/Venus/Mars conjunction as more than a trigger; but if the chart of one of the spirits of the world is being activated, then close aspects between the major transiting planets wouldn't be needed.

I had never paid much attention to CERN, but I was struck by the way the startup of the new collider seemed to have caught people's imagination, so I wonder if it's formation came at one of those defining moments.

On that reading, significant transits or progressions to the CERN chart might indicate some new development in our understanding of reality - but one that does not necessarily come from CERN itself. And, conversely, we can perhaps look at developments at CERN, when its chart is activated, and see them either as indications of trends that are operating, under the surface, in the wider population, or of emerging possibilities in our relationship with the cosmos. When looked at in that light, the willingness of the physicists to 'perform acts of God' could perhaps reflect an impulse from the divine for us to aim a bit higher ... and a willingness to be open to us if we do.

Then again perhaps the transits it will be having over the next couple of years simply signify a new phase in the development of the internet!
Is there an 'off' button for the CERN machine? If everything starts to implode, who will flip the switch?
The switch is the first thing to go, Gunhilde!

Malcolm