To start off the ball, here is an example. I suppose this chart goes more under the category of a horary than mundane, but I am entering it here because it is the mundane event of Saturn departing from combustion that I want to study. So here goes:
A woman has been a victim of bureaucratic malpractice for 6 years in a case that runs from the top to the bottom of the political scale involving the national health services, union matters, financial benefits, political malpractice and a diversity of different official departments that have been covering up for each other to mask their own mistakes.

The querent is represented by the Cancer ascendant and the Moon, which is in Aquarius the 10th. This matter is of public interest and reach the press. The Moon separates from Chiron by 1,5 degrees and it is true that July (1,5 months back) was pure havoc for the woman. Her health has not been good, but I judged that her situation would shortly improve as the Moon immediately applied to her own face, and then within 2,5 degrees or 2,5 months in time to Neptune, who I in this particular instance allow to work as co-ruler of the 11th house - good new, a happy break, release.

The interesting thing with the chart is how Saturn, lord of the 10th, has been combust the Sun who is lord of the 4th. The Sun is dispositor of the Moon's South Node who is on the cusp of the 4th, so there is no doubt that there is something someone has been trying to bury and supress and hide this issue from the public eye. The people responsible were probably hoping that my client would drop dead or give up. But Saturn is about to depart from combustion and at within short time it will become impossible to hide the facts. Seeing the Saturn is in the 5th house I do not reckon it as unlikely that some journalist will make this case his or her brainchild and that full documentation of hideous official practice will be released in form of a book.

This chart would be one example of skeletons that were just about to fall out of the closet, as it were. :'
http://www.astronor.com

This chart would be one example of skeletons that were just about to fall out of the closet, as it were.
Hi interesting , that south node comment made me think of a past observation about Nodes. It seems to me that anything passing the south Node tends to represent factors completely outside of an individuals control which can have a major impact, in contrast to the "make your own fate" aspect of the North Node. so that node is highlighting the client's helplessness as a victim of circumstances passing and regaining her power with the strengthening Saturn. Noticeably the Sun as the fourth ruler for the ending of things is disposed by Mercury in its Mars conjunction. So as you say it really looks like the truth will out!
regards
mike c

Thanks Mike! :'
Some 12 months ago the South node was conjunct Saturn in Virgo. At this time the 3500 year old Mummy of Tutankh-Amon was put on exhibition for the general public for the first time. Talk about the reminiscenses of an ancient past - captured and incarnated in a human form, ie Virgo. The mummy was said to be so fragile that if it was exposed for human breath, the mere breathing on it would be enough to turn the mummy to dust. Hopefully in not one big huff and puff. Yes, the South node is interesting and I am noting how its location in Leo is having an effect on the meanings provided by the Sun (which is an interesting lesson in the working of dispositions). The South node sure makes for an ancient past, showing something that is in a fragile or weak condition. It may show the turmoil that occurs in the wake of something that has passed by. I also find that the South node indicative of narrow doors.

Skeletons in Closet?

Hello Andrew,

This is an interesting concept, one which I have not heard of. Where did it come from, a reference or experience of what you have observed?

Is Saturn coming out of combustion and indication of skeletons in the closet coming out? Very Interesting, can you tell me more regarding this?
Thanks!

To Morning Sun;
The delination is mine. The classics like Lilly, Al-Birumi, Bonatus and others give a general description of a planet combust or under the Sun's beams. But obviously it is possible to add a qualitive description to this condition according the nature of the planet in question, the sign in which the combustion occurs, and considering the possible dispositions of the Sun.

A significator combust but departing from the Sun is good for matters of discression. A significator combust but approaching the Sun is good for matters that you either want to have buried and gone, or secrets that you never want to reach the daylight.

A planet departing from the Sun is like a new born child trying to get its grip on life. A planet approaching the Sun is like an old person towards the end of life, full of fear and powerless, eventually overwhelmed by his maker. The cazimi condition is considered a fortitude by reason that the significator is in the Heart of the Sun, and in true union with his Maker and similar to the state of being in heaven. My experience would be that the two degrees before and after the Sun also told a special story, in the same way as anything signified by a planet withing two degrees of the opposition of the Sun also is due to destruction and ruin.

Saturn departing combustion would certainly be indicative of a more unpleasant birth than if the significator was Jupiter. Jupiter would have the tendency to be protected and embraced, while with Saturn there is the dealing with facts and the fight for survival. The Sun disposing the Moon's South Node is due be caught in the act of supression. With Virgo there is more often than not a sense of order or concern of getting the details correct. Saturn is the stick and stones (or skeleton) of reality. While scientists in Switzerland attempt to monitor those first moments where all the sticks and stones toppled out of the Hat of Creation, on another level people will be looking for the basic (stinking) facts that have been under hiding. Saturn is our good old 'Bones', so with Saturn departing from the combustion of the Sun in Virgo comes to mind the picture of how our sense of order will be affected as the skeleton comes out of its hiding in the closet.

I was hoping we might make some observations along this line of interpretation on a mundane level, or maybe gather some thoughts.

Sarah Palins Skeletons

Hello Andrew,

Thank you very much for your response, they are always so informative and add so much insight for me!

It is interesting because, here in the States, the new Vice Pres Nominee, Sarah Palin, made such a huge impression on everyone and now, thank goodness, her skeletons are starting to come out of the closet!!! As you so aptly put it.

That is such a great observation and a great way to put Saturn coming out of combustion. All these little jewels of wisdom and observation is what is great about this site!

MorningSun
It is interesting because, here in the States, the new Vice Pres Nominee, Sarah Palin, made such a huge impression on everyone and now, thank goodness, her skeletons are starting to come out of the closet!!! As you so aptly put it.
What dark, shameful secret in her past are you talking about? Facts please.

Andrew, I bought a used car during that combustion and Saturn rules the second house. Now you have me worried! :-) I'll keep you posted if any problems arise.

Kali,

Nothing shameful that I know of, according to an Article in the Washington Post, it gave a very good summary of her actions while Mayor of Wasilla, Alaska. Some of which were asking the Librarian if she would remove books, if told to, the librarian said no and Palin fired her. Palin also fired everyone who worked for the city who did not agree with her, and tried to get her ex-brother-in-law fired from the Police force (her sisters former husband) In addition she fired several other people to use the money for Washington Lobbyist, made a new position of deputy administrator, (to run the day to day affairs of Wasilla, which is what the Mayor is supposed to do!) On top of that she touts herself as a soccer Mom and built a brand new IceArena in Wasilla for (the public???) really her family.

She does things fast and furious and creates a path of destruction much like a hurricane, and beware of those who stand in her way, she removes or destroyed them. So the article said!

So she really did not have any adminitrative responsibilities as she handed those duties to a deputy administrator, created the position that did not exist.

Living in Anchorage Alaska for 22 years, I am well familiar with the politics of a very small town of Wasilla. Not too brilliant I might add. The population of Wasilla at the time of her being mayor was only 5,500, that is not a lot of experience, it is a very backward small town that does not adhere to most of the norms of how a goverment works, it mostly at the whim of who ever is in office, same with the Police Force and Troopers. It is as if they are a law unto themselves.

I thought the article in the Washington Post was pretty on target.

So Kali, nothing shameful per se, but questionable and a very wild card, I am not sure I want that type of person, who may at one time or another have to be the President of the United States. Just my opinion, no need to agree or disagree. It just is.

MorningSun
The population of Wasilla at the time of her being mayor was only 5,500, that is not a lot of experience, it is a very backward small town that does not adhere to most of the norms of how a goverment works...
Can't let it not be said that she is the Govenor of Alaska.